China Masters 2006 Quarter Final

Discussion in 'China Masters 2006' started by badMania, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    Oh yeah, go Chen Jin.:D

2. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    'Du Jing/Yu Yang bt Saralee/Sathinee 21-14, 23-21' Yeah, just as I thought:rolleyes: . hehe:D

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Michael Logosz/Robert Mateusiak bt Guo Zhendong/Xie Zhongbo 21-18, 20-22, 21-14
    Wei Yili/Zhang Yawen bt Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen (walkover)

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    zhang ning ousted

after her marriage, her pace and agressiveness dropped.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Teenage ousts Olympic champion Zhang Ning at China Masters Badminton

"Grand slam" winner Zhang Ning of China was ousted by her teenage compatriot Wang Lin at the quarterfinals of women's singles at the 2006 China Masters Badminton Championships on Friday.

The 17-year-old Wang, unknown to most spectators and even the media, produced the biggest surprise of the tournament by now with a fabulous overturn.

"I am so happy to win. This is my first time to play against her, the elder sister of our team," said Wang, shining with joy on her sweating face.

"I have no pressure. All the pressure is on her side, and also, the new 21-scoring system which is still something new to most of us," said Zhang, referring to her secret of winning.

The 30-year-old Zhang lost her rhythm after winning the first set 21-18, being leveled by her opponent 21-17. Trailing all the way during the final set, the current world number one missed the best chance to catch up when there were two consecutive controversial lineman judgments favoring her.

"Well, the two judgments did not affect me, as it is normal in international matches," said Wang, starting her professional career only after 2000.

With two heavy smashes, Wang, who kicked out seventh seed Yao Jie from the Netherlands Thursday, marched into the semifinals 21-19, exceeding her own expectation.

"My best results internationally were in the last eight," said Wang, "I entered the quarterfinal in the first China Masters last year."

However, there is little disappointment in the veteran's face. "I didn't play the best of me today," said Zhang. "It was in her control, and I was a bit passive on the court.

"Anyway, it's good that the youngsters grow up and I can finally rest."

"I know I have to be patient, especially when I play such experienced opponents." said Wang, making the sweet overturn mainly with tough defense.

Although she was called into the national teem just in 2004, baby-faced Wang was brought up in a badminton family with both her parents coaching the provincial team of Zhejiang, east China, where former double world champion Ye Zhaoying was from.

"My father is a coach, so I play badminton when I was still a child," said Wang, "but before 2000, I was an amateur."

Toppling Zhang and being regarded as a future star of the Chinese shining women's team, the teenager has locked her sight on the her first international title.

"Champion is a target for every of Chinese players here," she said