Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    You, my friend, are gold. Thanks a lot

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sumanth99 and gelopisan like this.
  2. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Han Qianxi def. Zhou Meng 3-2.
    Good match, fast n furious.
    Zhejiang 1-1 Hunan Hualai.

3. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Top 50 Most Influential Athletes of China 2019-2020,
    Captain Zhu Ting (volleyball) tops the list.. not surprised the whole china love her.
    Chen YF, Huang YQ, Zheng SW, Shi YQ are on the list, they have forgotten to put LD name :)

Attached Files:

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Not bad, Sun Feixiang playing with a sense of urgency and intensity and outwitting his younger compatriot Li Shifeng. I supposed he knew he had to take his younger promising opponent seriously and earned himself a remarkable three straight-set victory. Well played, SFX.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In the Wang Zhiyi vs Tan Ning match available here https://weibo.com/yundongcd?is_all=1, despite the score of 3-1 in WZY's favour, it didn't look to be the outcome you would expect at first as Tan Ning roared to a masterful G1 win in style and threatened to do the same at the beginning of G2. Then all of a sudden the match changed complexion as, fortunately, WZY, to her credit gradually reasserted herself and began to pull away and never looked back to seal victory by taking the next three sets.

Wang Zhiyi deserves praise for showing resilience, a positive mindset, fighting spirit, and being a thinking player. OTOH, Tan Ning, age 17 , born 03/04/2003, is a raw talent; the young feisty player's salient characteristics at the moment being her big smash and, to a lesser extent, net play.

tbgoh288 likes this.
  6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Today is last match of group stage, four teams have secured semifinal spot, Qingdao-Ruichang-Hunan-Xiamen.

ZHEJIANG v QINGDAO
    WD - Lu Xuedong/Lin Xin v Li Wenmei/Chen Yufei
    MS - Huang Yuxiang v Lu Guangzu
    MD - Zhou Haodong/Wang Chang v Zheng Siwei/Wang Yilu
    WS - Han Qianxi v Zheng Shuya
    XD - Wang Sijie/Lu Rouhao v Zheng Siwei/Huang Dongping
    *A noteworthy MS encounter between these two supporting players who look impressive during this CBSL.

Justin L and gelopisan like this.
  7. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Did anyone watch ren xiangyu's mathes I am really impressed with his performances.

8. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Nope as I'm more into singles but I thought you may be referring to Feng Yanzhe,19 years old and 1.95m tall, of whom I read that he earned plaudits for his brilliant performance in men's and mixed doubles, beating Zheng Siwei/Liu Yuchen in MD and Wang Yilu/Huang Dongping in XD for which he was praised by his MD partner, Ren Xiangyu, and XD partner, Lin Fangling.

In both matches, he was credited for turning the match around, reversing the situation and causing quite a sensation in the process.

Anyway, I won't be surprised if Ren Xiangyu, 21 years old, 1.8m tall, impressed you as I remember his previous matches approvingly, he is good.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  10. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Of course I 'm looking forward. Have seen him in world junior championship last year. Does anyone know the player who gave a lot of troubles to he jiting in mixed doubles and paired with liu cheng in mens doubles

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Liu Cheng's MD partner is Huang Kaixiang, his regular partner in international events and this CBSL 2020.

He Jiting's regular XD partner is Du Yue but in the CBSL 2020 it's Wei Yaxin playing for Hunan Hualai. As for his regular MD partner , it's Han Chengkai who's also partnering him for the CBSL 2020.

However, for CBSL,bear in mind the partnerships are not fixed for every match/tie as they often shuffle them around, mixing and matching different partners for strategic reasons, such as for the element of surprise, to better deal with difficult opponents or tricky situations, etc.

#3051 Justin L, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  12. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    Speaking of MS, who were the standouts in the league. I read that Lu Guangzu and Huang Yuxiang did creditably. What about Lin Guipu, Sun Feixiang etc?

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Huang Yuxiang, yes, a big surprise even if you're not a fan of his, so much so I'm hoping he really turns out to be a late bloomer, a real possibility in my opinion, which I attribute to the Li Mao factor and HYX's keen learning attitude and intelligence.

Lin Guipu, hard to say, not enough to go by in assessing his performance as he played only two matches so far, losing 0-3 to Chen Long, which is not unexpected, and next beating Bai Yupeng 3-1. Nevertheless, you might like to know (or be reminded) that he happily won the CHN National Championships last year beating Tian Houwei in the final but without any of the elite national players participating.

Lu Guangzu , generally, OK, but I was expecting more as he's picked to be CHN's MS3 for the upcoming Thomas Cup - in today's match with Huang Yuxiang, he lost to his senior 1-3, the score being 10-12, 12-10, 6-11, and narrowly 14-15 in 4th set, which speaks well of the 27-year-old veteran who, once again, winning all his eight matches played at the conclusion of the double round-robin 14-round stage, proved he is not to be trifled with now.

Sun Feixiang's performance on the whole is a mixed bag so I won't say he's a standout player at the CBSL. That's my take.

For me,I'd pick, apart from Huang Yuxiang, the promising young 20-year-old Li Shifeng as the MS we should sit up and take notice of.

#3053 Justin L, Sep 11, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    Vivek Bagadhi, tbgoh288 and djake like this.
  14. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    Thank you Justin for the summary

Justin L likes this.
  15. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Huang YX name isn't included in back to back S750 tour entry list in Odense, so we can assuming CBA will not bring him for Thomas Cup squad (if CHN didn't pull out).

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

My pleasure.

17. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Not huang kaixiang. Another player was paired with liu cheng. I think a young player who has a powerful smash & very good defence abilities.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Do you know which match,on which day? Or is there a video of the match?

If you're referring to this match
    against He Jiting/Han Chengkai, it's Shang Yichen, age 20, born 2020 April 9th, in blue partnering Liu Cheng, playing for Xiamen.

#3058 Justin L, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The Huang Yuxiang - Lu Guangzu match starting from the 27: 40 min

Sumanth99 and tbgoh288 like this.
  20. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Can't find from the mens doubles match. He played really well in the mixed doubles match against he jiting and his partner.