Cai Yanyan (蔡炎炎)

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by vozer here, Oct 22, 2019.

1. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

Born: Nov 15th 1999, Beijing, China
    Height: 1.71 m (5 ft 7 in)
    Handedness: Right

[​IMG]

2. vozer here

[​IMG]

its going wide but cai take it
    [​IMG]

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I should think it's too early or premature to open a thread for Cai Yanyan.

Even for Wang Zhiyi, I'm still considering despite her having won six titles to date, albeit all in the lower tier, namely S300/100/Int'l Challenge level, as she wasn't eligible for the higher tier events.

But now that her world ranking has risen to 30 as of today, she will be able to play the S500/750/1000 events henceforth, probably starting from next year as the registration datelines for the remaining applicable tournaments have closed.

I'll wait and see how Wang Zhiyi fares going forward, either winning one of the higher-level events or get inside the top 10 or thereabouts before dedicating a thread to her; at the very least, there must be a compelling reason for it.

Anyway, thanks for opening a thread for Cai Yanyan. Hope to see her live up to our expectations in the future.

4. vozer here

they dont need some achievements to have their own thread. Actually her ranking is already something

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Cai Yanyan is still so inconsistent, error-prone making all sorts of mistakes. She really has to improve on her basic game, build a solid foundation or she's not going anywhere.

In her match with Busanan today at the Fuzhou China Open, CYY was at sixes and sevens, once again, no matter which opponent she faced. No doubt, at age 19, there is ample time for her but the earlier she raises her game the better.

There's no shortcut, she must put her nose to the grindstone. Hope Li Mao can guide her for she has the potential.

6. Banuka

Banuka Regular Member

@Justin L @antssantss She will be removed from world rankings soon. I think we may not see her in International tournaments again. Bad luck for her as she has won two super 300 and a super 100 in very young age.