Chinese Taipei Open 2006 Pictures...

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by ctjcad, Jun 19, 2006.

1. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Well, I don't think about this often, but in fact, I do pay them. I paid for the Taipei Open tickets and I paid Yonex and other badminton companies a lot of money every single year. Personally, I don't think there is very many people pay more than I do to badminton in terms of money (if that's what you care.)

It is up to me to post pictures or not, and I will be the one who makes decisions. So far, the pictures are free as I have not yet charge anyone a penny. The only thing that I am asking is not to modify pictures and do specify the source when re-posting. Is that something too much to ask?

About the watermark. Heck, I am not good at photo-editing. Every time when I do those, I need to scratch my head and try to learn how to do it by asking my friends. I wanted to make those marks lighter, but I'm not sure how to make it work generally applied to all pictures.

Those watermarks didn't exist at the day 1 and day 2 pictures because I trust everyone in the badminton world and I never thought about adding those marks on. However, after I was informed by several people about the incidents, I couldn't post pictures like I used to. Adding them on was not fun for me as it took me a long time to put them on. I don't want to do those, but what choices do I have? People at other sites use all kinds of excuses to break the rules and claim those pictures are now theirs. It made me wondered why must I share pictures online? I know people want to see pictures, and I am willing to share them, but why do people kept on asking for more and more?

I went to the Taipei open pretty much every day and I enjoy games and environments there. By providing pictures online is a way to let people know how players did in here. If you want to ask for more, please buy an air ticket as I did and fly to the tournament yourself.

Are you saying all people who ddin't share their photos are not badminton fan? I am not understanding your logics here.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

bluejeff,
    thanks again for your effort. We understand, at least myself, what you've gone thru. Sorry again for what happened with the pics you've taken. Hopefully it won't happen again in the future.
    Regarding my suggestion on adding watermark to the background, sorry i couldn't help you out.:p But i'm pretty sure someone/a BC member(s) in here probably knows how to make/create them..:rolleyes: ;) :cool:

3. fabcargo

fabcargo Regular Member

badminton
    Bluejeff I Am Behind You!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bluejeff I am 100% behind you. Just 1 advice. Please just ignore Taufik-ist. Judging someone to be a non fan is simply ridiculous.

4. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I'm not a badminton fan. Just a badminton player :eek: :D Joke. No pun intended. Anyway we all must thank BlueJeff for providing us the pictures. Why not just Enjoy badminton and not talk negatively about anyone.

5. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

Pls correct me I'm wrong. As far as I know, it is seawell who triggered the whole issue.

seawell, I would like to know your thoughts

6. Josh²

Josh² Regular Member

Student
    lol... Thanks BlueJeff... I love those pics! :D

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i think it is mikemike:

http://www.badmintonrepublic.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4375

but then, i don't know the whole story...

8. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

9. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

Well anywaaay !!
    BlueJeff your pictures are just amaziing !! Thanks for the effort. That's great from you to share that with us. And i'll follow ants when he said "Why not just Enjoy badminton and not talk negatively about anyone."
    Since 2 or 3 weeks, i saw about 10 thread blocked ! many people are insulting each others !! heeeyy enjoooyy liife, don't be silly and spend your time making angry someone else =p

Kwun made this forum to share his love for badminton, bluejeff shares his pix bcuz he loves badminton, mikemike shares many badminton videos bcuz he loves badminton ...
    Well just be thanksful and enjoy it ^^

10. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    people please calm down..
    just make sure u ask bluejeff before taking his pic ok problem solve
    great pics by the way...

sigh I think this thread closing down soon too LOL~~~
    WHATS WITH PEOPLE LOVE TO FIGHT IN THIS FORUM LOL~

11. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Although the tour is over, there "might be" more pictures coming up. (I am having some problems in hardware on reading out the pictures)

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    thanks all who are making peace. and i agree, we should make peace in BC.

as for the photos, i think they key is to share. even if the photographer puts his name on it, i think it is totally OK. afterall, by copyright law, the photographer do own the picture (as it is a public event) and he has the right to put appropriate credits on them.

as long as we can enjoy the picture, that's all that matters, right?

13. seawell

seawell Regular Member