BWF World Junior Championships 2015

Discussion in '2015 Tournaments' started by Loh, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=98788

Korea in Tough Group: BWF World Junior Championships 2015 Draw

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - Text by Dev Sukumar | Badmintonphoto

Second seeds Korea find themselves alongside Denmark as the draw for the BWF World Junior Championships 2015 Mixed Team Championships was finalised today.

The draw was picked by lots in the BWF head office in Kuala Lumpur, witnessed by BWF Referee Anthony Linggian (Malaysia; below), who signed off the completed draw. Linggian is the Deputy Referee for the Mixed Team Championships and Chief Referee for the individual event.

The team event will be held from 4 to 8 November, followed by the individual event from 10 to 15 November this year in Lima, Peru.

[​IMG]

Korea are drawn with Denmark, Hungary, Australia and France in sub-group D1. Their corresponding sub-group (D2) has Chinese Taipei, England, Venezuela, Macau and New Zealand.

Top seeds and defending champions China, who are in sub-group A1, are drawn alongside Canada, Mexico, Sweden and South Africa. Sub-group A2 consists of Malaysia, India, Suriname, USA and Chile.

Last year’s runners-up Indonesia are in C1 with Singapore, Turkey, Colombia and Guyana, while Japan, who were semi-finalists in 2014, are in B1 with Netherlands, Iceland, Cuba and Peru.

[​IMG]

The format for the Mixed Team Championships for the Suhandinata Cup
    consists of four groups (A, B, C and D), with each group divided into two sub-groups of five teams each. Each sub-group will have round-robin matches; the sub-group winners in each group will then face each other for the right to enter the semi-finals.

The other teams fight for placings. The runners-up of each sub-group will contest for 5-8 placings; the third-placed teams for 9-12 placings, and so on.

With China placed in A1 as the top seeds and Korea in D1 as the second seeds, the ¾ seeds (Japan and Indonesia) were picked by lots and placed in B1 and C1 respectively. Then the 9/16 seeds – Canada, Netherlands, Singapore, Denmark, India, Germany, Spain and England – were placed by picking the team and sub-group by lots. The remaining teams were also placed by a similar process.

There were originally 41 teams in the competition, but Jamaica withdrew last night, necessitating a change in the draw format. Still, with 40 teams, this is the highest number of teams at the World Junior Championships.[​IMG]Group A:
    A1: China, Canada, Mexico, Sweden, South Africa
    A2: Malaysia, India, Suriname, USA, Chile
    Group B:

B1: Japan, Netherlands, Iceland, Cuba, Peru
    B2: Hong Kong, Germany, Slovenia, Italy, Guatemala
    Group C:
    C1: Indonesia, Singapore, Turkey, Colombia, Guyana
    C2: Thailand, Spain, Zambia, Costa Rica, El Salvador
    Group D:
    D1: Korea, Denmark, Hungary, Australia, France
    D2: Chinese Taipei, England, Venezuela, Macau China, New Zealand

#1 Loh, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  2. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    "Lakskya" ko har haa me paana hai.... (Song from Hindi movie meaning Target must be achieved at any cost)

3. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    Indonesia sends a weak team.
    there is no budget to send players to Peru.
    only some players from National team and some players from Djarum and Jaya Raya.
    even there is a player (Made Deya) fund herself (from family).

4. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

no Christie, Mustofa, Firman, Ginting... they don't stand a chance...

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I've never been to Peru. It seems faraway and 'exotic'. For that matter I've never been to South America, where the Rio Olympics will be held next year in Brazil.

Nowadays some privileged youngsters get to go there and why badminton in Peru, which is never known as a badminton-loving country, I'll never know. Probably they want to introduce badminton there in a bigger way, but I'll rather they display the world's young talents in a country which understands and enjoys our game.

6. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Any idea who China will be sending to the World Juniors? Probably Sun Feixiang and Ye Binghong (both boys) and Li Yun ( girl) will also be sent. In a way it is a blessing that the World Juniors are held at about the same time as the Chinese SSP. This gives China the chance to throw its juniors into the deep end of the pool, especially Cai Yanyan and Li Wenmei who are both born in November 1999. Will see if this two girls can cause some waves especially when other countries have already revealed some intimidating young prospects like Grgoria Mariksa, Yeo Jiamin and the awesome Goh Jinwei.

