Can India walk the talk ?

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by repentedboy, Jul 17, 2012.

1. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Yup, we will know pretty soon...

why give too many noises on this matter?

Every one has a winning chance, what separates each is the probability scale

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    The CHN girls will prolly get the gold and more, and I would not bet against them. There is a saying you are as good as the last time you play, and the last time before OLY that SN played, she looked to be in excellent shape, faster and played very well. I wouldn't say SN will not medal in OLY12, anything can happen. Let's see the draw first before concluding here that SN is kaput. Also, if SN being WR5 is hopeless, and 'the gap between number 1 in the world, and number 5 in the world is completely unassailable', then really who else from the rest of the world has better or any odds against the CHN girls? Might as well fold the WS events and Fed-Ex the gold-silver-bronze to CHN.

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Helloooooo.... Did someone not get the irony memo? :cool:

4. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Dude, no idea what you are saying:rolleyes:

5. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Arr, I got it...,just too innocent to notice the fine print, you are a pro, indeed;)

6. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

:p
    I shall pretend I didn't read the last bit ;)

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Come on the gap between women singles aren't as big as in men singles.Tina, sung, sannia and rachanok do have a fighting chance to beat the top4

8. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    And boy the TOP player is so vulnerable she needs a rubber set almost always against the top foreign players to just hold on to the rankings, Wang Xin very inconsistent, LXR all rigged, manipulated and whole hearted support from the CHN team to get to clear her way and get to the rankings she is in right now.
    Olympics gives all the best chance to win... All top players would be in the quarterfinals and the rest is onto the draws... 1-2 upsets would just ease out the field for other top players till the QF level, then its the day and the draws that would play out.

9. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    CHN girls have better odds because there are 3 of them in, they are good, they play as a 'team', united to follow LYB orders to do as told to win at all cost, and that is an edge that the rest of the world does not have. But then they are first timers at OLY. If the non-CHN girls peak at the right time, anything can happen. Ar, I would like to see the draw. As for SN, she is very prepared seeing the most recent time she played, I would not bet against her.

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    ...not to mention there is no substantiation for the OP's claims, which I would have thought a seasoned guy like you would have noticed first-off.

Is there a link available where "For example, this dude or girl, Vimal Kumar (i think) as well Gopichand strongly claimed Nehwal is physically and mentally better than all the Chinese girls"? I'd like to see it, if you don't mind. Otherwise, in some parts of the world, we call it slander, especially if it is used to promote ridicule.

Just another dog-and-pony show.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hey cobalt, of course i can figure out the supposed unsubstantiated claims etc. & it's just what my post points out..:eek:

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Oh OK, sorry then ctjcad, I guess I just misunderstood your post! :( :D

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

OT : i've probably seen them all in here, all kinds of posters, members (ex-members) etc., so i can sniff the intention of their posts..

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I'm sure you can. It's unfortunate we don't have you being more active than you already are, but then I guess most of us have our real lives to live as well. (except Kwun; this is his life! :p with J's consent of course... ) Have fun in London; look forward to your pictorial diary later!

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I see IND already more than walking the talk before the Olympics. Saina taking out all the CHN WS except WYH( perhaps reserving it for the big stage?) Kashyap coolly taking out the WR3 CHN MS CL in two straight games...in just a short space of time from a small, economical team! And yes, their XD and WD would be better off to have the belief because not much is expected of them and they know their favourited opponents can lose to them because of nerves. Obviously all the CHN WS will be rote training for Saina so the other non-CHN WS should be delighted with their chances to upset. But the real problem IND is giving is that they are still improving. And the rest of non-CHN are also improving. But CHN is not. That s why LYB, the arrogant, has become unusually humble. Two golds, he said, while silently plotting for five.