cai yun disgrace

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2010' started by fifteen luv, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    The crowd were no where near that court, just to let anyone who is interested know. The seating was to the front and backs of the courts. The VIP's were up the other end by court 3 on the side. The only spectators to be on a court side.

There were only officials in that region and I think the racket missed them by a fair bit. Unless one was unfortunate in where they were stood. The racket that cleared the lighting was thrown by one of the Danish players and isn't shown in that video. It went pretty high!

The reason for him snapping was his annoyance with his own performance, he shook hands with the Danes, the service judge and the ref (sort of, kind of looked a bit awkward...), I'm not sure that clap to the crowd was sarcastic, other players did the same for the same length of time, it was just a brief acknowledgement to the Chinese fans, Lin Dan did the same and it seemed sincere.

In fact looking at the footage he didn't seem that annoyed at all :confused: not until he kicked the bag. Then after he seemed calm again.

I'm sure he is getting a fair amount of grief from the coaches/fans about this!

2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

At least he shook hands with his opponents. If he missed that out, that would be a true disgrace. Don't think too badly of him.

3. kish-mah-ash

kish-mah-ash Regular Member

that is what i call action without much thinking.and unfortunately the camera caught him red handed.

4. undeadshot

I think that kicking the bag out of frustration is better than kicking the racket in plain view of the crowd and did not bother to wait for his opponent to finish celebrating and just walk away without shaking hands.

5. Angelineayht

Angelineayht Regular Member

Student
    That's Lin Dan...

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    here we go again but i know u r new here.
    FYI, LD did walk to the net hoping to meet lcw but lcw was in a trance and needed assistant to help him get up. LD didnt bother to wait and see when lcw get helped up.:rolleyes:

7. undeadshot

Yeah, he should have waited. A red card for that, but I think the offence is worse than Cai Yun's. Cai Yun didn't do anything much compared to LD in my opinion.

8. Angelineayht

Angelineayht Regular Member

Student
    Owh..
    I see I see..

9. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Again, i believe there is anger within every one of us. the fact that he did the hand shake for the crowd and opposition showed sportsmanship. The kicking of the bag was purely aggression of the result and harmed nobody. it could of been avoided, but still offended no one

10. HicHic

HicHic Regular Member

11. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Its not too bad. At least he did not throw his racquet at his opponent's coach.

12. Kodok

Kodok Regular Member

Mr Cai Yun, do that again. I like it.

13. mindfields

mindfields Regular Member

Red card justified for behaviour but description of what happened needs to be clarified.

After doing the normal handshaking & stuff it looked like CY was going to get his stuff & leave but he ended up kicking his bag out of his box. There was no danger to anyone as there were no officials/photographers crowd anywhere near him.
    A spare Racquet flew out of the bag into empty space & hit a black curtain.

Quick diagram
    A = Audience
    V = VIP area

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

VVV
    VVV
    VVV . . . . . Court 3 . . . . Court 2. . . . .Court 1. . Kick ------>
    VVV
    VVV
    VVV
    vVV

14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Tbh, LCW was way too busy celebrating, he could have got up, shook LDs hand then continue celebrating. There's a certain amount of time I would wait if I had lost an important match, after not playing to the best of my ability.

15. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    As most people have said, and IMHO it was pretty much a none event. I thought CY played prety well, and Fu didn't play badly. The Danes played superbly, thats all.

The racket was throw mainly up in the air, and as others have said most players were doing this during the week.

The Kick - I too was pretty surprised, because there was no obvious reason for it (except or the shock of losing) but it wasn't very far, and no one is in that area. The video shows the sound people at a desk close by, but they are at least 10m away & the bag was kicked away from this.

The crowd weren't against them, except not noticeably & I was watching this match intently from directly behind the court.

All in all I have seen much worse, it ws more the surprise element as CY is usually quite calm.........

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Hmm..any reviews??..^^

..and where are your reports/reviews for this yr's AE, James??..or are you still collecting your thoughts before writing them??..:confused:

17. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Patience, I have been busy!.................

18. admirewhat

admirewhat Regular Member

as far as I remember, KKK did that last year after he showed his middle finger. Am I right? Actually it was even worse, his opponents was not celebrating but shaking hands with his partner then.

19. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I saw it. He (cai yun) did shake hands........after the DEN pair had celebrated with the fans, thrown there shirts into the crowd etc....

For me I repeat it was a non-incident, I like it, it shows he still cares.......

20. bloodwraith

bloodwraith Regular Member

That is nothing. I would have kicked Boe and Carsten instead, haha. No seriously, I don't think it was that dramatic. It just showed that he played with passion. But of course he could have controlled his anger better. Really gonna miss his passionate character, once he retires.