Chinese Taipei 2004 predictions...

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Open / Hong Kong Open / Indonesia O' started by kwun, Dec 2, 2004.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Malaysia being the only country with top players attending, i think they will bring home quite a few titles in the tournament.

my predictions are:

MS:

Lee Chong Wei - too fast for anybody to keep up really, and this lad will gain experience on every tournament he plays.

MD:

Chan Choong Ming / Koo Kien Keat - quite a good pair with determination.

WS:

quite a difficult one to judge with Wang Chen w/o.

WD:

Wong Pei Tty / Chin Eei Hui or Jiang Yanmei / Li Yujia

XD:

Koo Kien Keat / Wong Pei Tty - i was debating between them and the Singapore Open pair of Hendry / Li Yujia (i mean, how can you beat the name Li Yujia - literally translate to "Li Good Badminton"). the SIN pair was so close against Koo/Wong in the Sing Open but there they had home ground, in Taipei they don't.

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    My Bets

MS: WCH/LCW
    WS: Chen shaoh Chieh
    MD:kkk/ccm
    WD:dont know a lot about any of them, but the 1st seeded TPE pair have had some good results. them or wong pei tty/chin eei hui (3rd seeded mas players)

XD:wouldnt go against kkk/wpt winning this.

3. ronk

ronk Regular Member

Lee CW should win the MS. Because it is an all-Malaysian event from now on, Lee will win as he can beat all the Malaysians in tournaments. He has been doing so for the last 2 years.

It looks like Malaysia might actually win 4 of the 5 events. I wonder why Malaysia did not send their female singles players like Wong MC, etc. How can the females develop their skills without playing in international tournaments? Malaysia might have made a full sweep.

Ron

4. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Maybe they are too nice :p because they don't want to sweep Taipei like crazy ! :D:D

(or could it be injuries?)

5. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I agree with you. The last thing I remember Wong MC doing was to attempt qualifying for the Olympics. She didn't even participate in Singapore and Malaysia Satellite. So, something like an injury is conceivable. If not, I would have put her in every tournament.