china [lindan] will play in indonesia open 2006

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open 2006 / Philippine Open 2006' started by taufik-ist, May 9, 2006.

1. sugar_free

sugar_free Regular Member

University Student (Dentistry)
    I think the reason why they send BCL instead of LD in this tournament is to raised BCL's world ranking... He's down to #6 after his injury in German Open and All England, and he wasn't able to compete in China Masters... If he's not competing in Indo Open, his position in the world rankings will be dropped again... At least by reaching QF or SF in a 6* tournament, a player could gain more points than 4* or 5* tournaments:D ... Maybe by sending BCL (and maybe Chen Jin too) China are able to send 4 MS players to World Championship in Madrid... LD is already world #1, Bao #6, Chen Hong #7, Chen Jin #8... However, Li Yongbo is a really ambitious man, he would be very happy to send 4 MS to WC 2006:cool: ...

2. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    sony, taufik and simon must get into top ten :D

3. Darth Andrianus

Darth Andrianus Regular Member

Student
    I don't know what you guys think, I have this strange feeling the chinese team doesn't really like coming to Indonesia depite the IO being a 6* tournament. They never go all out...or maybe I am just imaging things. But I agree, this is a good chance for Sony, Simon and others like Tommy Sugiarto and Pia Zebadiah to shine. Of course, for Pia, there is Wang Lin to deal with...

4. sugar_free

Good news from Indo open, the comitee said that Candra and Tony are definitely gonna join the tournament... The only things that isn't definite is their country... It could be all USA or mixed between USA-Indonesia (why not Indonesia-Indonesia?)... The list will be given by IBF tomorrow and draw will be on 16th...

5. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

If LD and CJ didnot enter this tourney, BCL had the best chance ever to win a title since Denmark 2001.

BCL always lost to his teammates in SF or F in the past year tournament. The biggest hurdles will be the stong LCW.

It will be a very good final if BCL can meet LCW in final.

6. indra

indra Regular Member

The ideal final of IO 2006 is Chen Jin vs Simon:)

And the winner is SImon:D . The peak for BCL and LCW has passed....
    It is time for SImon to go up.....

I guess without TH and LD participating in this year IO, the prestige has declined and it's just like a 4* tourney....If BCL, LCW or LHI fail to qualify to the final, I guess, it is too much

7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Absolutely,LYB never wants 'the nightmare in '90's' repeatedly again (the period that CHN's MS squad was very lacking of achievements--they didn't 'talk' too much in AE-WorldChamp-OG even annual GP-series).Remember, CHN needs 14 years to bring-back the 'TC' to Beijing so no wonder LYB to send many many young shuttlers in a tourney because he wants to keep regeneration in bdm to be continuing.

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

What makes you say that, esp with LCW? What's your evidence?

9. indra

indra Regular Member

BCL and LCW are good players but they lack a mentality of a champion:D .

They often lost in major and important tournaments in which top players participate:D. I guess as long as LD and TH are still playing, I guess, it is hard for them to rise. Worse, BCL's era is almost over... he has been playing for a long time...but never won major tournaments.

10. Darth Andrianus

Student
    It is true that Bao hasn't won any major tournaments for quite a while, but it is still a little harsh to say that his time is over. There is a reason why he is ranked no. 6 in the world (with a tournament to go) and LCW is world no. 2, this is because not only are they good, they are consistently good, even more consistent than TH!

11. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

Yes, I agree with you. I am sure BCL can go further.
    For LCW, I think this is just the start and he is truly a potential player.

12. sugar_free

I think Bao is one of the most consistent player in the world... He always manage to reach SF and Final (before his injury this year), but he always failed to be the champion... Based on his performance in TC, i'm pretty sure he's better mentally now... LCW? He's #2 in the world, and he will be the world #1 if he become IO champion if i'm not mistaken... He's really a good player...

13. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

Understand that the qualifying criteria for WC is based on the ranking as at 25-May-2006

14. indra

indra Regular Member

No I think BAO's era will come to an end soon!!! He is always good at Group Competition, not individual....

LCW...he might come out as a winner at this year IO...but it does not indicate his true quality....LD, TH, CH, PG are not in...

I guess...grand prix series such as INA, Mal, SIng, etc Open are only training sessions for world players...the real test for all world individual players are WC and Olympics....

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Taufik will most likely play...100% or not..

Unless the news is not accurate, according to a recent news (see post #10 in this link http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33087), Taufik will come and play in IO. Since it mentioned Mulyo Handoyo will resign after the Indonesian Open, it means that, if for no other reason, most likely Taufik will participate and play. Mulyo also said that "Taufik has recovered from his injury"....how fully recovered, who knows.. :p :rolleyes:

#35 ctjcad, May 17, 2006
    Last edited: May 17, 2006
  16. sugar_free

Check this out... I found it in www.bolanews.com

“Koh Mulyo sudah bilang ke saya dia akan mundur. Kariernya sebagai pelatih bisa lebih panjang dari karier saya. Sebagai pemain, waktu saya tinggal sebentar lagi. Saya sudah dapat puncaknya, sekarang saya tinggal mempertahankan. Pokoknya tenang saja deh, saya masih berlatih di Cipayung, masih ikut Indonesia Terbuka. Saya juga tahu akan melakukan apa. Lagipula tidak selamanya saya di bulutangkis,” papar suami Amy Gumelar itu tenang.

I don't know if the news is right, but just imagine Taufik in Indonesia Open... This will be a better competition for sure...

17. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    taufik is 'ikhlas' to let mulyo go :D

tong shi fu shoud be his next coach

18. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

According to JawaPos website, it's still uncertainty about LD's attendance to compete in IO-06. The secretary of IO-organizer said the chance is 70% that LD will play or not depends on his last condition after TC, meanwhile his team-mates BCL is not substitute player to replace him (at the former news) but BCL is lately to register.So far, the participants in IO-06 are totally 386 shuttlers from 25 countries.Almost top-players will crowding Surabaya including defending champ' Korea's LHI and HK's Wang Chen ; Denmark's KJ - PG (still waiting confirmation) and Malaysia's LCW. INA as host country will show their best with full-team (senior + junior) lead by Olympic and World Champion 'the unlimited' TH. Anyway,it's very exciting to wait if LD absent in this 6* tourney and LCW win IO-06 then we see the 'new world #1' in MS (LCW will dump LD to 2nd rank) so very risky for LD if he cancel his trip in IO-06 referring his effort to retain his top-notch world rank.

19. verinee@yey

verinee@yey Regular Member

stdnt
    tong shi fu shoud be his next coach.IS it true??

20. Darth Andrianus

Student
    Come on, folks, it is meaningless to talk about 'true quality'. We all know the world rankings don't exactly mean what they mean. They just mean certain excellent players attend more tournaments than other excellent players. If TH plays more tournaments fully fit, he would probably be in the top 3. Same for BCL as well. Although personally I would prefer one Olympic Gold than one hundred Grand Prix victories, the Grand Prix events still mean something and I think it is a little harsh to just call them 'training sessions'. They are still opportunities for players to go out there and do something for their countries.