Can't do 10 squats without weird feeling in knees

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Abdullah Ahmad AAK, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Abdullah Ahmad AAK

Abdullah Ahmad AAK Regular Member

So was watching this video by Swift Badminton the other day, in which he says an average badminton player should have no problem doing 100 squats. I out of curiousity tried and find that my knees feel pressurized from the 1st squat. Also felt impact of steps on knee when I ran on a road.

Yes it's a problem of knee instability. But I was wondering will doing squats themselves at a controlled pace as conditioning help? I tried yesterday doing 10 sets of 10 controlled proper form squats and today my knee feels weird. Not paining but still the weird feeling. Is it normal?

Is the weird feeling a sign that knee stabilizing processes are being activated? Or a sign of poor form?

#1 Abdullah Ahmad AAK, Dec 16, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  2. waterboy

waterboy Regular Member

Did you warm up your legs before the squat? If your legs are not used to the movements, that can be a factor. While I don't doubt that you use correct form, there could be minute biomechanical differences that make your knees feel uncomfortable. Have you experimented with the distance between your feet, position of your toes and knees, and squat depth? Everyone is built different so these small tweaks may help the exercise become more suitable for your frame