Canada Open 2014 in Vancouver

Discussion in 'Canada / USA / Chinese Taipei / Brazil Open 2014' started by jyeung, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Thanks for the information on the injury. I take back any negative comments about her fitness and in fact applaud her for carrying on to victory. Just hope it is nothing too serious to her knee. :(

2. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

This was a new group of organizers this year, and that's why the courts turned out the way they did. Hopefully it doesn't detract them too many players in the future.

And there are rumors again that it may be in Toronto next year since Pan Am Games will be there. Especially since US Open will be in NY again next year.

3. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    That could be very well true as I know that the Canada Open was supposed to move East a couple of years ago but didn't due to lack of bids(?) Pan Am is July 10-26 so timing is there for sure.

As for Michelle Li, it is the US Open next follow by the Commonwealth Games.

4. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    I am sure that there are pics available as I saw that jyeung was onsite taking tons of pics.

Here's one that he took of the WS Champion right after the end of the match. 10511514_10152516097368334_5320880518505251275_o.jpg

5. CantSmashThis

I was planning to watch this at the hotel (but had really bad wifi reception at the time and did not get back to it until now). I do not remember this point haha. It was a great match though. Could not tell who was going to win.

#65 CantSmashThis, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  6. CantSmashThis

Heard Canada Open will be up for open bidding again starting next year after a big loss this year.