Carolina Marin: Spain

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by scuInd78, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Marin hits out by a mile (another court/passed the boundaries), her opponent goes to get the shuttle, and Marin takes the chance to towel off. Does she realise how unlikeable and rude she is on court?

robfitsy and DKCPH2018 like this.
  2. super-g

super-g Regular Member

That is up to umpire to decide when players can towel, if umpire does not complain her behaviour is fine. Haven't seen opponents erither complaining about her behaviour and Marin seems to have good relationships with other players.

To me every women's singles player has bad behaviour. They all cheer at opponent unforced errors, refuse to change shuttle and do not apologize lucky netcords. That just does not happen at men's singles.

3. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    That umpire was a clown. I was surprised Okuhara didn't challenge the umpire's call of a fault when no fault was committed. Twice. He was just wrong on both occasions.

4. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

yes, rude or not, her opponent decide
    no problem to cheer, cant stop the emotion. Refuse or agree change shuttle is a part of tactics (from both players, want to delay or quick. The shuttle really need to change or not). No cheer, agree, apology can be nice. If they do the opposite, its still fine, no big deal. Only rude when player provoke opponent
    yes, he is

5. super-g

super-g Regular Member

Speaking of bad behaviour, Okuhara did go lay down on court several times after losing a point just to have a timeout when court was being dried. She did fall after losing the point, not during the rally. Isn't that unsportsmanlike behaviour to delay game when running out of stamina?

6. vozer here

its delay tactics. Not good for the fan cos u have to watch the game longer than it actually playing. But cant criticize that, nothing wrong

shouldnt talk abt no here. Thread is abt marin

7. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Delaying is irritating, and she did do it a couple of times. In my opinion, refusing to return the shuttle is ruder to the opponent.

8. vozer here

not refusing, she turned around and no already came to pick the shuttle. No could just leave it and let marin do her job

9. lzhaol

lzhaol Regular Member

I suspect this youtube acc holder is Marin's asst coach. She speaks in Spanish but you can always turn on the translater.

10. vozer here

first time marin win 2 world tours (damn u bwf, cant say ss anymore) in a row

[​IMG]

11. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    oh she is being sponsored by la liga. just noticed in that photo.

Anyone know how popular is she in Spain?

12. vozer here

abt this

13. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    Haha either they didn't know her name or they didn't know what kind of sport she played

14. vozer here

15. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

They did not even know the sport but they remember her name . Some remember the sport she plays but forgot her name. She somehow managed to enter people' minds . Hats off to her.

16. vozer here

https://www.sentinelassam.com/news/im-huge-carolina-marin-fan-bollywood-actress-taapsee-pannu/

[​IMG]

October 12, 2018

I’m huge Carolina Marin fan: Bollywood Actress Taapsee Pannu
    Mumbai: Bollywood Actress Taapsee Pannu says she is proud to have Spanish badminton superstar Carolina Marin in her team Pune 7 Aces for the fourth edition of the Vodafone Premier Badminton League (PBL).

“I am so happy and proud to have Carolina in my team. I’m a huge fan, not just because of the fact that she is one of the best players in the world but also because of the spirit with which she plays,”

Taapsee said in a statement.

“She is a treat to watch when she is playing. The funny anecdote is that whenever she plays in India I always get a bunch of messages on social media telling me that my doppelganger is here or comparing our pictures and pointing out similarities. “Though I’m sure personally we both might find it difficult to believe a lot of people apparently feel so,” she added. The “Manmarziyaan” actress is looking forward to meeting Marin when she will travel for the PBL matches. The date of the meeting is not yet fixed. IANS

17. vozer here

first time lose to an european player since kirsty defeated her in spanish open 2014 final, may 25th

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

19. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Maybe it's her arm injury that she had back in October. But if it's not the arm injury, then I think Carolina Marin will slowly revert to her annual "SS" form. My theory is that Carolina Marin spends extra effort and time to train and prepare for the WC and Olympics. If it's not the WC or Olympics, I think she tends to take it easier. Her performance at the SS right after she won the WC can be explained because all the training and fitness she prepared for the WC was tapering off but allowed her to win the SS right after the WC. But as time progresses away from the WC, Marin loses her form and fitness and is not as dominant as she was during the WC and then she becomes very beatable at the SS.

This is similar to LD who tends to be at his top fitness and form right before the Olympics but then plays a level lower during the SS tour.

Maybe Carolina Marin will prove me wrong and sweep the SS finals and the other SS over the next year until the WC. We will see.

20. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member