Can Chong Wei bounce back?

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by Felicia_txh, May 7, 2007.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Disagree. We 'll see about that this year.

2. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    misbun is better than Li mao in coaching LCW

3. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    I disagree..when LCW is under Li mao,he plays better then nowadays!!No Li Mao,no LCW...:)

4. yuqiu

yuqiu Regular Member

Indonesia Open: Chong Wei ends title drought

14/05/07, 12:10:51

By : K.M. Boopathy

[​IMG]
    Chong Wei played superbly against second seed Bao Chunlai to win 21-15, 21-16 in 35 minutes.
    LEE Chong Wei ended his barren run in the international scene for almost a year in style by winning the Indonesia Open at the Gelora Bung Karno Stadium in Jakarta yesterday.
    Chong Wei, the joint fifth seed, played superbly against second seed Bao Chunlai of China to notch a 21-15, 21-16 win in 35 minutes.

Prior to Chong Wei’s triumph, Yong Hock Kin, in 1998, was the last Malaysian to capture the Indonesia Open.

It is evident that Chong Wei’s win over China’s Chen Hong, the former World No 1 and current World No 4, in the semi-finals, boosted his confidence as the Malaysian was all class in the final.

Chong Wei never allowed Chunlai to settle down, as he treated the crowd at the stadium to an exhilarating display of his attacking flair, especially, his deadly forehand cross-court smashes.
    That was the kind of performance which Chong Wei is capable of, but so often failed to deliver. But not yesterday,

Chong Wei ended the contest in a manner that reflects his skills, when Chunlai failed to clear the former’s delicate net shot.

A delighted Chong Wei then jumped with joy and rushed off the court to hug his coach, Misbun Sidek.

The victory was Chong Wei’s first international success since his Malaysia Open success last June, and the US$20,000 (RM70,000) that comes with the Indonesia Open title was the biggest purse of his career.

Chong Wei, in a telephone interview, thanked Misbun and his family members for having faith in him during his struggle.

"I have gone through tough times for about eight months and I’m extremely pleased to have won the Indonesia Open.

"I must thank my coach. Misbun, who has really worked hard to raise my performance," said Chong Wei.

"I also thank my family members who have been very supportive when things were not going well for me.

"This victory is a massive boost to my confidence as people have always said it is very difficult to win the Indonesia Open and I’ve done it."

Courtesy of New Straits Times

5. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    Yes, I'm agree with you. If the umpire was fair, the match could go into rubber sets.:rolleyes: