Chen’s comeback bad for China, says coach Yongbo

Discussion in 'Asian Continental Championships 2007' started by Dimplex, Apr 13, 2007.

1. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Architect Assistant, Piano Teacher

Well, this shouldnt be a problem. CH still training under PRC team as mentioned. There are many more other players that CH get the chance to spar with now compared than restricted players in the past where CH couldnt get much freedom to choose. However, more self-reliance is needed. Basically, i doubt that CH will/can play for Olympics. Unless he consistently take part in coming tournaments, however, it is up to LYB to decide. I feel Olympics or no Olympics is not that crucial to CH. Im just curious to know the real reason of his leaving and coming back again, LOL. Whether he will continue to shine or not is another story. Extemporization especially?? I hope so. :)

2. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Let me quote from the commentator during the All England Men Singles Final between LD and CY. He/commentator said something like this,"He/CY shown no signs of injuries that affected him throughout this AE tournament. In fact, he fought all the way to final after pulling out of German Open final last week (vs LD)."

Again, you dont need to be Albert Einstein to understand what he/commentator meant, and certainly he cant use the words "cheat" or "disguised" or "unsportmanship" of LYB.

Certainly we do understand players are bound for injuries esp in badminton, and I have no doubt that it takes time to recover. But within few days? C'on, we aint dumbs :rolleyes:

I also understand that German Badminton Association raised their concerns and frustrations after seeing CY played extremely well in early rounds of AE after citing injuries in German Open final just few days ago.

3. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

It's good to know that CH is still training under the province instead of national team. I am very concerned for the quality of his sparring partners (no disrespect to other non-national PRC players) because it's very difficult to stay on top of the game both physically and mentally. No doubt CH is still a world beater, but he aint young. If I'm not mistaken, his coach is Xiong Guo Bao (Ex-national player).

I think it's every player's dream to play n win Olyimpics medals, and it's no different for CH. I hope he will play in 2008 Olympics but I doubt he will win coz the mighty LD and Taufik will be too strong for CH.

4. markhamplayer

markhamplayer Regular Member

I think it is good for CH but bad for LYB personally. It doesn't affect Team China a bit.
    If CH succeeds , i.e. to capture a few golds in upcoming tournments, LYB's face will be as "black" as charcoal. He is afraid that everybody will fellow suite & LYB will become a general without soldiers. That's why LYB said it is bad for Team China & he is not happy with it. I don't think CH would get blessings from LYB at all. Unfortunately, there is nothing LYB can do to stop CH from success. Freedom in China costs & CH is paying for it now.
    Good luck CH & long live freedom!

5. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

totally agree.
    don't accuse someone before you have the evidence.

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

7. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

8. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    well, maybe the thing is, if CY put 100% into German Open, he'd have not been able to participate in the AE. as it was, he gave his best in the AE despite being injured, maybe that rest from the GO final gave him the little extra he needed to get to the finals, because he got demolished by LD and who knows, maybe CY was too wasted by then. i think he really was saving himself during the German Open to give it his all in the AE. and when you say no sign of injury, that's on visible sign, injury can be caused to the inside, and while it hurts, most people from Team China have to bear it. if CY wasn't injured, he'd have played in the ABC, but i think he over-exerted himself in the AE. if he played the GO final, he might have to skip several months of badminton.

i've seen this before, when someone due to injury, doesn't play low level tournaments and saves oneself for the full charge at a higher tournament, but due to doing that, they had to take a break afterwards.

9. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    i choose to have faith in Lin Dan to deliver the gold, CH ain't gonna last long.

10. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

11. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

12. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student

13. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Lu Who?!!:D joking.

Why Will CH degrade faster than LD? IMHO I tihnk LD will degrade faster than CH. LD Technique not as kind to his body, and Based around his physical game this will be harder to acheive when older.

14. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Yes, I watched the game. Hmm... yes, it was another great performance by both players, esp Taufik. Hopefully we will see another LD vs Taufik in Singapore Open final. :)

15. Shifty

Shifty Regular Member

Student
    never heard of Lu Qicheng? no, i doubt it. you have to take in that every year older means a lot more work needs to be done, and every year after, the results are magnified more and more each time. CH lost to Taufik and the recent ABC didn't he? he looked a lot worse than last year.

16. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Going slightly off topic here, but Yes he did, but it was close, and (If you beleive what taufik says) he was carrying a slight injury. And has in the past often lost to TH anyway.

But your opinion can only reinforce my opinion that CH, TH, LCW have all dropped a level, but still remain top players because no-one else is there. And if they have all dropped, and LQ has not made a major impression on the tournaments he has been in Means he is at an even lower level still.

17. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    LYB is not afraid of CH. Remember, CHN team faces much tougher issues in the 90's, where they lose more medals than they gain (espeically men's team). If the CHN team worried, and lost their hope, and give up, or just pray other teams get isssues (like some of us here do), they will never improve to today's dominance.

What troubles LYB is CH might start a trend to the young players. Just picture this, do you want to see say, everyday, 10 of your players submit their resignation letters, and ask for their "freedom"? :cool:

18. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    What the commentator saying in the public is very much un-professional. He's not the player, and how could he know how serious the pain or mental tireness bother the player?

Remember Penny Hardway and Grant Hill? Both played through serious injuries in the playoffs, before going down to surgeries the following year. Both of them average 20+ points in playoffs, but what happend to them in the summer? Surgeries after surgeries, and none of them can be anywhere near their top forms ever.

So, now, we say CY or LYB is cheating. Do you really feel sorry, if say CY really fight and get a career ending injury during the game. Oh, wait, if so, your guys will say, "fix match", or "stupid". :mad:

Btw, if I remember correctly, the next tourn CY played (KO?), he lost the 1st round to Roslin. So, do you think that's a proof or not? I don't think Roslin ever joined CHN. :cool:

19. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. Many province team players are also world class players. Players like Xu Huaiwen and Pi Hongyan, they were from the province team or national team 2 before they become a force after moving out. Therefore, the training quality in province team is very decent compare to most of other national teams. Also, CH is from Fujian, which is known as a badminton power house.

2. I seriously doubt CH's intention is to make the Olympics 2008. Remember, no individual can participate, unless being part of the national squard. I think CH's main reason to come out of retirement is:
    2.1 Prove "I still can".
    2.2 $$$

20. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Of course it seriously affect the team. :cool:

If an example is set, LYB will see almost all of his top guns and the young rising stars will lose concentration, and everyone might want to be out, and dig their own gold pot. As a boss, do you want to see all your staffs leave, and start their own business and compete with you tomorrow?

CH got into the national team, and received all the $$$ and benefits when he's younger with no name. To me, it's like signing a contract. You put your signature down, and you need to obey the terms. If you have so much confidence in yourself, you should just quit the national team, when you are no name. Hire your own coach, rent your own gym, and traing and play with your own $$$ (like many western players do). If you are successful, and you fight for your own, I have nothing to say, but cheer loudly for you.

Now, you are getting better without even a penny out of your own pocket, and even guranteed a job for life. Suddenly, you realized that there are younger and better players upcoming, you scream for "i want my freedom"??? :eek: :mad: