Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

I think zhang nan should give up mixed doubles.he is very creative & innovative but he seems to be lack of power

2. Master

Master Regular Member

I'm just think IF Liu Cheng couldn't be a better partner for Zhang Nan, it's time to try Zhang Nan/Lu Kai.

I'm wonder about the others think about this idea.

j4ckie, Cheung and stanleyfm like this.
  3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    @Justin L

Saw that you wrote Zhang Ning gave her resignation in after Uber Cup in another thread.

So, she wasn't asked to resign?

4. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Yes, but like silkworms they are cocooned after the junior championships. Its a shocking policy and that's why there are no good singles players coming through the system. They also never send their U 12 and U 15s to tournaments at all. How do you encourage youngsters to take up the game when they are not taken overseas trips for their effort. It's about time those incumbents in the CBA who support this policy be replaced with younger ones with a more progressive view of badminton!!

5. boon_keng

boon_keng Regular Member

Besides lu kai, I wonder too what happened to sun Yu (chn woman singles)......bwf need to have like a espn, 24/7 news/tabloid .....badzine not sufficient......

stanleyfm likes this.
  6. Master

Master Regular Member

Sun Yu is still in her extended post-injury recovery period. Some updated news had been posted in her thread here.

7. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

What is her injury?.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

8. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Chinese second tier players & juniors can participate in upcoming spain 300 event

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

That's my understanding but, apparently, not accepted by Xia Xuanze yet who probably asked her to take a break and reconsider, which is why there's still no official announcement as one reporter said after checking with some people in CBA.

Cheung likes this.
  10. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

What about song xue anyone know any updates about him??

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I don't think you can fairly compare FHF and LYC :D Fu never moved in such a cumbersome manner, and from the very beginning looked much more natural in his swing than LYC, who always looks a bit labored and his shots lack and sort of natural flow in my eyes. Seems like the type of player that doesn't have a big aptitude for the technical aspects, but makes up for them with training, and he appears effective, despite being obviously less talented than some others...

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Unfair comparison as there are 3 doubles disciplines and 2 singles ones... ;)

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

3000 _professional_ players? Holy moly, that's a lot. I think Germany has less than 50 :D and Denmark certainly can't have more than maybe 150-200, possibly less, even though it's a successful sport there...? 3000 seems like a lot to me.

stanleyfm likes this.
  14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

FHF movements looked somehow clumsy and awkward in my opinion though, or maybe it was because his uneven muscle proportion on his left arm as opposed to the much less muscle on his right arm made it look like he was moving very unnaturall. Technical wise no problem, just the overall movement seemed funny sometimes.

Why would there be comparison or rivalry between the two coaches anyway? Shouldn't they work together in harmony? :D

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Injured and making coaching videos

16. boon_keng

boon_keng Regular Member

Thank you for the information.

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

What....? :D how do you see FHF as clumsy....? Do you mean footwork or his racket swing? Because there's no way anyone could describe his footwork as clumsy. His technique is a tiny bit weird in some aspects, but not even close to LYC imop who sometimes seems like he is holding the racket with all his might and just seems super tense and all training and not talent :D that's not meant as a derogatory statement btw, the results really don't care how you look when you play. I just think he isn't much of an athlete to be quite frank, or rather not much of a talent for any kind of coordinated movement. That sounds harsh, but again, I don't mean that as critique, he probably has to train more than others to learn and refine stuff that comes pretty natural to others, and in some areas he is certainly not subpar. I just happen to notice his apparent weaknesses quite strongly - for example, his jump is a joke for a professional player, probably in part because he seems to have very limited movement of his knees and hips, and his slightly shuffling way of moving doesn't help either, neither do his outward-turned feet. Not sure what's the reasons are, and I guess it doesn't really matter much. I just notice it :D
    Please keep in mind that I'm not hating on him ;) it doesn't say anything about him as a player, and what I find clumsy or cumbersome may not even appear so to others.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I know, but can't be helped. If CHN wins 2 singles gold and 3 doubles gold, I would say they are equal in achievement, unless we want to split hairs and count the silvers and bronzes as well. :p:D:)

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Not all 3000 are professional players, it includes all those in professional badminton work, such as trainers, coaches, therapists, even qualified stringers, if I'm not wrong.

According to the author of that article, the number in China is not higher than in some neighbouring and Asian countries like Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia.

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Haha.. FHF, his posture when he hit the shuttle. The way he position his legs, arms and others. Let's say it's from the artistic point of view? Hard to describe it. Definitely not his footwork nor his techniques. I find ZN too can be awkward in his movement. And definitely KSS. I guess superb techniques != beauty. :D:p