CHINA Masters SS 2012 (11th-16th September) - Comment on Matches

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Masters 2012' started by CLELY, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Whoa, one OSIM massage chair each for the doubles winner ? Before, I thought only one to be shared between the two ?

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The all-CHN XD final turns out to be a hard-fought match though I am basically not too excited about doubles than singles. Guess not much interest shown here in this forum.

Now for the MD final. I don't expect a clean sweep for CHN. The more experienced and established JPN pair is the clear favourite to take the title, I think so too.

#222 Justin L, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    this called elite events?biggest joke of the year:D

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u are wrong.
    chai/zhang will beat the japanese pair like how some chinese CENSORED toyota/honda car/japan restaurant/hypermarket/consulate;)

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I hope, and it seems to be happening, that LXR and WYH's intense rivalry could mirror Lin Dan - Lee CW's. But I do want to see one difference, that they share most of the honours and glories, not one-sided like in the men's case where Lin Dan practically wins all the major titles.

So far it seems LXR is playing Lin Dan's role while WYH, LCW's, but it's still early days yet to be certain who's going to be whose equivalent notwithstanding the fact that LXR won their last four encounters.

Wang YH 's present mature,steady character and never-say-die attitude is amazing whilst LXR's fast and furious,sharp attacking play is a delight to watch. Actually, I believe there is little separating the two in terms of skill. Let's see how it goes from now onwards.

6. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    World #1 in MS & MD during Denmark open 2010 not from China, but from Malaysia. And they were absent bcoz of Asian Games, held 2 - 3 weeks after Den SS 2010 :p

#226 Fortune, Sep 16, 2012
  7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well, the result turns out you're right but not for the reason you give. I'm very reluctant to mix that sovereignty issue which is political and highly charged with sports which is meant to bring nations together. Objectively, from the purely badminton point of view, I thought the JPN pair stronger. In the end, the CHN pair proves me wrong, that's all.:)

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Perhaps there are so few CHN (Chinese) fans in this forum mainly due to language problem. But I do hope and sincerely wish everyone not to let that drawback or impediment dissuade you from joining or posting. As long as you can make yourself understood in whatever way you can, it is your views that really count not your command of English.

Understandably, sometimes we may unintentionally or carelessly use the wrong word or phrase and cause some avoidable misunderstanding or even uncalled-for conflicts for which I appeal to the more articulate ones to be less critical and be more indulgent towards them. More mutual understanding, generosity of spirit, patient tolerance will ultimately benefit everybody even as we often disagree and dispute issues as long as we stick to attacking only the arguments and not the personalities.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Coming back to the OSIM massage chairs, anybody knows whether the winners, i.e. the players themselves, get to keep them? It's an expensive,luxurious item costing five thousand odd Singapore dollars, you know, if I'm not wrong.

10. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    If you already know, then why you set the # of post as the standard to claim that this is the worst SS ? Have a problem with China players or CBA ?
    Most of L D fans also CBA fans. They can prevent CM'12 as the tournament with fewest # of post in BC. And it only 1 post per user
    Read again my post. Non - China fans are boring with China domination. when China players was absent, they are happy with this condition, no matter how worst the competition. The most important thing, their idol win the title. that's why they still have more joy to posts as many as they can. In Denmark, Taufik is in. In India, LCW is in.
    You are the badminton fans who are happy if China has some bad things. No matter how worst India SS, but for you, China is the worst. You can make your own criteria, but you can't deny the fact that most of top 3 players in the world won't played in India :p
    This is not called elite events ? No matter what, this is still Super Series tournament. The same status with malaysia ss and japan ss. Biggest joke of the year :p

11. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Since when the lost of OG champion as the prove to claim this is the worst SS ? What is the relation ? So if in China SSP 2012 Cai / Fu lost to someone from the country that only held Future Series tournament, so it is called China SSP even worst than Future Series tournament ? What a joke :p

12. sen

sen Regular Member

You make it sound like all people in the world is divided into just 2 categories, die-hard China fans or anti-China fans.

Some are in between. I like some of Chinese players, more so in the past. Recently getting more dislike because many of them are so afraid of team order and hardly anyone becoming a professional player and successful.

I always wrote that in order to reduce the controversy, the only thing is to push for more players to be professional, earning more from winning tournament than from getting state funds.

Sponsors, spectators and badminton fans around the world care more about players giving their 100% rather than just turning up.

I also don't agree that badminton players need to be forced to turn up playing in "so called" elite tournaments.

13. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    @ Rosid : if you can make your own criteria, I also can make the other criteria. Since Russia can win OG bronze, while Indonesia can't, so Indonesia doesn't deserve the SSP status, even 1 level lower than Russia GP hahaha :p

14. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

another clean sweep for China.. Bravo.. those winners were not LOG's champion.. China again, prove themselves as badminton powerhouse!

15. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

I meant champion in their own respective category.. ZN/CB did exceptionally well as a pair considering that they havent been together for such a long time, to beat the no.1 seed and the more experience pair...

16. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    It is difficult to win back to back title, even for LCW. It's better to concentrate in one event only. And from this 2 events, bigger chance to win in Japan than in China, so most of top players choose Japan. That's the reason

#236 Fortune, Sep 16, 2012
  17. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    congratulation to Wang Yihan ​!!!

18. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, once again none title for other participant. All top-seed out as champion here - with Chen Long and Xu/Ma defend their last year winning - except MD who grabbed by the unseeded pair Chai/Zhang.

19. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Lack of 'individuality' in China vs China (in particular) matches make it boring. In the eyes of both the general viewer and China BA the match is just a 'coin toss' between two 'soldiers' of a country.

Onus is on BWF and not China BA to fix BWF's product and market matches more effectively for all parties benefit: the players. the viewers. and the sponsors

20. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Yes, the BWF must do something if the DPY walkover in favor of CL in the SF match of the Li Ning China Masters 2012 was fixed and not due to an injury.
    The BWF did the right thing at the London Olympics 2012 where it disqualified the 'match-fixers' and it must continue to clamp down on 'cheats'. Badminton fans want fair play and deserve better.

:confused::confused::confused: