China Badminton Super League 2015/2016

Discussion in '2016 Tournaments' started by pcll99, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2016-01-30/doc-ifxnzanh0400129.shtml

In the other semifinal played today , 30th Jan 2016, Qingdao Capital Airline edged out Zhejiang Jinti 3:2 to earn themselves a place in the final tomorrow for a shot at the RMB 4 million prize money.

Qingdao fielded a star-studded cast comprising Lin Dan, Li Xuerui and the Luo twins.

However, in the opening XD match, Qingdao's Lu Kai/Ma Jin fell to the Zhejiang pair of Zheng Siwei/Huang Yaqiong in 54 minutes going the full distance, 21-11,9-21,and 21-17, to give Zhejiang a 1:0 lead.

Next, Li Xuerui evened up for Qingdao, 1-all. In her match with Zhejiang's Chen Yufei, LXR was able to suppress her young opponent by dictating most of the rallies and emerging victorious in 40 minutes with a straight two-set win, 21-18,21-13.

In the 3rd match, MD, Qingdao's Liu Xiaolong/Qiu Zihan was in terrible form losing badly in only 28 minutes play to Zhejiang's Zheng Siwei/Wang Sijie in two sets, 6-21 and 17-21. This gave Zhejiang a 2:1 lead.

The came Lin Dan's turn to save the day for Qingdao. In the opening game, Lin Dan led from the get-go for a 21-16 win against Zhejiang's Guo Kai. In G2, Guo Kai was more proactive and quickly forged ahead and refused to let go his grip on Lin Dan to force the decider. In G3, Guo Kai was the first to bring up matchpoints, 20-17, but Lin Dan managed to save all three of them to force deuce, 20-all. After that, Guo Kai wasted four matchpoint opportunities, each time allowing Lin Dan to even up to 24-all. Then came the intriguing moments where Lin Dan counting on his immense experience had the last laugh,trailing 25-26 he seized the next three points on the trot for a 27-25 victory. Thus the tie became 2:2 thanks to Lin Dan's amazing fightback, keeping Qingdao's hopes alive.

Finally, in the tiebreaker, it was the turn of WR No.1 WD Luo Ying/Luo Yu to take up the mantle to deliver and they did not disappoint becoming the heroines for Qingdao - they needed only 33 minutes to sweep aside Huang Yaqiong/Ling Zijiao, 21-8 and 21-11, to propel Qingdao to the final which will be decided tomorrow, 31st Jan 2016.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

On paper I think Qingdao is now the favourite for the championship, I doubt Hunan can withstand another onslaught after their sensational upset of Xiamen in their semifinal. We'll see.

3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

LOOOL LOOOL LOOOOL

Lin Dan saved 7 match points???

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yeah, sort of, first from 17-20 (i.e. not from 13-20), then to 24-all, after that from 25-26 down he won the next three points to snatch victory, 28-26. By right, it should be 8 matchpoints saved as from 25-26 down he had to even up to 26-all before winning it 28-26.

But, strictly speaking, we shouldn't consider that as 7/8 matchpoints saved but ,first, three from 17-20 down, then one point each time at deuce for another five times until he finally won it 28-26.

Well, in a way, it once again demonstrated Lin Dan's nerves of steel,composure and supreme self-confidence, but, on the other hand, the fact that he was stretched to the limit and pushed hard by an opponent he's expected to beat doesn't seem to bode well for him.

I really , really, wish Lin Dan will go into the CBA's traditional once-in-a-year winter training and emerge in tip-top shape back to near his best for one final inexorable march to the Rio Olympics and gain his third gold medal.

6. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

I personally think that his standard of play has declined drastically. After winning all that were to be won he does not have the motivation anymore. IMHO he is playing just to fulfill his contractual obligations with Yonex. Looks like many young upstarts can trouble or upstage him nowadays. Guo Kai is quite an ordinary opponent, couldn't even enter the finals of the Lingsui International Challenge 2016.
    All of us who idolise him have to accept the fact that he is a fading star, something that will happen to every superstar or genius.

#66 tbgoh288, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  7. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Hi [MENTION=86374]Justin L[/MENTION]

Just wanna correct you a bit..

Lin Dan won in straight games 21-16 28-26

Cheers

Fox

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

http://sports.qq.com/a/20160131/021820.htm

In the 3rd place playoff today(31st Jan 2016) 3 pm local time, Xiamen Defang suffered another setback losing the bronze medal to Zhejiang Jinti 0:3

Xiamen rested Chen Long and Wang Yihan who is still nursing an injury.

First, XD, Zhejiang's Zheng Siwei/Huang Yaqion beat Xiamen's Liu Cheng/Zhao Yunlei, 21-15,21-19.

Second, WS, Zhejiang's Chen Yufei beat Xiamen's Yao Xue, 21-16,21-11.

Third, MD, Zhejiang's Wang Sijie/Zheng Siwei beat Xiamen's Hong Wei/Huang Kaixiang, 21-13,17-21,21-15.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

My bad, you're right, thanks for the correction - it was a two straight set victory for Lin Dan. (I was in a bit of a hurry translating, got mixed up with the details, and distracted by other activities requiring my attention. Should have done a once-over at least before posting, something that I usually do, more thoroughly if the piece is important - Justin).

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

And finally, the CBSL 2016 Champion is Qingdao Capital Airline (Shoudu Hangkong).

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2016-01-31/doc-ifxnzanm3897386.shtml

Qingdao Capital Airline 3:1 Hunan Jiangwan Group.

The winning lineup for Qingdao was MS Lin Dan, WS Li Xuerui, XD Lu Kai/Ma Jin, but losing the MD Lu Kai/Qiu Zihan.

The results (sparing most of the narrative which I shan't translate, not even liberally, paraphrasing and sometimes freely adding my own interpretations, for those of you who read Mandarin would have noticed in some of my translations in this thread - Justin):-

First, XD, Qingdao's Lu Kai/Ma Jin beat Hunan's Zhang Wen/Huang Dongping, 11-21, 21-19, and 21-12.

Next, WS, Qingdao's Li Xuerui beat Hunan's Sun Yu, 21-18,21-15, two straight sets.

Third, MD, Hunan's Chai Biao/Zhang Wen beat Qingdao's Lu Kai/Qiu Zihan, 21-15,21-13, in only 38 minutes. At this point, Qingdao 2:1 Hunan.

Fourth, MS, Qingdao's Lin Dan beat Hunan's Zhou Zeqi, 21-8, 21-12, a consummate two-set victory to give Qingdao the gold medal. Incidentally, Lin Dan wore his white-red combination shoes (Yonex's , I supposed).