Can badminton shoes used for jogging?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by chongkiatz, Jan 20, 2020.

1. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

i never own a running shoes before since secondary school , i been wearing yonex shoes until now age 33 never try other brand shoes before , the latest shoes i owning now is SHB 03 Z mens

been wearing the badminton shoes for all training when school day

i just wonder is that very big different between running shoes vs badminton shoes for jogging?

So the last 2 week i start my jogging plan by wearing the shb03z men , it very comfortable for sure and never bring me problem , but i feel it very wasted because my jogging route is rough and i worry that my badminton shoes will be damage , so that i decide to buy a cheaper shoes for jogging and then finally i bought the asics gel kayano for around RM138 / 35USD and i sure that it's a fake shoes

after 2 season of jogging , i feel it not as comfort as my SHB03z , the feeling is like day and night , it make my leg finger blemish

Now i have 2 option , i plan to buy the Yonex power Cushion Plus Eclipsion Z to replace my Shb03z men in court , and then take the shb03z for my jogging shoes

OR , buy a yonex running shoes for jogging and continue using the shb03z in court

So i really need ur guys opinion who have jogging + playing badminton , really appreciate if u could help me out

*I Will never buy or try a fake shoes from now seriously

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

1st, indoor court shoes use much more soft rubber outsole than outdoor. The reason is to gain more grippy on smooth indoor surface rather than rough outdoor area. The downside is its durability is kinda bad, but as we scratch & push it agains smooth indoor floor, it will survive longer. Other hand if used outdoor, the sole will be eaten very fast. So with that you would expect to spend some money in regular & short time to replace it.

2nd dust, mud, & all outside material is the enemy of indoor games. Its can be dangerous for you or your friend that they might slip their feet & injury themself coz of this. Idk about your level of play, maybe it just casual happy fun games with alot of laugh & almost no running at all so you would find its not a problem for you. But please be considerate to others, you endanger others people for your act.

3. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

If you feel comfortable running with your old badminton shoes then just continue. I personally don't like running with my badminton shoes because the cushioning wasn't soft enough for the surfaces I run in. But definitely don't use your badminton shoes for both since it will wreck them real quick.

4. chongkiatz

Yup that the reason i want to buy Yonex power Cushion Plus Eclipsion Z to replace my Shb03z men in court and use SHB03z for jogging purpose , OR buying a running shoes and continue use the SHB03z at court , for sure the SHB03z i clean up all the dust and rock before entering court as i quite OCD for my shoes

5. chongkiatz

Yup , i'm planing to get new pair of shoes , either buying Running Shoes for running and stay with SHB03z , OR buy the new Yonex power Cushion Plus Eclipsion Z replace in court , then the shb03z use for jogging until it worm out

and actually i see yonex have some runner shoes around there but seen not much ppl using it hmm.....is that yonex running shoes that bad?

i'm actually doing 30-40 minutes jogging per day around 3.5-5km range , jogging for healthy purpose

6. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

but your badminton shoes will most likely have vents to let air out...won't they allow water in if you happen to step on a puddle?

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Similar to cheap badminton shoes, its less cushion, less stability, & less some more thing. So cheap running shoes is not as comfortable as the expensive one.

Im not into jogging stuff so im kinda stingy on other shoes. Get the cheap one. But lately i do rotating my badminton shoes insole. So every some times i would buy new insole for my badminton shoes, i put the old insole on either my casual shoes or my working shoes. Its much better than the default cheap shoes insole.

8. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

You're comparing apples to oranges when you are pitting up the SHB03 to a cheap running shoe. I run regularly and while the SHB is a fine shoe, I would not use that for running. Looking into spending some higher end running shoes like the Nike Invincible, this shoe will make you forget about all other shoes in terms of rebound and cushioning.

9. Chris88SG

Chris88SG Regular Member

Advisable to use shoes which are designed for its purpose. Using badminton shoes for jogging is not just wasteful and get worn out faster, it is also very risky to use it on court afterwards as all the uneven wear and fine sand and pebbles would get stuck in the soles which will reduce your foot grip on the court.