Chen Long, Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei for the world title

Discussion in 'World Championship 2013' started by AlanY, May 13, 2013.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Let's hear from Rashid Sidek http://www.nst.com.my/latest/rashid-lin-dan-will-not-be-a-threat-1.298400

12 June 2013| last updated at 11:43PM

Rashid: Lin Dan will not be a threat

NATIONAL coach Rashid Sidek believes Lin Dan will not be any kind of a threat to Lee Chong Wei at the World Championships, slated for Aug 5-11, in Guangzhou.

Lin Dan, the former World No 1, has dropped seven rungs in the rankings as has only played one tournament since claiming his second Olympic title in London last year.
    China's two-time Asian Games champion is, however, competing in the world meet as a wild card.
    At the Asian Championships in Taiwan in April, Lin Dan, 30, did not play to form and had to concede a walkover in the quarter-finals.
    Chong Wei, the World No 1, could meet Lin Dan in the early rounds in Guangzhou as the four-time world champion will be unseeded.
    Lin Dan was supposed to play in the ongoing Indonesia Open and the Singapore Open but withdrew from both events citing injury.
    Chong Wei, however, should forget about Lin Dan and focus on China's other shuttlers, namely Chen Long, who defeated the Malaysian in the All England final in March, and World No 3 Du Pengyu.
    Lin Dan's present form remains a mystery but it is learnt that he has been training exceptionally well in Beijing, as reported by the China media.
    "Chong Wei must be prepared for anyone in Guangzhou. I believe Lin Dan will not be as solid as before at the world meet," said Rashid at Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara yesterday.
    "Lin Dan was not impressive at the Asian meet. It will not be easy for him to make a successful return in the world meet.
    "I believe it could backfire on for China if they are banking on him to deliver. However, I am not discounting his ability as China are the hosts," said Rashid.
    On Chong Wei's form, Rashid said the two-time Olympic silver medallist has been consistent.
    "However, it will not be easy for Chong Wei if he plays Lin Dan as the China player regularly beats him in priority tournaments.
    "Chong Wei needs to be mentally tough and believe in himself if he faces his nemesis," Rashid added....

2. kenjai7373

kenjai7373 Regular Member

then y was chong wei camp upset that lin dan got a wild card in the beginning? :D

3. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

someone is training hard for the world champ

084214dyb8lumthui5zajx.jpg

084218g14uul8vl9lballj.jpg

14328349020130708084150028.jpg