Chinese Badminton

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Justin L, Aug 31, 2013.

1. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Zhang Weiyi beat Gu junfeng. ZW is one year younger. I have seen GJ play and I am surprised he lost. And what a tough match L. Liang had against the Japanese M. Nishino. Wonder what is MN's Dob? LL Was always behind in both sets but pulled it off in three . Li Yunze the other junior who was impressive in the European tour was beaten by Wu Kaian. Wonder whether jet lag featured.
    The first round winners will be facing the more established ones in the next Qualification round. Interesting indeed.
    Finally we have China's full junior MS list and there are 17 of them. Not including the top group that includes S.Feixiang Li Shifeng and Ren Pengbo, which is, I suppose the second national team together with Z. Junpeng and Z. Zeqi.

Justin L likes this.
  2. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

MN's biography

https://bwfbadminton.com/player/76991/masashi-nishino/tournament-results/

Must be a newly discovered player with potential to be sent overseas to play.

Not surprised that Zhang Weiyi beat Gu Junfeng. His first international outing was in WJC 2018, replacing Bai Yupeng in China's mixed junior team. A very fast and explosive player who gave Kodai a run for his money before losing in R16 of the individuals event. I saw that match and remember saying that he is a player worth monitoring. He will be playing in NZ together with GJ, GZ and another player.

#2182 tbgoh288, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Justin L and antssantss like this.
  3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'll include Chen Xiaoxin, the more so for beating Intanon Ratchanok in R1 of the AE. And if only Gao Fangjie can recover in time for the OG cycle or even start a few months late (still possible), she's in the race too among the CHN WS.

4. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

How bad is her injury? Is she back in training? Ren Pengbo's injury seems to be minor.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The last time I read, it was quite bad, probably she'll be out of action until end of year, earliest October, as reported but, if I'm not wrong,it wasn't based on the doctor's final prognosis or diagnosis. Therefore,I'm hoping otherwise and wishing to see her back six months later, quite a bit of catching up to do but not too bad if she has 'protected ranking' as per BWF regulation. Perhaps her injury is not that bad, just like Marin's, hopefully.

Thankfully, Ren Pengbo's injury is minor, I understand he's registered to play at the Orleans Masters from 19-24 Mar - his name is still among the qualifiers in the M & Q Report ver 3 updated list dated 26th Feb, not withdrawn. However, RPB's injury occurred on the 23rd Feb in the semifinals with VA at the Spain Masters, so it's hard to say if he might withdraw later, before the start of the Orleans Masters next Monday.

tbgoh288 likes this.
  6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I noticed Ye Binghong's name in the Lingsui Masters,I thought he's a CHN MS , now playing for USA ?

7. antssantss

Retired
    The China MS qualifiers who went to the first round of the Lingshui Masters were Gao Zhengzhe, Lei Lanxi, Chen Xujun, Wu Kaian and Zhang Weiyi. Liu Liang gave a walkover to Yu Jiahao seeded 1 . Poor LL must have been really spent. Hope he is ok. He did well to beat the 21 year old M. Nishino. Lets hope they will pass the first round
    today.

8. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

No , Yu Jiahao is promoted to the main draw. LL is playing Malaysia's Iskandar at 7.20 pm local time.

Can watch live streaming here. Only one court.
    Loh Kean yew is playing.

http://www.zhuafan.live/channeltypes/Badminton

#2188 tbgoh288, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Justin L likes this.
  9. antssantss

Retired
    Got confused by the BWF software which threw mw. Anyway glad there will be a match, and a tough one. I see Liu Haicho beat Lu Chia Hung who was ranked much higher than him. Well done.

10. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Lu is former WJ Champs and older.
    live stream here.
    http://www.zhuafan.live/channeltypes/Badminton

11. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Iskandar vs LL is now being Live streamed.

12. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

LL is going to lose this match. No more juice left.

13. antssantss

Retired
  14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For PC, try Firefox browser, works for me, but must disable adblocks, if any (just close those annoying popups now and then). For android smartphone, it usually works on Puffin Browser.

15. antssantss

Retired
    Got in via your instructions. But cant find the recorded match. Afraid its all in mandarin. Thanks for everything

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As far as I know, zhuafan.live usually screens livestreams,as for repeat or recorded videos, only those from the bigger, more prestigious tournaments or those of interest to Chinese viewers have replays, depending on viewer demands. I've yet to come across any replays from WTS100/300 or even 500 events.

17. antssantss

Retired
    Thank you Justin and tbgoh. Much appreciated.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

SPORTZONE CHROME EXTENSION in Google should work, it's doing fine for me, watching it now. I opened it as a tab insteaf of window, you can open more than one.

19. antssantss

Retired
    Lingshui Masters. So far so good for the juniors. Yu Jiahao eliminated Chen Shiau cheah another 19 year old who won a few junior tournaments in Europe last year. Liu Haicho eliminated Chong Wei Feng, ranked 44 in the world. Gao Zhengze beat Chi Yu Jen, a quite seasoned junior and has been competing since 2015. Then Lei Lanxi beat Firman Abdul Kholik ranked 51, an experienced Indonesian with a very strong attack. Lastly Weng Hongyang beat June Cheam, ranked much higher in the world. Even Liu Shimin aged 16 played well. Maybe their performance was due to playing on home ground but todays matches will see how the juniors fare. In particular Zhou Zeqi against Zhang Weiyi , a classic junior versus senior. A very important match to see how well the juniors really are shaping up. Today looks like its Taiwans juniors versus Chinas. There are 4 matches between the two with one experienced Korean against Lei Lanxi.
    All very exciting. Hope we can see them on Zhuafan.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Right, the CHN MS is doing better than I expected so far.

As for the CHN WS team, not that well but, to be fair, KOR sent a relatively strong team here, excluding Sung Ji Hyun, the rest include their national players, such as Kim Hyo Min, Kim Ga Eun, whereas among the CHN WS participating, only Zhang Yiman is part of the national B Team, the rest are mostly young juniors aside from Li Yun, age 22, another B-lister.