China Open Super Series Draw

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by badMania, Nov 6, 2007.

1. kungfukid

kungfukid Regular Member

I have no idea. Most probably for money.
    I would prefer that Chong Wei skip this tournament in case of aggravating his knee injury.
    But according to the organizers, it seems that he will be playing. confused... :s

2. YOYO2007

YOYO2007 Regular Member

student

This tournament's sponsor is China Mobile.I don't know something in detail.

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Maybe, that is invitational tournament as a warming up for upcoming CHN SS in Guangzhou?!

4. yuqiu

yuqiu Regular Member

We thought he wanted to play less to recover. Anyway more matches for us to watch. :D

Chong Wei puts on his thinking cap

Tuesday November 6, 2007

PETALING JAYA: Shuttler Lee Chong Wei has made it clear to his rivals that he is serious in wanting to strive for consistently good performance on the international arena by winning the French Open in commanding fashion in Paris on Sunday.

The world number two crushed China's Bao Chunlai 21-11, 21-14 to win his third title in the Super Series.

He did not drop a game en route to winning the title, though his matches were anything but easy.

A case in point was Chong Wei’s semi-final against Chen Jin of China. The Malaysian won 21-8, 21-8 but the scoreline didn’t reflect the energy-sapping duel – Chen Jin had to be treated for cramps after the match.
    It was remarkable for Chong Wei to chalk up the Paris success, considering that he was suffering from an injured knee.

He had fallen during training prior to the Danish Open in the preceding week and aggravated the injury in the semi-final loss to Chunlai in Odense.
    For Chong Wei, who turned 25 on Oct 21, the French Open success was a belated birthday gift.

“My knee problem affected my physical condition. But I won this week on skill and tactical play. I was quicker in attacks and I was able to read my opponents' game well,” said Chong Wei in a telephone interview from Paris before leaving for home yesterday.

“Personally, this was one of my best weeks this year. I applied different strategies and it worked well for me. I have to thank the NSC (National Sports Council) medical team for their help, too. I had contemplated withdrawing from the French Open but I was well taken care of.”

Chong Wei, however, may opt to compete in only one of the last two rounds of the Super Series in China (Nov 20-25) and Hong Kong (Nov 27-Dec 2).
    “I still need time to recover. It may be wise for me to play in one tournament. I will discuss this with my coach,” he said.

Coach Misbun Sidek said that Chong Wei had taken his game to a different level.

“Despite his condition, he believes in his ability. This time he showed that he was a thinking player. I was impressed with the way he won his matches. Their opponents did not know how to react to his different style of play,” said Misbun.
    “He got his revenge over two Indonesian players (Sony Dwi Kuncoro at the Danish Open and Simon Santoso at the French Open). And in a space of a week, he avenged his defeat to Chunlai. Barring any injuries, Malaysia can look forward to more good showing from him.”

Courtesy of The Star

5. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Chong Wei should do the wise thing that's not to promise too much hence putting unnecessary pressure to himself. Men's singles is the most fiercely contested event among all and on any given day, any top 15 players are capable to toppling one another. I am just happy if Chong Wei can be consistent and advance to semi final on all tournaments then go from there. Putting such a high hope to fan and imagine fail in early round on coming Super Series is really asking for trouble.

6. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    i 'm glad mk/hs is not in the same half draw with TBH/KKK.. i hope they will meet in the final.. but the way to final is tough..they must beat cai/fu

7. indra

indra Regular Member

For MK/Hendra...Cai/Fu are easier than KK/TBH

8. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    i love tat word man!! haha

9. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    but so far this year MK/HS never beat Cai/Fu in any tournament...
    they are the third rank pair behind FHF/CY and KKK/TBH....

10. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    becos they met cai/fu rarely this year... they're often not in the same half draw or both of them had lost already :D :D

11. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

The host of the invitational event is actually Foshan, not Guangzhou, although the two cities are only 30+km apart. The Foshan district was the hometown of Wong Fei Hong, Bruce Lee and renowned reformist (in late Qing Dynasty) Kang Youwei. Quite a charming little city.

12. danielwong

Salesman

but they lost easily to them in China Masters Final...
    apparently i supported them....

13. danielwong

Salesman
    Foshan China??? :D:D:D
    so our Wong Choon Hann can display , Wong Fei Hong
    " Foshan no shadow kick" and Lee Chong Wei can use
    Bruce Lee "Jit Kuen Do" sure win!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

14. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    i thought bruce lee was borned in San Francisco and raised in hong kong.

15. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    It's all about timing! Regardless how good individual/pair is, when Olympic comes, the player that plays the best will win, not necessary the best player!

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Lee Chong Wei is now beginning to feel good about himself - he has mastered his flaws.

If you guys have observed his matches lately, you would have seen a new confidence; less mistakes with his smashes (mostly 'in'); his defence has improved with better cross court returns; pushing deep backline shots that forced opponents to retrieve hurriedly often badly, and his net shots which often allowed him to tap home winners.

We can draw from this that he is now almost invincible -- only LD is a danger to LCW. So far, they have avoided playing each other in the last few tournaments. I am dying to see both in the finals of the China Open. It would show me how far LCW has come in terms of matching LD. Personally, I think LD will find it hard to beat LCW today.

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Patience, Xball, patience. LCW is still recovering from his knee injury. You might have to wait a while longer if he doesnt go for China Open.
    Remember he was grimacing throughout his match with Bao in France, esp after doing a jumping smash?

18. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    As for KKK/TBH, MK/Hendra and probably even Cai/Fu are easier than CTF/LWW. With the oldies around, I am not even sure that KKK/TBH can pass through the q-finals. Unless the aged Malaysians energy levels drop significantly in the 2nd half of 3rd game, like Macao GP and S'pore Super Series finals.

19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Think he is receiving positive treatment in terms of cutting down inflammation.

20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star today quoted LCW saying that next week he'll decide which tourney to go to , depending on his knee condition.