Chen Yufei (陳雨菲)

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by pcll99, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Ukfbk

Ukfbk Regular Member

upload_2021-9-9_18-1-10.jpeg

#第14节全运动会#

Chen Yufei: In the first game, I didn't know how to open the front of the shoe. Something like steel wire or thread cut my foot apart. That thing kept scratching my thumbs, so I changed to the previous pair of shoes, which is somewhat better than the previous one.

Chen Yufei 16-21 21-19 21-14 Han Yue

credit to Google Translate

#181 Ukfbk, Sep 9, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    Woesi and Justin L like this.
  2. Ukfbk

Ukfbk Regular Member

upload_2021-9-9_19-8-21.jpeg Chen Yufei gritted his teeth and scored the third point, "changing a pair of red shoes to top one top"
    The Zhejiang team with two points in hand, Chen Yufei played against Han Yue of Fujian team in the second single. Facing the impact of the national teammates, Chen Yufei played passively in the downwind zone in the first game, losing the first game 16-21. After changing sides, Han Yue, who wanted to score points for Fujian, did not have a good start, allowing Chen Yufei to lead with a larger score. During the game, Chen Yufei was forced to apply for a short medical suspension due to shoes. Subsequently, the referee sent the shoes to be replaced. Although she was limping because of the broken skin, Chen Yufei insisted on winning the second two games in relation to the first and second place in the group stage.
    After the game, she said that Han Yue played very well today, and she was restricted to play harder, but she had self-confidence. The sudden opening of the shoes was unexpected, but it was much better to change a pair of red shoes in time. "Someone was injured in the next court. At that time, the energy was a little scattered. Suddenly it seemed very serious, but I had to concentrate on the game."

#全运会羽球赛# #世说新羽#

Woesi likes this.
  3. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

Did you see what shoes she was wearing in the first set?

Only saw the third set where she was wearing those almost completely red Li Ning shoes

4. Ukfbk

Ukfbk Regular Member

i think it was LI NING , because Zhejiang team ‘s sponsor is LI NING . Hoho , how LI NING react with this issue ?

5. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    wtf is steel thread doing in an athletic shoe? who @ li ning product development ok'd that? smh...

6. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
  7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I supposed this matter calls for an investigation by the relevant authority and Li-Ning Sportswear company will have to answer for it and, perhaps, make restitution accordingly.

8. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

It's lucky that Chen Yufei wore Yonex shoes at Olympic.

She could lost gold medal if she wore Li Ning shoes at Olympic, even not went to semi final

#188 terrynguyen121988, Sep 11, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  9. Woesi

Woesi Regular Member

I would assume that it was some kind of hard plastic which broke in an unfortunate way which resulted in a sharp edge...

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

According to the same report I read, Chen Long at the Tokyo Olympics was also wearing the same make of Li-Ning shoes when he sustained the blood blister which grew bigger as the tournament wore on.

In the final, it got so big that Chen Yufei described it was almost half of the width of his (CL's) foot. Compared to hers which was a small cut underneath her right toe, she felt shy to make a fuss about it, and simply asked to change shoes to another pair that she wore earlier and carried on with the match against Han Yue by making some changes to her game tactically.

The next day's match with He Bingjiao in the team semifinals, she didn't even talk about it. I guessed it was bearable as she herself said, so we can only guess to what extent it affected her game (it was the reporter who alluded to it) . I watched that match and was quite impressed with HBJ and didn't notice anything wrong with CYF's movement. In fact ,G3 was so fiercely fought with both contestants giving as good as one get that I believed it the best match so far in the women's team event.

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  11. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Nope CL didnt wear the same shoes, he is wearing same thick red shoes from 2009. Sindhu, Ginting (iirc) wore the same shoes in OG that hurt CYF.

I think this is blown out of proportion mainly to defame a brand.

I noticed CL endorsing Li Ning after winning yesterday something I haven’t seen any player do in recent times. I think this an to attempt to fend off some of the negative publicity.

Interestingly SYQ wore Li Ning shoes in OG although his sponsor is Yonex.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Perhaps, some netizens or forummers have a tendency to get carried away and start shooting without first checking the facts, including certain careless or lazy reporters or sports writers eager to publish their articles quickly to gain readership and based their news on hearsay where no reliable sources are available yet.

If you read Mandarin, this rather lengthy article might interest you https://sports.sina.com.cn/others/others/2021-09-11/doc-iktzqtyt5406046.shtml - it covers not only the Chen Yufei incident, also mentioned Chen Long's blood blister on his left sole (without stating what Li-Ning shoes he's wearing) and Shi Yuqi's ankle injury in the 2019 INA Open while wearing Yonex CFZ shoes, and even went on to talk about Li-Ning's sponsorships in sports other than badminton (probably to capture readership by striking while the iron is hot on this trending topic in Chinese social media and fora).

Regarding the offending Li-Ning shoe worn by Chen Yufei:-
    " It is understood that the broken pair of shoes that Chen Yufei wore was Li-Ning's brand and latest model this year, the Harrier IV women's professional shoe AYAR006-2, priced at 1,099 yuan.
    [​IMG]
    In the product description, note the use of a wear-resistant material called "TUFF TIP", applied to the toe vamp to prevent premature wear and thus extend the life of the shoe.

Li Ning also uses the same material in many of its badminton shoes."

Also in the same article: "In addition to Zhejiang where Chen Yufei is from, Li Ning also sponsored the 14th National Games in 2021: Beijing team, Liaoning team, Zhejiang team, Sichuan team, Shaanxi team, Shandong team, Guangdong team, the impact of the crown."

The sports writer also mentioned that Chen Long is a player signed by Li-Ning (though Yonex is the current sponsor for CBA from January 2021. This is similar to when Lin Dan was signed by Yonex while the rest of the CBA was sponsored by Li-Ning).

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think, whether it's a manufacturing defect affecting a tiny percentage of their particular make of shoes or a design flaw, I trust Li-Ning will definitely get their engineers to take remedial action fast. It brooks no delay as even a couple of such incidents can have serious repercussions on the company's image and hit sales hard.

That's the risks of innovation.

14. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    During OG CL didn't ware the exact same shoe model that CYF wore during the injury event, during OG and for most past of last 12 years CL wore same model red shoes. Also during OG Sindhu, Ginting wore same shoes (I mean model) that CYF wore during the injury event, there is nothing to speculate, you can watch matches if want to double check.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Doesn't matter, Chen Yufei was talking about Chen Long's big blood blister, not so much what shoes he was wearing.

Btw, that wear-resistant material "Tuff Tip" was also found in several other of Li-Ning's badminton shoes as reported by the author of the above-mentioned article.

#195 Justin L, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Yufei on a roll. Double happiness and heartiest congratulations to Chen Yufei, Tokyo Olympics Gold Medalist and China National Games Women's Singles Champion - the two biggest prizes, both much-coveted by every Chinese athlete, no doubt the former more highly valued than the latter though both are once-in-four-year affairs, one international in status and recognition while the other national.

It is this kind of successive achievements in such a short time for a relatively young talent at the early stage of her career that will serve to spur her to ascend greater heights. Keep it up! Go for it!

17. DKCPH2018

DKCPH2018 Regular Member

Do you by any chance have the video link for the full match pls ? ( Also for MS match)

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

#198 Justin L, Sep 17, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member