Carlton Fans Club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Benwilluk, Feb 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Hi Meteor - it is hard to explain really but the Razor is a different feeling racket, although the specs are similar (mx70 is slightly more head heavy and possibly a slightly stiffer shaft but its marginal).

When I use the Meteors strung with vs850 they feel quite lively and give off a distinctive ting when playing. The Razor on the other hand feels slightly more solid somehow when strung with x67.

They are both quick rackets and very good in defence. The Razor is marginally lighter but not much. both rackets are good in quick fire exchanges as well. It is hard to say which is quick in defence, possibly the Meteor but only marginally.

In terms of power - the razor gives great power on smashes which surprised me being more even balanced. For net kills this racket felt marginally quicker, possibly due to being more head light.

This racket does feel effortless to play with and even after a 3 hour session have no problems - In terms of the prototype - i would steer clear of this as there were some teething problems with the wrap round grommets. the razor was slightly redesigned in order to fix this issue.

I hope this helps

2. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    OK - so i have had some court time playing with one of the new Carlton Kinesis. It was strung with the Black Carlton X67 at 24lb. My first impression was that this felt like a nice racket. It delivers plenty of power and is a very quick racket. i am looking forward to getting some more time to give it a proper test.

3. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Oh you can't say that. I've just played with a NS9900 and you tell me this. I can't afford both :(

4. f1rst

f1rst Regular Member

On your initial impression, how does it feel in terms on head heaviness and shaft stiffness?

5. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    on first impressions i would say this is medium/stiff and even balanced. Does not feel particularly head heavy.

6. meteor

meteor Regular Member

Thanks Ben, it sounds very positive. I like fast rackets that also have decent power. I'm thinking to give it a go. Cheers!

7. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    It's nice that you guys in the UK can get Carlton rackets so easily. Here in Singapore it's virtually impossible to get your hands on a decent racket.

I've managed to get a VT Vanquish, VT S-Lite, Air Rage Tour, Powerblade 9902, Air Blade 30 and Fireblade FX8.. been looking at the Kenesis and wondering if I'll ever try one without having to ship one from the UK.

8. meteor

meteor Regular Member

The only racket I ever bought and previously tried was VT80... and later I realised that it's not really best suited to my style. :)

@Ben: Great that you have the Kinesis. I wasn't even aware that it's released.
    Has similar specs to Razor 1.0 so I'll wait to see your review.

9. kiradeathnote

kiradeathnote Regular Member

student
    I played with the VTT. I really like it!!! It's an overall raquet and provide all your needs. Smashing defending net drop are all good. The problem is there is no excellent in this raquet only the appearance is excellent. Neverless it's a very good raquet and gives all your need. Still I wont buy it, because I have 5 raquets at home and you can only use 1 at a time.

But if I had to buy one it will be VTT!! Very good raquet.

10. gwheng

gwheng Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi All,

Great to see a discussion for Carlton's racket.

I'm an intermediate player most of time play men doubles, i have play badminton since primary school.
    current is 30years old.

At first i owned and use Yonex's racket more until i meet a friend who use Carlton Airblade(state player), things change.

I start to look for Carlton racket and my first Carlton is PowerFlo 807. Why i jump to Carlton is because
    Carlton do have better performace vs price. I found that always need to spend about 30 to 100% more
    to get similar performance racket from Yonex.

I found that the Carlton Racket more handy on both defense and offense.
    #most of the time i was using Yonex Ti68 string with 28lbs for all my carlton racket.

I prefer even and head heavy racket, personally don't like the head light racket.

I like the Carlton Racket because most of the model i own i do feel the speed, control and smash power.

The Carlton racket with Ti68 28lbs do let me have power on smash specially for head heavy with stiff 670mm shaft. (Powerblade Elite, airblade 37(less maneuverability and control compare to Powerblade Elite) )

Racket with even balance weight with medium flex does made me feel i can react faster, better control
    on defense and play on the net, smash is not powerful as head heavy type but it do let you able to hold longer for the battle with more smash.

