Cab 20,20-JP,20-SP,POWER,21,22,...?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Winston, Dec 1, 2001.

1. Winston

Winston Guest

What are the differences between these racquets what makes them so good?
    I've read sooo many reviews over the past 10 hours that i've lost track of everything I've read other than they are good. hehe. Supposedly a few of the cab 20's have just been repainted to make the newer cab 21's and 22's but i don't remember which versions they were again.

I'm probably just a intermediate player and i'm using the Cab 23 right now with bg-85 at M 20lb and C 22lb. But since court space here in Edmonton, Canada is extremely limited, there is almost no chance of playing singles games. I am having trouble with my defence, as it seems i always just miss the shuttle. Any reccomendations on how to improve my defence? =)
    I've tried playing with my friends Ti-6 and my defence does seem to improve slightly, but i really didn't like the feel (been using cab's for ~6 years). I think the cab 23's i'm using right now are supposed to be slightly head heavy and i feel the slight delay in the racquet as it is loaded before it starts moving. (Is this due to thinner/less stiff shaft design?) Since i don't think i can actually do anything to improve reflexes, the only other things i can think of to improve my defensive play is lots of practice (not an option for me unfortunately) or get a better racquet.
    This is where my original question comes into play. I've heard the Cab20/21/22's are more of a balanced racquet (ie slightly less power for me, but improved defence i hope) Is this assumption even correct? =)

Any replies are greatly appreciated

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I can only answer your last question. I tried the cab23 for a couple of games and I have used cab 20/22 a lot in the last few years. Your conclusion is the same as mine. The cab23 does feel like it has a slight delay.

As for defence, hold the racquet in the ready position way in front of you body with the shaft almost pointing directly to the opposite side of the court. This may help you use less racquet motion to return the shuttle (and give the feeling of faster reaction).