Boonsak's Ascendancy

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by X Ball, May 6, 2007.

1. Linus

Linus Regular Member

Manager
    Cut and paste my post earlier so that I wont ge distracted again!

Yes all credit to Boonsak in SO to break the stronghold of the "usual suspects" in winning the MS. But to be recongnised as a force to be, he needs to win consistently. (Remember LHI of Korea who won IO 2005?) All eyes will be on Boonsak in IO this week!

2. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Ya..hope he can play well in IO like wat he did in SO..;) Go Boonsak...:)

3. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

It will be a little difficult for Boonsak to win at IO. IO has taufik and simon playing at homeground. let's not talk about skills. before playing, the Indonesian crowds already defeated Boonsak's confidence. playing in Indonesia is always very difficult. that's why taufik wins the Indonesia Open for many years while foreign players will regard it as an achievement if they win at Indonesia.

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

You must not be humble. I am here to confirm that you are NOT wrong. He has certainly worked on his fitness which used to be his weakness.(Even CHN WD zyw/wyl have bulked up and look what titles they have won!) Plus his coaches pre-match strategies are spot on; simple but effective, something for Misbun to think about.

5. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Boonsak has never beaten hafiz but he did that at Singapore open. credits to boonsak. he really improved, but he still needs to keep on improving. give this boy some time.

6. sherlyn

sherlyn Regular Member

You're not wrong at all!! i've been watching his games whenever there's live on tv and the way he played yesterday was so much different. There's a lot of runnings and sharp smashes which i've nvr saw fr him before. He usually juz left the ball if he tot it's impossible to save it but yesterday we all saw him, he's different.
    and what amazed me was.. i couldnt find him with heavy breathing throughout the match :eek:
    He's simply the iron man!! :D

7. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

First of all, congrats to Boonsak for his flawless displays against the mighty LD and CY in the final. No one should take credits away from this humble guy (he is cute too :p )

However, I doubt he will be a reckoned force in the upcoming Indo Open. Why?
    1. The venue(Indo) is very hostile, and most likely Indo players will dominate most of the events (except WS n WD).

2. Let's not forget few 'decent' players who was on "miracle" form and snatched the title for one tournament and vanished the next few tournaments, or worse, called it quit. Mr.Yoyo aka Hafiz (AE chapm), China guy (cant recall his name) who won the Olympic by beating Hendrawan, Indian guy who beat CH in AE final, etc... I think Boonsak belongs to this category though I hope I am wrong (no offence to Boonsak's fan). Anyway, who doesnt love winner? :rolleyes:

OK, lets see how he performs at IO next week. It will be interesting if he could pass round 2 (vs TH). Mind U, TH has won 4-5 IO MS titles :eek:

Sorry if my statistics are kinda inaccurate. I only enjoy the games, not the "numbers" :D

Malaysia Boleh...!!! :p

#27 jimbo, May 7, 2007
    Last edited: May 7, 2007
  8. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    It is true that the modern game gives very little room for players to maintain peak performance in 2 straight tournaments. Even Koo/Tan, though they won All-England and Swiss Open, by the time it came to Swiss Open final day, their performance had dipped a bit.

But I still hope the non-Indonesian S'pore Open finalists (winners and runnerups) can still maintain decent performance at the most "hostile" badminton environment. Survive that, and you can survive anywhere ....

9. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

that's called fighting spirit. going for the impossible. he tried very hard to return impossible smashes. this makes chen yu lost confidence. chen yu was totally lost during the final. same as xie xingfang in the final against zhang ning.

10. liying_0505

liying_0505 Regular Member

Student
    1 silly question : Does Boonsak has a new coach??????
    He is awesome during the SO final...... *Applause*

11. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

if he has a new coach, should we hire his coach too? haha.. no, his coach is still the same. the difference is, boonsak trained very hard and played his best game. nice to see him play on sunday.

12. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

right on the spot x ball... i saw him before.. he was reed thin.. i think he's now focusing more into badminton after finishing the hellish law course... :D :p

13. liying_0505

liying_0505 Regular Member

Student
    ic...thanks for the info. Just curious...... I thought he has a new coach cuz i didn't pay much attention to him. :p

14. kurama

kurama Regular Member

He is super dark horse! i was happy when he won the title.Hope he will do well in other coming tournaments!

15. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

No wonder they lost to him --- he must have threatened them with his fancy legal terms so much so they gave way to him !:) He creates an awe which allows him to dominate ! Lovely.:D

16. danielchua2

danielchua2 Regular Member

Indeed the thai has done well:)... I still remember about 2 years ago, my country's Ronald Susilo easily stepped over boonsak in the 3 times that they met. And now after the 2 years, just because of Ronald's past tendon injury and boonsak's accending abilities, Ronald was stepped over instead:crying:... But however how did he manage to do so in such a short period of about a year:confused: In my opinion, i think that it is because boonsak plays with brain and skill together while chen yu played with less brain, therefore being overpowered by boonsak. Mabye thats why he's so formidable now;)

17. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    keep on going,boonsak..show us some real badminton!

18. danielchua2

danielchua2 Regular Member

Lol...i don't really support boonsak,but for the "real badminton" part, yeah man;) However when all the professional players are already at the that level, its very hard to improve and beat other players because their skills are all about the same level... Thats where brain, confidence, mental strength comes in... And i believe that boonsak has proved himself through his tremendous display of these qualities.

19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

One wonders whether it has anything to do with his law study, that it was harder to sepnd time on both. But with law studies over (as some here claimed), he might have invested more energy in badminton and hence the great result in SO. He looks smart and plays cleverly and that may also be another reason. The most touching part was he said he would donate his winnings to his MUM. What a hero, eh !?

20. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

I am surprise that you said Ronald step over Boonsak in the past.
    The instinct to me is "Not true!".

As I have good track record on how some players fared in the past especially the top 20 players.

Before Ronald got his injury, their head to head was 1:5 with Ronald winning only 1 out of 6 meet.
    Ronald manage to change that to 2:5 in Malaysia Open.
    BUT Boonsak fine form make it 2:6 in Singapore Open.

Honestly speaking, Boonsak has always been a very good player but lack of consistency.
    His good form seem to be like a period, can be excellent in one match against a top player and crumble the next to an average player.
    This time, he won in a big event, many congratulations to him.