Chan Peng Soon & Goh Liu Ying

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by pajrul, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    She is back at BAM.

2. LawrenceYONG

LawrenceYONG Regular Member

Pro
  3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Mr Dr,
    GLY shoulder injury is considered career ending?
    I was surprised she got to go Germany to do it, since BAM players before this just did it in Msia.
    Chan Chong Ming shoulder surgery comes to mind. Even LCw did his many treatments in Msia

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Sure. Why have surgery then?

Yes. Came as a surprise to me. My orthopaedic surgeon friend told me Germany has some excellent surgeons. Li xuerui had her ACL reconstruction in Germany.

Sonia Cheah had her achilles tendon surgery. She had a surgical complication of infection. For a surgical procedure of that nature, that is very bad. Should be aiming of a surgical infection rate of zero for that type of surgery.

5. Master

Master Regular Member

Here is some good news on GLY :)

Liu Ying ready to mentor Tang Jie in comeback Liu Ying ready to mentor Tang Jie in comeback
    Tuesday, 3 Oct 2017

Excerpt:
    KUALA LUMPUR: Mixed doubles shuttler Goh Liu Ying is looking forward to guiding a younger partner for the first time.

The 28-year-old Liu Ying is making a comeback after six months out with a shoulder injury and she has been given a new partner – 19-year-old Chen Tang Jie.

They have been entered for two small tournaments – the India International Challenge in Mumbai from Nov 29-Dec 3 and the Maldives International Challenge in Male from Dec 5-10.

This is the second time that I’m making a comeback after a long break. It’s getting harder to start all over again,” said Liu Ying, who took an eight-month break in 2014 after surgeries to both her knees.

That break proved good as she bounced back stronger to win a silver medal with Chan Peng Soon at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games. They also finished as runners-up at the All-England in March before she injured her shoulder.

I’ve been training for the last three weeks but I’m still not 100% fit yet. I still need to improve on my strength."

My first challenge is to form a good partnership with Tang Jie. Unlike Peng Soon, this is the first time that I’m playing with a junior and I’m quite thrilled by it."

I was on the opposite side of the court against Tang Jie during the mixed doubles at the Malaysian Purple League last year. He’s quite a good attacking player,” she said.

Source: http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/badminton/2017/10/03/liu-ying-ready-to-mentor-tang-jie-in-comeback/

Six club players join BAM to bolster mixed doubles department
    Tuesday, 3 Oct 2017

Excerpt:

Tang Jie was selected to play for Malaysia at last year’s World Junior Championships in Bilbao, Spain, and he justified his inclusion by winning a bronze in mixed doubles with Toh Ee Wei and partnering Wei Chong in boys’ doubles to take Malaysia into the mixed team final.

This is the second time that Tang Jie will be under BAM’s programme. He joined the Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) in 2011 but was dropped in 2013. He went on to join Petaling BC.

“He was supposed to report for duty today but he needed to sort out some things with his club. He will check in next Monday,” said Ee Hui.

I’ve not ruled out the possibility of bringing Liu Ying and Peng Soon together again. We may use them for major tournaments next year.

For now, I want Liu Ying and Peng Soon to guide their junior partners. This is the best way to fast forward the younger players’ progress.

Peng Soon has done a great job of guiding Yee See since being paired up in June. They won the Russian Open Grand Prix Gold in July and reached the semi-finals of the Korean Open Superseries last month.

Source: http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/bad...join-bam-to-bolster-mixed-doubles-department/

6. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Chen Tang Jie is a good attacking player and good defence. He is suitable in MD/XD. A good partner for returning Liu Ying

7. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

too bad Chen Tang Jie have to focus only in mixed double, playing men's double is unlikely for him, just like what happened to Tan Kian Meng...

8. indrg

indrg Regular Member

What do you guys think about the new XD pair : a youngster Chen Tang Jie and the veteran GLY

9. indrg

indrg Regular Member

She is so hot

10. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Need some water, mister?

11. Master

Master Regular Member

Some cold water would make comfortable.

