China Super Series 2007 - Day 6 (Nov 25) - Finals

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by LI De Quan, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misty100

Misty100 Regular Member

CHN is showing signs of what will happened in Bejing Olympic '08 by shaping up the linesmen. I bet they will sweep all the golds and silvers in Olympic.

2. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Agreed! I feel pity for Lee even I am supporting BCL today. It is a total disgrace for the China Open officials. Those line calls are not only insult to Lee but also an insult to BCL. As a supporter of BCL, I rather to see him lose, be the Mr. Runner up and played in a fair ground than having a given WO and bunch of fault line call.

I am truly disappointed this time! Shame on the line judge and the umpire! :mad:

3. ycchen

ycchen Regular Member

LCW better be careful when playing in Hong Kong Open. don't forget Hong Kong is part of China. :D hope Hong Kong will respect the badminton sports and won't use those "honourable" umpires that judge today's match. :D

4. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    He doesn't make the line, service and point calls.

5. clearng

clearng Regular Member

Sales marketing
    China Open

Good

Good Umpire, Good Lines man, Good organize

Every thing is too good......until something not good happening

6. nogat_bits

nogat_bits Regular Member

student
    bcl played well indeed ( congratulation ) but since 2nd bad call from the linesmen lcw lose his momentum, maybe ( and really if maybe ) he in form i would say it could be a great game. and it could come different result :)

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    also in the second game when bao is getting a bit exhausted, he gets an extra rest from all discussions..

What use is there to call the main referee anyway.. he seems to have no other function, than to talk to players/judges any way.. why couldn't he just watch the video and from the line-camera and corrext the invalid ruling, after such a vivid protest..

/twobeer

#1287 twobeer, Nov 25, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  8. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    yeah...he was very well prepared...remember he got a walkover from CH?...he played well...LCW made a lot of mistakes even missed a shuttle...yeah....but he was in control of the match b4 the disputed line calls...plus...it was really obviously out...credit to BCL for being aggresive..now I don't wanna talk bout this again....let's see what will happen in HK...

9. tofuness

tofuness Regular Member

there was only one bad call.. it was bao's crosscourt smash to the forehand side of LCW...

jz accept it... there'll always be bad calls in every single tournament...

10. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

BAO played like a devil possesed. LCW was too confident (yes you heard it from me). LCW got carried away with the bad calls.

I am not unhappy my prediction came to nought. No one could have beaten BAO today -- he was magnificent : alert and taking every advantage of every chance he had. To say LCW wasn't rattled by this confident play by BAO would not be fair.

BOW TO BAO -- King of CO. Good one BAO. LCW, better luck next time. It was not your day.

WMC, you are the CHAMP !:)

11. MaLaYsIa Boleh!

MaLaYsIa Boleh! Regular Member

i really think tat badminton need some equipment for a fair game!
    juz like tennis, human isn't god..
    they can lie,cheat becoz of money or eagerness..
    they will make mistake also for sure..
    so why dun use eagle eye's like tennis?
    this will make the game more interesting...
    maybe not every shot,but some controversial shots..

12. waile

waile Regular Member

medical doctor
    at the end of the day, few would really remember those bad calls in the distant future... even the RTM 1 commentator cant contain himself and mentioned abt the dubious line calls. but the only thing etched forever will be BCL's name on the winner circle. only BWF can do something abt this and that i highly doubt due to influence of china in the world of badminton. if u guys notice during the match, LCW started having doubts whether to retrieve certain shots of BCL coz they were near to the lines... and that affects his play... at the end of the day.... who to blame? u can only do so much....

13. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    DISGUSTING final..........."KRRRRRRRRRRR, PUIIIIIIIII..........":mad::mad::mad: i feel those koreans now.

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    too bad i wasn't sitting close to any of the lines to be able to tell if the calls are good or not. but certainly a bit too many and LCW was prepared for it and protested when appropriate.

to give BCL some credit, he did play very well today and as mentioned, could probably have beaten LCW without the help of the linesmen.

15. spchu

spchu Regular Member

China only alienate all other countries by doing this, now we'll support non China players no matter which country.

16. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    By the way, what was the conversation between the umpire and BWF official about?

17. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Also Bao is a friend of Chong Wei ... I would have walked off the court knowing that I have no chance to win under these biased condition, I think the audience would understand. Habing say that, thank god Chong Wei did not think like me, showing his true sportmanship and so proud of him.

18. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    XBall...I like your comment here.This is the comment that most rational to me.:)

19. amaze

amaze Regular Member

Lee Chong Wei Lost to 'Officials'

There's nothing for the Chinese fans to be proud of their player, Bao CL's win because they way the game was won was shameful.

Today CL seemed fired up to win, but nobody will accord him the praise because he was playing a start-stop-start-stop-start-stop opponent. Because the game was not played to its full capacity. At the end of the game, CW's mind was so pre-occupied with the linesmen and umpire that he had to watch every fall of the shuttle carefully and actually asked the umpire if he had faulted, if again, the second time.

Shame on the organizers!

Today the winner is LEE CHONG WEI for the great sportsmanship he displayed. Another player, for e.g. Lin Dan or Taufik, if they were faulted this way, would have already walked.

Can't imagine OG 08. Yikes !:eek::eek:

20. Sammy

Sammy Regular Member

Engineer
    Hahaha.....may be Silencer is the badminton fan from early 90s:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.