#6 tbgoh288, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I can't find the name lists yet though the closing date for Team Event is 29th Sep while the Individual Event is 20th Oct. However, I'm quite sure three I named form CHN will be there, and perhaps a few of those you mentioned too. http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=27553

8. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Thanks. Am very surprised that Qing Jijing has vanished from the scene. Hope she will come back soon.

#8 tbgoh288, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  9. krishan123456

krishan123456 Regular Member

student
    yes i also like to watch qin jijing her playing style is very much like tai tzu ying.

10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
  12. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    8 of the Indian juniors will graduate to the senior level. Remains to be seen how they perform once they reach there. They are shivani, kuhoo, Arjun, Chirag sen, shreyanshi, siril, ansal, Chirag Shetty. Maybe Vrushali too. I hope Chirag/Kuhoo don't waste their time with singles and concentrate on XD. They can fill the gap.
    What's your take [MENTION=115680]nilesh123[/MENTION] [MENTION=123108]Baddyforall[/MENTION] [MENTION=108195]Akin44[/MENTION] [MENTION=23081]krishnan[/MENTION]123456 and other die hard India fans, if any?

13. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I am really excited to see how Siril and Chirag performs!! Especially the former seems to be very vehemently positive
    I don't think sreyanshi or shivani can turn many eyes still hope for the best
    However yes Kuhoo has something which always shows promise to the spectators just like Sikki alas the latter hasn't done anything of significance yet..
    Can't comment on Vrushali or Ansal I personally never saw them playing so far.. Still really promising batch let's hope someone springs up from all the odds in a couple of year

14. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

[MENTION=122085]Fan123[/MENTION], Siril verma has still 2 more years. He is just 16. Born in Dec 25 1999.
    Kuhoo , Chirag sen, Shreyanshi pardesi and Vrushali has 1 more year left in junior. Born in 1998.

Our Junior MD is going in right track. Last month our u-17 MD pair has won asian title beating traditional power houses such as Indonesia, Korea and Malaysia.

That MD pair of Satwik Sairaj/Krishnaprasad Garga has taken the U-19 national title beating another promising U-19 players. That is an achievement for doubles category especially for India. Unfortunately, Satwik is not participating in this year's World juniors. Why? Anybody from india know the reason?

I expect a good performance from Ansal Yadav , Siril verma. Both are really good players. Hoping for the best from these both.

15. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Vrushalli is tall player. Nearly 6 feet. She seems to me weak and lethargic when the match extends to 3 games. Need to build the strength.

I watched Ansal yadav's one of the match against a korean player (video). Korean player was 2nd seeded. Ansal played really well. He even got 3 match point before going down. He is promising to me. Let's see how he performs.

Shreyanshi is really promising. I am expecting her to give some upset performance.

16. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Thinking of promising batches takes me back to RMVGSD. We all know how that one turned out. Still Gopi has faith in Guru

17. Akin44

Akin44 Regular Member

Techie
    Really looking forward for shriyanshi a good run here... I had some really high hopes on kuhoo in past... but she s not improving I guess... she should only concentrate on doubles...
    No words on satwik/krishna... everyone clearly said about them... Rutvika playing for years and years in world juniors... I couldn't see anything much from her except that Tata open(weak field)
    Men's singles side really smart... I'm worrying about our women's doubles side...

18. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    I will be disappointed if KG plays singles. She in fact shouldn't even play WD and concentrate solely on XD.

19. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Hmm I agree..
    This is why I said anything can happen.. I remember how promising Busanan was when she played Jr tourneys but by far she is merely a mediocre much improved lately though..
    Thanx Baddyforall I would love to watch the match you mentioned of Ansal.. Shreyanshi isn't that appealing to me though.. I watched quite of her and she doesn't stand much chances against the young players from ROW

20. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Agree.. But Chirag/Kuhoo hasn't been a standout pair even in the national camp I may be a lil harsh but their performance graph has stagnated for a while.. Chirag can be better though