Calling all Ti-10 shuttlers

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Byro-Nenium, Dec 10, 2000.

1. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I've played with this Ti-10 racket for less than a month before i decided it wasn't suitable for me so i decided to drop it and switch back to my Carbonex rackets.

Anyone here have any general feedback on this racket?

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    An "expert's" opinion (not me!) is that this is not a model for the beginner or average player. The full potential cannot be utilised. However, professional players have rather different racquet skills.

3. Don

Don Regular Member

I use to play with a Carbonex 5 @ 23 lbs. It was nice, but I bought a ti-10 a few months ago, and I did find the transition from a shorter and traditiional racquet shape to a longer and isometric head shape hard. I have found that practicing with a head heavy squash racquet as I play squash too helps a lot with the transition. I probably won't go back to Cab racquets again, but will probably get the MP-100.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i didn't find 2U Ti 8 and 10 suit me, they were too head heavy. I do however like the 3U version better. Currently i'm using SR900 and cab20 power.

5. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Actually, Ti-10 is a very strange racquet - someone like it very much but someone dislike it very much. It is used to be my favorite racquet for sometime (until I bought the MP-100). I personally found it more powerful than a lot of other Yonex racquets.

However, to be honest, it really falls short on control and speed (in fact, it's performance is below average in these areas). That's why I switch to MP-100, at least in double, it generates similar power as Ti-10 but gives better control.

6. justin

justin Guest

Ricky,
    I don't know what you mean by control? Can you give some examples.
    For me, Ti-10 is the best one for me. Of course, I don't have the luxury of trying all kinds of rackets.
    I used Ti-8 for 1.5 years before the crash. Switched to Ti-10 and liked the power it generates. I also have a Ti-7. Although both Ti-7 and Ti-10 looks alike, I find Ti-10 more forgiving. Sometime my return is aweful on Ti-7 if I hit it out of the sweetspot, I guess, but no problem at all with Ti-10.
    One word of caution, Ti-10 frame is quite fragile. I have heard similar experience, after discovering the crack line on my frame. It looks to be more of manufacturing fault. I am still using it, because it is still the best racket for me, but dono for how long.
    I am scouting for a new racket which ideally is as powerful as Ti-10, but can last longer.
    BTW, I only play doubles.

7. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Actually I like my Ti-10 very much, I also used it in doubles (I rarely play singles). I found it pretty good unless I have something to compare with - in my cases, they are MP-100 and Cab 23. These racquets can generate more or less the same power, but I can control the shuttle more handy in drop shot, around the net or even back-hand. I guess it is probably due to the stiffness of Ti-10 makes me feel having "less control".

I've also seen quite a lot of cracked Ti-10 before, but I found my Ti-10 CN very solid - I still believe CN racquets having better quality.