BWF SUPERSERIES FINALS : Semifinal Round (15th December 2012)

Discussion in 'Super Series Final 2012' started by CLELY, Dec 14, 2012.

1. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Conceptually, the height restriction is to limit the threat when the point of contact is very high but not too restrictive to put the server at too much of a disadvantage.

The current rule creates a more uniformed service motion which is not bad but not really relevant. Depending on people’s height and the length of their legs and arms, they all have slight variations to how they execute the same shot.

While a person's height gives that person natural advantages and disadvantages, I don't see the need to give taller players an advantage at service. In fact, the service rule is the only rule that is not equal for all players, in terms of actual impact. Why not just move to a more equitable and enforceable rule.

I vaguely recall that the proposed height was about 1.2 meter. In one story, Ma Jin was very happy that this height is above her hip so she can serve from a higher position.

2. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

since we've already hijacked this thread, hope the OP wouldn't mind as the SSF is finished now.
    I would also like to propose a way to address/minimise the good and bad side of the court due to the draft/AC etc.

why can't they change sides at the mid game interval as well? not only you can catch up after you change side, also you don't have that "bad lineman" on your side for the whole game as well!

3. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Changing sides after 11 point will disrupt the flow of the game too much. Just when a player is getting used to the wind condition, it is a new situaion all over again. Although in the rubber game, this is the only fair thing to do.

BWF should make wind draft a research topic and call for help from the academic and industrial worlds.

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yeah.. Even i wondered some times, Keeping a standard imaginary line below hips, which will vary from one eye to another eye. How line referees are able to do judgement??? . There is a huge possibility of misjudgement in this regard. Hope BWF will try to look into this and come up with best solution..:)