Chen Hong WO

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by twobeer, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Spot on! What's his purpose of playing on and disgracing himself, CHN and worst of all, badminton.Stop the nonsense, CH. You're insulting even your fans.Go back to your province and be the sports director there.

2. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
  3. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Should be Park caused the different fixed match because he beat Lin Dan :D Is part of the Chinese strategy going on for years, why so surprise now? Even our idol Zhou Jianhua intentionally lost to compatriot in All England 1992 so Liu Jun can qualify for Olympic. Is up to Park and Chen Wei now and look at the bright side, match fixing is better to happen in QF then SF.

4. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

That's suck!

I was hoping PG or CH to grab the titles. It is a shame that he gives/ordered a WO to BCL. The Chinese players has the ability to win the title fair and square, this is true a disappointment for their fans.

Now I am root to PSH!!!! Let's bring the surprise of the year!!!

5. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    footballs somewhat different. match fixing in that occurs between two different teams, not the same as between the same country.

if chen hong is an independent, then he doesn't need to listen to Li Yongbo. anyone actually consider him being injured, and unwilling to aggravate his injury? after all, i recall Lee Chong Wei losing to Sony because of a "knee injury" then a few days later, is perfectly fine in the French Open. because a lot of injuries you can't actually see or gauge its severity. so don't jump to conclusions.

6. schuweiz

schuweiz Regular Member

Ohhhh man...... you have great imaginations and should write a Badminton movie script!!!.... :D

7. XiaoQing

XiaoQing Regular Member

How do u know? Is it just your own imagination?

8. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I don't think money is the issue, is more like the "fear" if order is not obeyed. Poor Chen Hong, quitting national team and now losing fan who've been whole heartedly supporting him :crying:

9. apontoh

apontoh Regular Member

^^ can anyone tell me what would happen to chen hong if "order is not obeyed"? I don't think he has much to lose anyway....

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    busy at work, can't write long post.
    i believe chen hong is in a limbo. Offfically he is off the national team but yet can't represent another country (ex. 2 yr minimum for Taiwan). So when he enter tournaments, he still has to represent china. However, china national squad own the rights to represent china, therefore, when chen hong play, the china national team (ie LYB) has the power to yank chen hong privilage to play for 'china' anytime 'LYB' feels like it. Technically, LYB doesnt need to tell CH not to play. LYB only need to tell the china open organizer that, chen hong isnt on china team so chen hong has to forfeit whenever LYB bring up this technicality breach in any BWF sanctioned tournaments.

This isn't a match fixing scenario, technically. LYB broke no rules or law but rather chen hong is or was playing on borrowed nationality. Chen Hong didnt forsee these consequences when quitting the team. He is a man in limbo. Chen hong can't have it both way like tony G. Tony is wanted by INA and US, it's different. Chen hong played other tournaments before because LYB didn't play his trump card. LYB has a CH voodoo doll. He can poke it anytime he feels like it:p

that's my take on this situation

#70 cooler, Nov 23, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Speedy recovery for CH.....and ready for HKO.....and when have to meet with CHN players...in that tounament......he will automatically got injured again...
    CH only got injured when he have to face his fellow Chn players.....in QF or SF...:D:D:D

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that is a fairly accurate analysis cooler. add onto that Chen Hong's is now on his own payroll and his payroll comes partly from the winnings. so he does need to enter to get income but at the same time, his income is limited to when he faces a valuable Chinese opponent.

limbo indeed.

13. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    oh my oh my.... how gullible can you be?

So Chen Hong gets injured every time he meets a Chinese player right? Three walkovers in a year... all injury huh? Then he will recover just in time for the next tournament, the Hong Kong Open. Must be the herbs. Those herbs are just miraculous!

The case with Sony and LCW is different. Sony and LCW actually PLAYED. Chen Hong walkovered.

How do you explain the other walkover then? Injured too? I supposed Zhao Tingting will recover just in time for her WD match today. Oh those herbs. Or is it the practising of the ancient art of healing?

Chen Hong is representing China, and if LYB dosen't enter his name in tournaments, he can't represent. LYB therefore, i think, uses this to blackmail CH

14. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    In addition to that..CH already knew his consequenses but instead of waiting for another 2 yrs before representing other countries....he decided to play otherwise he will be too old to play again....I think after Olympic, he may quit and do some coaching and occasionally play for Denmark or Superliga league....hope for the best for CH......

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i know that.
    CH should break clean from china squad, move to TW and live with her wife so the 2 year clock start clicking. This is what zhou mi, wang chen, pi hong have done. Yes, in 2 years CH's potency will be reduced but at least he can play in any tournaments he wish. Right now, OG, WC and china tournaments are basically off limit to him, plus a 600 lb LYB on his back.

16. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Excellent analysis, cooler!

May I also add that I believe that the extent of this walkover thing within CHN team is above and beyond even LYB. This has surely been put in place as a covert national policy, and even Chief Coaches don't have too much say on policy. And if we really look closely, the problem is not just limited to badminton, and happened long before LYB became chief coach.

This is pretty much similar to how the Malaysian government determines "policies" for Malaysian car manufacturers. The CEOs of these businesses do not have a totally free hand to determine what products they should sell, or whether they should merge with bigger concerns to take advantage of economics of scale, for example. Recently Proton's merger/JV talks with VW and GM were suddenly called off.

17. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    so why didn't LYB ask Chen Hong to lose to Chen Yu? i guess it could be that Chen Hong needed more ranking points, but not at the expense of Bao Chunlai making the semis...

18. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    perhaps he thought that Chen Hong could easily be beaten.... but it proved not to be the case, so after the exit of Lin Dan, LYB got cautious.

19. Fuji_

Fuji_ Regular Member

Sad for badminton.

There is already enough politics everywhere... :eek: and now Badminton too!
    Really sad to see such obvious incidents happening in China Open. :crying:
    If I have paid for tickets to watch them at the stadium, I would be very very mad :mad::mad::mad:
    I wonder what will the beneficial players' thoughts be if they win their next match and eventually the championship?
    Is winning at all cost really that important, having advantage over your opponents and winning with no honour ? :confused:

My friend is still thinking of going to Olmpics next year to watch badminton. I may encourage him NOT to go then... :rolleyes:

20. deca2000

deca2000 Regular Member

It was not funny even when you posted this mocking stuff for the first time. Posting it again is just boring and pathetic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.