China Open on Supersports

Discussion in 'Hong Kong / Chinese Taipei / China Open 2003' started by Bbn, Dec 16, 2003.

1. viver

viver Regular Member

Re: -

Bbn,

How about trying your contacts in China? I believe there should be a rich archive in their state TV(?) about famous TT and badminton legends. I watched in the past a few movies (propaganda??) about Chong Tjat Tong (famous TT player), Tong XinFu and Hou JiaChang. I also remember watching on TV, a Chinese national games mens singles final match (60's). Too bad at that time I did not have a VCR to record the match.

Badminton games during the 70's (when China was still not an IBF member) were shown in HK. Players like Tang XinFu, Hou Jia Chang, Yu IuTong, Liem Swie King, Christian Hadinata, Ade Chandra played in those tournaments.

2. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    The X file

So the video footage for those oldies are available, is just a matter of where to find them. Is like the "X" file, the truth is out there :)
    May be Cheung in Kong Hong have some of thes oldies?
    Han

3. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

-

The films and videos are still in the stores of BA of E, Filem Negara Malaysia

They are just ignored as there is no interest.

Viver is right , China has plenty of footage spread all over China, unfortunately

China is so big, it would be impossible to find people. Most of them are not

internet savvy as they are older.

I think China is the only hope as the government is willing to spend.

That's why I hope I can find an instituition in China
    to safe-keep my archives.

4. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

-

To Han,

In case you become another Bill Gates and can dole out millions

to revive old footage which few want to see, they are available from :

1) RTM- Hundreds of reels rotting away, some kept in National Archives. No sponsor.

2) BA of E, videos of 70s, films, probably damaged beyond repair.No copyrights.

3) ITN and Reuters. Not fr sale to Public

Pathe released the footage of Dave Freeman in 1949 AE after 50 years.

Probably some of the above people might release them 30 years from now

when nobody values or remember them.So don't say I never told u.

5. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Lack of fan interest

HI Bbn:
    I don't think I will go to that extend to revive the oldies even if financially capable, rather I prefer to revive the Grand Prix Final at the end of each year and pay handsome reward to invited players in US. US may not be the hollyground for badminton but is certainly the key if badminton is to survive and prosper.
    The problem of the oldies being extinct mainly due to the lack of interest, I wish someone can donote those video footage so we can digitize hence preserve the images. It's the long and winding road ...
    Take care Bbn