CHINA Masters SS 2012 (11th-16th September) - Comment on Matches

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Masters 2012' started by CLELY, Sep 10, 2012.

1. vpsingh

vpsingh Regular Member

The IT Guy
    Finally Indian campaign is over but at happy note. They didn't reach any finals but at least we can be sure that Indian badminton is going the right way and with right young people.
    Go Sindhu! Go Ajay! Go Guru! Go Sourabh!

2. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Well you know, anything for title they do this sick trick. I thought after OG they learn something....

3. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

They should do better than this :p

4. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

they will sweep all the title tomorrow anyway...

5. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

What a waste in the first game by Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying. They paid dearly for their mistake. Who loses after being 18-13 up? :(

6. flite

flite Regular Member

It is in their blood. It runs through their veins.

7. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    Looks like it's gonna be a clean Chinese sweep again in all 5 categories.

8. flite

flite Regular Member

Looks like the "clean" Chinese sweep is not that clean anyway.

9. kenjai7373

kenjai7373 Regular Member

chen jin gave a walkover for hu yun but nobody complained about that. even if hu yun wins, means nothing really since hes a hubei china import.

10. flite

flite Regular Member

When and where are you referring to? Or you have first hand news that tomorrows MS match is fixed yet again?

You are right. Even if Hu Yun wins, it doesn't matter and is beside the point for the damage (walkover) was already done at the SF stage. The final is meaningless except to fans alike.

Your take on be it-how's-result-is achieved as long as the winner is a Chinese player further contributed to the damage of the sport.

11. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Du Pengyu gave a walkover to Chen Long in their semi-final match and this will obviously strengthen CL’s chances of winning the Li Ning China Masters 2012 MS title.
    Is this another case of match fixing?
    Hopefully not, otherwise don’t call the tournament a SS open; just restrict the players from China to compete.
    I feel sorry for the spectators who, no doubt, did not get full value for their tickets.

#211 skchen, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Somehow, badminton tournaments are not so exciting anymore when CHN players are involved.

13. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    Maybe DP really is injured....I know, I doubt it it too :D

But it's a shame because DP is another formidable player from CHN, but its like he'll always be a 'Sergeant' with less chance to be at least a Lieutenant.

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    long list.
    hafiz and lindan in the list.
    does this made u feel better?

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    let see if china manage to made a not so clean sweep.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The young pairing of WD Bao/Zhong is rising steadily, we should begin to see them more often on the winner's podium.'

Chen Long's good form continued as he successfully defended his title. But I think he has to sharpen his attacking skill and increases his speed a little bit more if he is to seriously threaten LCW again. Overall, a well played match by both the contestants. Hu Yun deserves special commendation for showing what an experienced,mature and steady player he has become recently despite his age; another late bloomer, I might say.

Btw, all those hoo-ha about Du PY's injury withdrawal is, to me, much ado about nothing. When an injury isn't too serious as to warrant immediate medical attention, rest and/or treatment, the player should have the right to decide for safety reasons whether to continue playing or withdraw.

In Du PY's case, I read that he complained of back shoulder discomfort after his Friday night's match with Wang ZM. The next morning the doctor was called to check on him and after considering not to aggravate his condition, Du PY decided not to risk playing and personally went to the tournament hall in the afternoon to hand in his withdrawal application. Simple as that, going by what was reported in the article http://sports.qq.com/a/20120915/000582.htm

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The WS Final is a high-quality and entertaining match to watch. I suppose Wang Yihan is the only top CHN WS player whom Jiang YJ can trouble the most going by their previous record but not this time.

Congratulations to Wang Yihan for winning the first SS title post-OG. Good that she didn't let her Olympic "letdown in not achieving gold" affect her adversely - I remember she was shedding tears on the Olympic podium victory ceremony. What a tough character that many should emulate from, not forgetting her well-known fightbacks against near disastrous setbacks.

18. echo17

echo17 Regular Member

I think yihan can outplay herself after losing in the olympics final. In this final she played her match quite comfortable, no more very stressful look on her face.. She do have a great potential to b the next ZN- winning gold medal at "old age" of 28

19. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Only 0.001 % or even less China fans joined BC. Maybe bcoz of language problem. Do you want to prove ?
    Nearly 5 million internet users praise for 1 player only, Lin Dan. And how much BC member congratulates L D after win the Olympics ? If we have 2% of that number, it is very - very good, bcoz it is more than the total posts of the 2012 tournaments. Read once again, only need 2% of it
    Non - China fans really boring of China's domination. For some of them, no China no problem, and even good, bcoz their idol has a chance to win title, despite the level of competition was really terible :p. No wonder the # of posts in india & denmark still high
    What would you expect from non China fans ? Just look at the last 3 editions of China Masters, only 1 non China player / pair that can win the title. And since the only one was absent (JJS / LYD), it will be a total domination again. 3 titles already in hand even before the final match started. :p. < 300 posts ? Not a surprise :p
    Sponsor cares. Spectator cares. Badminton fans around the world cares. Can you tell me, what kind of competition if one event has no OG and World Champion plus many world #1, 2 & 3 were absent also ?
    No problem. 2 elite events in one country is not the good idea, especially China Masters, as this is the first tournament after the very big event (OG /WC). OG / World Champion are very busy with their promotional activities, especially OG champion.

#219 Fortune, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Let's face it, without all the top China players the badminton world will never be the same again, for much the worse. Honestly, how many of us will be that keen and excited to watch the rest of the world players/teams fighting it out to determine who is/are the best?

I would only make an exception for Lee CW, whom I will continue to watch even without Lin Dan; even so it's still not quite the same, maybe far from it, for you would expect to see him crush all opposition. Akin to settling for second-best.

What's worse is without China, the bar is immediately lowered causing badminton to become a second-rate sport if not fade away or die a natural death.

Perhaps the only grouse we may justifiably have at present is that China is too dominant. But I think the gap between her and ROW is narrowing, the more so going forward, I somehow believe so. Her unprecedented clean sweep of Olympic golds is very unlikely to be repeated for perhaps the next two editions or so. Likewise for the last world championship clean sweep which though it's an annual event is going to be a hard act to follow even for themselves for a number of years to come.

I see Korea, Japan, Thailand, India, Denmark, rising to challenge China in varying degrees.