Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Yes tenacity; never gives up that no doubt Han Yue has a lot. Admirable. Thats not enough I am afraid. She meets someone like ratchanok she will find great difficulty. Thats because she can't get early to the shuttle to delay her shots. She has no anticipatory ability. Her shots are very readable. Cai Yanyan is a similar player but worse. I am sorry Justin unless she can improve her footwork, power, deception and defensive ability she will be another Sun Yu. I would like her to prove me wrong. Alas I think not. Ratchanok was already a world champion around that age.

2. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I think it's quite harsh when you are comparing and expecting Han Yue with Intanon Ratchanok. RI is one of a kind player winning three consecutive WJC. She already achieved so much at a very young age which is rare in badminton.

However, I think Han Yue has age by her side and she has that will to improve , I'm sure. She beat SN at Syed Modi wts 300 which shows she has that ability and also shown her worth where China was 2-1 down. So, let's not be that harsh on that youngstar.

skhai91 and Justin L like this.
  3. antssantss

Retired
    Yes, better to be harsh now.Yes because of her win China pullled through yesterday. Improve is what i am saying as well. But the right kind. She needs those skills added to her great tenaciity, will to win and stamina Otherwise as we all saw Sun Yu is a good example.
    WS now is getting to be like MS, you need power and deception to win.

4. antssantss

Retired
    Btw i am not saying she can become a RI. I mean the style of play. Even Akane will expose her game.
    I am harsh even more than Justin because I want them to get better. Prove me wrong then.

5. antssantss

Retired
    Well done Kodai in winning the Orleans Masters. He is only 17 years . Japan has also Kenta Tsuneyama, Kenta Nishimoto and Minora Koga, who beat Loh Kean Yew in the Swedish Open. Thats not including K. Momota. It looks like China has a lot of catching up to do. Its an uphill battle.

6. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I think you meant Koki Watanabe.

7. antssantss

Retired

#2267 antssantss, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The trio Kento (25 years old)-Kenta (25)-Kanta (23) are Japan MS backbone for Thomas Cup 2020 while title-holder China still relies on Shi Yuqi (23) and his two seniors Chen Long-Lin Dan who will turn 31 & 37 years old respectively next year. China is trailed behind to groom their young talents at current state in men's singles discipline. Lu Guangzu couldn't overcome JPN #3 Tsuneyama in just concluded Tong Yun Kai 2019, let alone the underperformed Zhao Junpeng and Zhou Zeqi.

antssantss likes this.
  9. antssantss

Retired
    Waikato internationall ls shown live in youtube badminton channel for the whole tournament. Well done new zealand and thank you.

Justin L likes this.
  10. antssantss

Retired
    Well done Huang Yuxiang beating Brice Leverdez. BL is a good player and is also ranked higher. He is fast
    But will he be able to keep up his A game?

11. antssantss

Retired
    Watching Lu Guangzu play is embarrassing. His game is so bad. His lifts are short and he returns back to his opponent such that it gets put away easily to Lg's surprise. I suggest LG take one month off badminton to ponder his future. In the last 3 matches he has been easily punished by his opponents. He looks pedestrian in all his recent games.

12. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Seeing the situation, TH, sitting at home, would be telling himself he should have kept playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Tian and QiaoBin should have kept playing.
    What happened to QB anyway? quit just like that?

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Heard from the grapevine that Qiao Bin has switched career, quit professional badminton. Not sure about Tian Houwei (you should provide his full name instead of letting us guess who you're referring to).

15. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    25 years seem to be the upper limit age for retirement for Chinese players that could not achieve the heights of CL or LD.
    I think most players choose to retire and get on with their life, rather than stay on and being in the shadow of CL or LD.
    Most notably, top fivers like Tian Houwei, Wang Zhengming and Du Pengyu all retired around that age. Qiao Bin and Song Xue (although his career was blighted by injury) have never even cracked the top 10 so I guess their decisions to retire early is not totally unexpected.

16. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

Chineese coaches should consider about shuffling han chengkai/zhou houdong,he jinting/tan qing,ou xuanyi/ ren xiangyu to make new pairs

17. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

@Justin L do u have any news about what happened to tang ginhua??

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

None so far.

19. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

I think we haven't seen Tang Jinhua lately because her WD partner Yu Xiaohan gets injured in the eyes.
    IMG_20190329_230233_597.jpg

20. antssantss

Retired
    Three impressive wins by Chinas MS. First it was Huang Yuxiang beating Thailands Khosit Phetpradab, the 7th seed in the Yonex Sunrise Indian Open. Then at the Polish Open it was Li Shifeng beating Thomas Rouxel, the 4th seed and Sun Feixiang overcoming Lucas Corvee, the no 2 seed. Both TR and LC are fast and strong attacking players. But the two young China juniors managed to prevent the two seeds from using their strong attacking game.
    HY has certainly improved his game as KP is quite a good player, ranked 19th in the world.