Can Malaysia Boleh at the AE?

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2009' started by Pemuda, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haiya....when i kindly ask him go lead bam...he say this and tat again...how mas can improve like this????without u....thats why they never success...they need u man....MALAYSIA need u...go PEMUDA go....seriously....

2. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    I hope you can read it all again, Pemuda.

Be clear that i've nothing against Bananakid.That's the first one.
    The only point here is if he should be able to compromise when criticize Proton.He's talking about other country domestic problem.I've no problem with people complaining,but accompanied with good reasons.
    Also, I've no problem apologizing if i've misunderstood him in the first place.Feel free to enlighten me, Bananakid.

We don't need 'Sensitive' tag when we are ready to open discourses and dialogues with good purposes.That is the journey i hope Malaysians could go through.Proton , LCW's Ae lost, even Ketuanan Melayu are not sensitive issues when we are able to do so.These issues are not sensitive, people made them look sensitive.Get my point?
    However, that doesn't give everyone a right to say something about us,
    and we can just say "yes, it's true..".Then, nothing.
    No.Question would be, What for?

limsy's suggestion got my vote.I believe few others.It bothers you?

3. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Tell me, for the past few years (or if you wish, at this current point), how do you rank the men's singles players?

Example:
    1. Lin Dan
    2. Taufik Hidayat
    3. Peter Gade
    etc.

Where would you rank LCW?

4. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

come on...you know the answer...
    where is LCW major titles?
    LD-OG, AE, WC
    Taufik-OG, WC
    Peter-AE,WC (cant remember)
    :D:D:D
    if this case, LCW is above average
    chap kapak brand from Malaysia nia....

5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Based on current, IMHO I will rank as follows:

1. Lin Dan

2. Taufik Hidayat (1WC, 1OG Gold)
    3. Peter Gade* (1 AE, 1 WGP)
    4. LCW *

* In terms of SS titles, I may be wrong but I think PG has got more than LCW. Will try to check later, too early in the morning now.

6. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

My friend, of course it has to be based on titles won. Or else, I would like to put my kampung friend in Terengganu, Pak Busu ahead of LD & co simply because I like him and he is from my kampung.

7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Yang, ohhhhh yang, you are my sayang. You yourself know what you wrote to bananakid. And I am sure you can read and understand what you wrote.

Since you are my sayang, I wont push you to explain what you wrote.

As for limsy, tu budak lagi. Biar. Most important is us going out to watch football. ;) Bila le tu??

8. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    U forget DLCW did win the Master of Super Series title last year. This is a great achievement and also great fortune.....

9. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Based on your rankings above, which is your opinion?
    A) LCW is an above average player
    B) LCW is one of the best players in the world

If B, then who are considered "best players in the world"? Only LD? Or LD + Taufik?

10. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Oppss ..... I forgot about that SSF.

After taking into consideration of that SSF, IMHO I will rank as follows:

1. Lin Dan

2. Taufik Hidayat (1WC, 1OG Gold)
    3. Peter Gade* (1 AE, 1 WGP)
    3.95 LCW *

* In terms of SS titles, I may be wrong but I think PG has got more than LCW. Will try to check later, too early in the morning now.

:D

11. luyi80

luyi80 Regular Member

Well, let me put it this way. LD is a better player than LCW, this is a fact. And, whenever comes to major events, LD will take part. So, taking what I'd learnt from my math, If P is true, then Q is true...

P: LD will take part in all major events, e.g. OG, WC, AE...
    Q: LCW always lose to LD

As a conclusion, as LD will always take part in all sort of major events, and IF LCW can make it to the final, he'll eventually lose to LD and there's gone all his major titles...:D:D:D Hypothesis only, haha!

Surely Nicole David worth the Datuk title. As for LCW's Datuk title, IMO, was a "political product", as govt. BN rewarded LCW RM300,000 for making it to the final of OG, the Penang govt., our Pakatan Rakyat must also do something to reward our 'national treasure', that's why we have Dato Lee now...:cool:;):p

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Dude, you are like Karpal Singh, man! :D

On a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 being the best, I rank our LCW 7.75 with LD being a 9.5. I would say LCW is a + above average player.

13. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Now , now guys..
    Lee Chong Wei got another job to do next week.Shall we stay together and say yes to him? For once.
    Get it real.No matter how good LD was, no matter how far he had left Chong Wei behind and whatsoever, Chong Wei's still deserved credit for being there.Thus, deserve our devotion to one Malaysian that is competing, presenting the name of Malaysia.
    The request is simple, don't say no until it's over.
    Or If Ld is truly unbeatable,we better let Ld compete all by himself and stop sending MS to any tournamnent.End of story.Improve and send a better player, that maybe the best thing to do.Until then, keep trying!
    Malaysians who struggled to keep surviving for life are even supporters for Chong Wei.They cheered for this guy.Why should we let them down?

And Pemuda, i really want you read all over again.My reading skills are not good enough, to be humble.So, for someone who's as expert as you, tell me if i've ever condemn Bananakid for criticizing.As far as im concern, he's judging Malaysians' performance globally without stating the facts about it.
    I might have been a little too much when saying this.So, my apology.
    He should be able to think how'd Malaysians feel about Proton.
    It's significance is deep inside heart( sentimental sangat..i know)
    But, back in 90s,how'd you feel about proton who had 4 million solid cash and be able to build something worth 1.8 million in Tanjung Malim, independently, without help from governnment.What happen now is a humiliation.How come now they are struggling with debts and all?Ridiculous..

Btw, pasal date, i think kita akan gaduh even sebelum ur Liverpool kalah pun.
    so, worth it or not?:p

14. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Hey nothing personal but can youplease use a space after your fullstops? just like your commas :)
    will make things easier to read thanks

15. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Hey..volcom.Sorry.
    Work on that later.
    *We are given 15 minutes to edit.and i've exceeded it.(^_*)

Thanks for enlightening.

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I agree with koo_fan that we should give LCW due credit for his past achievements and for making sure that MAS's name is always mentioned in the badminton world as one of the countries to reckon with. At this moment LCW is the only popular and most-admired player to carry MAS's flag internationally, not even past AE champions, KKK/TBH. Just recall how many times his name had been recited aloud during this AE! :rolleyes: ;)

I know LCW has disappointed many Msia Boleh fans for not being able to win major titles like the just-concluded AE, but to be fair he has tried his best and it was no mean feat to be WR1 and a finalist in the AE, his best performance at the AE todate. :p

Remember he beat TH quite convincingly in the SF, although LCW seemed to have forgotten that it was TH who made his AE passage much easier by eliminating PG in the QF. PG seems to know how to handle LCW much better despite the former's senority in years. :eek:

It was unfortunate that LCW had to meet LD again after his most unforgettable loss to him in the Beijing Olympics. The long absence turned out to be much in LD's favour to the surprise of many Msia Boleh fans since LD was not involved in major tournaments thereafter. But the months of "military training" that LD and company received, especially his young lady teammates, have proven immensely beneficial as all five AE titles were captured by them, something which happened only many, many decades ago! :eek:

LCW will win some major titles this year, especially if LD is not competing or has been defeated in earlier rounds. So I'm sure he will not have to bear the "kampong" tag for long.

Can anybody truthfully tell me that LCW would not be welcome to his national team, except CHN? :)

17. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    Hmmm...

Uncle peter ever won AE meh? when ar? not sure if my eyes blur already but couldn't find it in his profile... anyway your ranking, aiseh...;)

so, TH is number two, hm... so, Prof. Pemuda, if not according to numbers of big tourney wins, will your ranking still be the same? ;) just wondering...

18. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    Thanks....

A much fairer opinion... LCW has done his best and it so happen that every time he tried to win the major titles, LD was everywhere... we could not fault LCW to falter for we knew how hard he trained and his great commitment to achieve his goal and being the only M'sian to fight...haish...no need to re-mention la...

At least now, if someone ask him of any AE/OG medal in his cupboard, he can convincingly say, "Yeah, definitely..." :D:D ...regardless of the color... last year semi, this year final, who knows next year, winner?:p

Take those past major title wins aside, does anyone really thinks even PG or TH could beat LD NOW for another big win collection? answer is, maybe... if LD's not playing in those tourneys...:D:D

19. volcom

volcom Regular Member

He won when he beat TH in 99 I think

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

1999 Peter Gade beat Taufik Hidayat 15-11, 7-15, 15-10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.