China Open Draw is out

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open / China Open / Chinese Taipei Open ' started by ants, Nov 5, 2005.

1. event

event Regular Member

Can anyone tell me if there is an actual draw sheet on the tournament website? I hate those IBF lists that only clarify the first-round matchups.

2. sno0py^girl

sno0py^girl Regular Member

When taufik lost in every tournament, in indonesian newspaper ALWAYS said that he got injured so he cannot playing well. is he a really good player that cannot be lost by everybody?it doesn't make sense rite?No body can always be the winner even Lin Dan the no.1 in badminton.When taufik lost, I don't want to read the article about it anymore..cause all of them not supportive...I Hate!!!!!

#22 sno0py^girl, Nov 7, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yah, blister is the English term for "melepuh". However, i don't know the severity of it, which someone mentioned Taufik has to go back to Jakarta. Is it really that bad??..If it was a more 'serious' injury, then he has to go back to Jakarta.
    But it could be a similar injury which he suffered during 2004 S'pore Open.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=304472#post304472

I can understand what Mr. Pongoh is trying to express, that he is disappointed with how the players played and finished. Not necessarily they have to win their respected field. With only 1 pair(WD) able to reach the Semis. I myself wasn't surprised by how they finished, considering it's nearing the end of the year and the tournament was nearing the end of the Muslim Ramadan period and Eid Al Fitri(Idul Fitri).

So, kemana, stay tuned to the latest news and hope he makes it and you can go watch-:).

#23 ctjcad, Nov 7, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I don't think the media is being unsupportive. It sounds more like they are making an excuse for Taufik for his loss, saving face for their golden boy, if you will.

5. kemana

kemana Regular Member

thank you ! hope he can make it:) we shall know this today
    and if he won't come , i hope he will come to the world cup this year.
    i think it's more important because this is the first tournament that they will use the 21 points system, and it's getting near to AE 2006, he should attend and see how it feels to play under the 21 points system:rolleyes: anyway AE is more important to him :)

6. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    But the IBF list is in proper sequence, ie. the top seed is right at the top and the second seed right at the bottom, the winner of the top two in the list will meet the winner of the next two in 2nd round etc. Or do you want a draw with all the lines drawn?

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Concur..

Yah, concur with this. I just posted my thought on this issue in another thread...http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=305736#post305736
    Even if he doesn't go all out, like usual(shoulder shrugs) and lose in the 1st round, at least he can have a "feel" of how the new scoring system works. Cos I don't want to hear any excuse(s) from him and team officials or PBSI about him losing next year's AE because he's not "familiar" with the new scoring system etc... :p :rolleyes:

8. MeL'z

MeL'z Regular Member

yeah, i agree with you
    as we know that Taufik is a golden boy for Indonesia

9. event

event Regular Member

Yes, exactly. I wanted the lines drawn because counting out the groups of 16 in a list of 64 in a 10-point font is not part of my repertoire. However, I just realized that the Excel sheet you can download from IBF will put the names on the draw tree with the lines if you open it with security set to "Normal" and then specify that macros may be loaded with the file. Problem solved.

10. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    The trick I use is to use the seeds as the separators. For instance, in the MS 64-draw (with 16 seeds), a group of 16 will have 4 seeds (and each seed is accompanied by 3 unseeded players - or may have bye)