Chinese Men's Gymnastics

Discussion in 'ATHENS 2004 non-badminton events' started by Californian, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Californian

Californian Regular Member

How is this non-medal finish of the defending Olympic champions being received back in China?

2. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

Xia Xuanze laughing his head off at the airport..

3. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

Oops, sorry... Posted at the wrong thread.. wow, this is really embarassing... I opened two links of the forum and wasn't reading the title properly..I was to devastated after Chen Hong lost, i was not aware of the thread i'm posting..Sorry again!!

4. rayeraye

rayeraye Regular Member

ahhh i just checked the news. yang wei was leading men's all around, but he made a mistake on the single bar and only placed at 7th. :(

5. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    The new rules

These new rules where you only get 3 scores with no room for mistake really penalizes the chinese team which have the most dynamic atheletes and skills but can't take advantage as they can't really gamble as much as one big mistake and your out...weak...I mean I want to see people do crazy stuff on these events...not the same old routines again and again

6. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    It's definitely dissapointing for the Chinese people back home to see that their defending Men's champions from Sydney came back with nothing and only a 5th place finish and that the Women's side only placed 7th overall.

However, I think these failures will only drive the nation's people to encourage, support, and cheer on the Chinese even harder in the individual apparatuses and the athletes will only try even harder to bring back pride for the country! In fact, Yang Wei apologized to the Chinese people and to his coach after his failure in All-Around. I'm sure he'll come back strong on individuals though.

These athletes and all Chinese athletes will continue to receive the utmost of support from the Chinese public.

And they will sure as heck receive it from me too!

7. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Well, today Teng Haibing has just semi-redeemed himself and the Chinese men's gymnastics team by winning gold on the pommel horse!!!

I'm betting Li Xiaopeng will take at least one gold (or one medal) tomorrow in his apparatus events.

8. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

Just watched some vaulting today...

That Russian guy sure had a bad day, coincidentally, his birthday. First, he lands hips first into the mat on his first jump. OUCH!:eek: Then for his second jump he lands on his face, scoring a perfect 0.00. Double OUCH!:eek::eek:

Then, Li Xiaopeng messes up his first jump, and lands on his butt. Though it was ugly, I was surprised it scored even lower than the first jump by the Russian, which I deemed far uglier and more embarassing. Oh well..

It looked like Dragulescu was gonna win after his amazing 9.70 first jump, but then he messed up his second too! I guess some people just have bad days:(.

9. mustlehustle

mustlehustle Regular Member

Bad Judging

It is very clear that the judgin in the Olympics really sucks......why I say this is because it seems this time around they have been favouring the U.S gymnastics teams to succed. I'm really sad to see the Chinese team losing alot of medals in Gymnastics and hope in 4 years the domination will return to China........

Gymnastics is turning very iffy in the judgin side and have traces of political issues in them that is very shameful to see.