12. Master

Master Regular Member

Youngster ready to make partnership with Liu Ying a success
    Tuesday, 10 Oct 2017

[​IMG]
    Hard at work: Mixed doubles shuttler Goh Liu Ying going through the paces during a training session at the Academy Badminton Malaysia in Bukit Kiara yesterday.

KUALA LUMPUR: Youngster Chen Tang Jie is relishing the chance to make headway with seasoned campaigner Goh Liu Ying.

Tang Jie reported for duty and went through a training session in the afternoon with Liu Ying at the Academy Badminton Malaysia (BAM) in Bukit Kiara yesterday.

National mixed doubles head coach Chin Eei Hui has paired up Tang Jie, a Petaling Badminton Club (PBC) product, with Liu Ying to add depth in the squad.

The duo will make their debut in two tournaments – the India International Challenge in Mumbai (Nov 29-Dec 3) and the Maldives International Challenge in Male (Dec 5-10).

The duo are the country’s fifth pair in the national team. The others are Tan Kian Meng/Lai Pei Jing, Goh Soon Huat/Shevon Lai Jemie, Chan Peng Soon/Cheah Yee See and Hoo Pang Ron/Peck Yen Wei.

Liu Ying-Peng Soon won the silver medal at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games and reached the All-England final in March. They had to break up due to Liu Ying’s shoulder injury in April.

Tang Jie said Liu Ying made him feel right at home on his first day.

“I’m from a club. This is my first day in the national association (Badminton Association of Malaysia) and I was quite nervous,” said the 19-year-old Tang Jie, who stands tall at 178cm.

But everyone was so welcoming. It feels good to be in the national team. Liu Ying is a very good player, famous and popular but she is nice to me. I hope to learn as much as possible from her."

This is a new beginning for me and I promise to give my all to make this partnership work,” added Tang Jie, who won one silver (mixed team) and one bronze (mixed doubles with Toh Ee Wei) at the World Junior Championships in Bilbao, Spain last year.

Source : http://www.thestar.com.my/sport/bad...-to-make-partnership-with-liu-ying-a-success/

13. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

Well, some food for thought. Both CPS CLY are mature age. On the other hand, CYS and CTJ are young. Seriously we don't get a Olympic silver everyday, though we did get it a few times. CPS GLY might probably be the best XD in Malaysia history (if unfortunately true).

The funny thing is that XD was our weakest link since 90s, but now, it seems to be our strongest. Then again, something that people are concerned with the new pairing system is that CYS unfortunately can't matched CPS ability, and for the new GLY CTJ pair, i think a lot of people will be thinking, is that gonna be another semi good pair?

3years down the road, will CTJ pair up with CYS? That's another food for thought

14. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

http://www.badmintonplanet.com/badm...-resume-partnership-early-next-year-html.html
    At least XD will get a bit more competitive again next year after a not so competitive year in 2017

Excerpt:

Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying, the Rio Olympics silver medal winning mixed doubles pair, will be reunited in January 2018 after Goh took time out to recover from her shoulder injury.

The duo will be playing at the Malaysian Masters as their first tournament together since the 2017 Malaysian Open.

“Liu Ying and I will resume our partnership in January next year. We will compete in the Malaysian Masters together,” said Chan on Wednesday.

samkool, visor and Michael V like this.
  15. Michael V

Michael V Regular Member

This is great news! They were always an exciting XD pair. Now that CPS seems to have improved his serve, maybe they can progress further more consistently. Hope they stay injury-free though as injuries always stopped their momentum (like after Rio and after AE'17).

stanleyfm likes this.
  16. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

good start for Goh Liu Ying partnering newcomer Chen Tang Jie to win the India International Series title recently, next tournament is Tata Open India International Challenge...

17. kok tong

kok tong Regular Member

18. kok tong

kok tong Regular Member

Top net player

19. kok tong

kok tong Regular Member

吴柳萤教球 让世界名将做你的私人教练

20. Master

Master Regular Member