BWF Miscellaneous Tournaments in 2019

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by minions, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Reading the situation of badminton in Vietnam, it made me wonder it had lot in common with India pre Saina Nehwal breakthrough. Prakash Padukone and Gopichand won All England but that didn't catalyse the growth of Indian badminton. Even worse, Gopichand had to mortgage his property and fight a case against state government to open his academy which is the fulcrum of Indian Badminton. And after the players started winning tournaments (SN and Kashyap), governmment started to give credit to badminton.

Situation of NTM is pitiful. Man, he stayed in top 10 for quite a time and he still has to ask for help. I think if NTM starts an academy and produces great players , then Vietnam Government will start noticing. Vietnam and India are quite alike. Football in Vietnam is same like Cricket in India. I hope Vietnam also produces good competitive players in future.

2. Baddie lover

Reading the situation of badminton in Vietnam, it made me wonder it had lot in common with India pre Saina Nehwal breakthrough. Prakash Padukone and Gopichand won All England but that didn't catalyse the growth of Indian badminton. Even worse, Gopichand had to mortgage his property and fight a case against state government to open his academy which is the fulcrum of Indian Badminton. And after the players started winning tournaments (SN and Kashyap), governmment started to give credit to badminton.

Situation of NTM is pitiful. Man, he stayed in top 10 for quite a time and he still has to ask for help. I think if NTM starts an academy and produces great players , then Vietnam Government will start noticing. Vietnam and India are quite alike. Football in Vietnam is same like Cricket in India. I hope Vietnam also produces good competitive players in future.

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  3. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    Wouldn't it be wonderful if a benefactor came up with funds to help NTM.. He is a great player and deserves all the help he can get. Li Ning should sponser him as he is a great brand name. It will get the support of the local badminton fans too

#383 antssantss, Mar 24, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  4. Griff88

Griff88 Regular Member

Made me remember what my friend told me when he interviewed Tien Minh at SG Open 2018.

He was even shocked when my friend can mention names like Pham Cao Cuong, Do Tuan Duc, Nguyen Thuy Linh. He also admitted the government did help badminton but the amount is far from enough, the young players lacked a regular exposure to international tournaments. So yeah Vietnamese talent can't really be developed with this condition.

Also he always made sure his jersey always have the Vietnamese flag. When he was provided plain jersey (like the one he wore at Singapore), he used a embroidered flag patch on his jersey to make sure he got his flag on his jersey.

5. jsteve

jsteve Regular Member

Baddie lover and stanleyfm like this.
  6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Li Shifeng avenged his previous defeat in Orleans Masters on Thomas Rouxel at the Polish Open.

Correction, thanks to gelopisan, LSF lost to Koki Watanabe, not Thomas Rouxel last week.

#386 Justin L, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  7. Baddie lover

Lakshya Sen defeats Lucas Claerbout of France in three games. This tournament has a strong MS Representation. This tournament would be a great learning experience for KV, LS, LSF.

Woaahh, just checked the draw. It will be LS vs LSF in next round tonight.

8. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Sun Feixiang catching up

9. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Too bad, one game all..

10. Baddie lover

Kunlavut is a joy to watch. I saw him do Lin Danesque trick shot.

gelopisan likes this.
  11. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Haj what a block! Geez!

12. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Nicely done, Kunlavut.

13. gelopisan

gelopisan Regular Member

Probably Wei Yaxin just joined NT..

14. Baddie lover

Kunlavut plays such a mature game beyond his age. His movement, shots all seem like a complete player. Tomorrow, the final will be a battle between two upcoming youngsters Lakshya Sen and Kunlavut Vitidsarn.

Currently h2h is 2-2 with the most recent win being for KV who beat Lakshya in two straight games in Orleans Masters last week avenging straight games loss to Lakshya Sen at India International Challenge last December.

Both of the players did well in this tournament. MS entries were quite strong consisting of some players having ranking between 50-100 seniors and juniors as well as some comeback players like SFX. Looking forward to a great match tomorrow.

15. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

There could be 10 different countries playing in the finals tomorrow.
    Still 3 more matches to play. I just predicting the scenario.

16. jsteve

jsteve Regular Member

17. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Live finals. MS is going to start.

jsteve likes this.
  18. Baddie lover

Kunlavut wins convincingly against Lakshya in two games. I think Thai National Team should give him more exposure as he's the capability to break into top 40-50 soon. His deceptions are simply awesome and he's a complete player. Regarding Lakshya, he was mostly the second best in the match and committed errors quite uncharacteristic of him. This win should motivate Lakshya more to win against Kunlavut when they meet again. Congratulations Kunlavut and good luck Lakshya.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I watched a bit of that match while searching for other livestreams. Both of them, Lakshya and Kunlavut are talented, at the moment, Kunlavut looks more promising, but as they are still young at 17, it's still too early to say who will achieve greater heights in future.

Remember, many WJCs didn't go on to become great players though they could achieve some outstanding results in their adult years. Neither Lin Dan nor LCW were world junior champs.

Baddie lover likes this.
  20. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Lakshya Sen played good in his age, but Kulavut was a youth world champion in two consecutive years. (Nobody can do that even Chen Long or Momota)
    I think that both will come to top 8 men's single in future. Lakshya Sen need to practice more

Baddie lover likes this.