Current i only have PowerFlo 807 and PowerFlo 815 in good condition. Yonex and other brand racket
    already give to my brother.

now is waiting below 3 racket to string up and test it up.
    Carlton Vapour Trail Viper
    Carlton Vapour Trail Vanquish
    Carlton Vapour Trail Elite

previous own and existing using racket. most of them are Ti68 with 28lbs.
    Yonex Carbonex 8
    Yonex Carbonex 21
    Yonex isometric (shart loose, can't remember the mode}
    Bedini (can't remember the model)
    Wilson (can't remember the model)
    eptif wide body (crack, after crash with others racket)
    Yonex mp55
    ProAce wide body 33
    Carlton Powerflo 807
    Carlton Airblade 800 (hair line crack after crash with other racket)
    Carlton PowerBlade Elite (hair line crack without crash after 6+)
    Carlton AirBlade 37 (crack on frame after 5+ years with power smash)
    Carlton Fireblade FX9 (shaft loose after 5+ years plus)
    Carlton PowerFlo 815
    Carlton Vapour Trail Viper
    Carlton Vapour Trail Vanquish
    Carlton Vapour Trail Elite

11. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

I see Carlton has a razor 1.3 listed on their website (without any details).
    At first I thought they'd accidentally listed the 1.2 twice, but the picture's different.
    Any rumours?

12. purnama

purnama New Member

Carlton Vapour Trail 9.1

Hi there. I'm just want to find some clarification, I've just bought Carlton Vapour Trail 9.1 but I couldn't find it from Carlton Website.

Do any one of the fellow forumers who has already used this racket? I only will try out this on Sunday.

Please advise :)

13. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I need Carlton racket for my doubles game. Medium stiff, head light and mid range. Any suggestions?

14. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

The vapour Trail Storm might suit your needs: http://www.carltonsports.com/docs/badminton/products/rackets/vapour_trail_storm.php
    or the FX-Ti: http://www.carltonsports.com/docs/badminton/products/rackets/vapour_trail_fx_ti.php

The Vapour Trails are meant to have a balance between speed and power (represented by oval and square heads respectively).
    If you're looking for speed, look at their current Air series, or if you're a power player, look at their Ignite range.
    http://www.carltonsports.com/docs/badminton/products/rackets_selector.php

purnama: I don't think the VTs ever had numbers. Perhaps they gave a number to the racket instead of the original name? Check the paint job to try to identify which model it is: http://www.carltonsports.com/docs/badminton/products/rackets_selector.php

15. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Purnama's VT 9.1 is Carlton's Asian edition, I saw it a few days ago n it looks OK but did not try swinging it. Anyone knows Carlton's Asian edition website? Their products offering in Asia is a bit different from Europe's versions.

Purnama, can u give us a mini review on yr racket? How does it compare to other racket you already own, preferably a popular racket so we can estimate how the racket feels. Thanks.

#35 sautom88, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  16. Derek S-H

Derek S-H Regular Member

Care Worker
  17. SORROWTULIP

SORROWTULIP Regular Member

SALE EXECUTIVE
    Dear Friends,

Do you know any shops in Bangkok, Thailand where they sell racket Carlton VAPOUR TRAIL TOUR? In my country (Vietnam), there is no one sell.

Thks for your suggestions.

THUY

18. Alexch

Alexch Regular Member

ya, powerflo 807 is my must go for racket, deliver tons of power....

19. thuycotto

thuycotto New Member

Project Sales Represetative
    Dear Benwilluk

Thanks for your effort to set-up this forum. I'm the FAN of Carlton :) but actually I have no chance to share emotion and experience with other in my hometown since no one knows about it ('cause I live in Ha Noi City, Vietnam).

I'm really interested in Carlton racket and actually I got 3 ones. Unfortunately, they were all broken and cracked :-(( I bought those ones in Bangkok, Thailand and now I cannot find any shop in Vietnam sell them.

I often visit www.carltonsports.com to satisfy my dream to see my favorite one. Poor me! And I love KINESIS seri even I know that I cannot buy it in Vietnam. I wish I can buy it in someday.

If someone travel in Ha Noi City, Vietnam kindly help me to take it together, I will agree to buy at highest price ^_^

Regards

THUYCOTTO

20. bishopli

bishopli New Member

Hi all I am new to this forum, but was interested to get opinions on the Carlton Razor v1.1. I am generally an offensive player and this racket seems ideal for my style of play, does anyone have reviews or feedback on this racket. I have played with Carltons before and generally find these to be great value for money in comparison to those of other brands.