Boonsak Ponsana บุญศักดิ์ พลสนะ

Discussion in 'Thailand Professional Players' started by labyrinthian, Oct 20, 2004.

1. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

yes, you are right. playing consistently is important. Boonsak cannot expect to beat Lin Dan by deuce everytime. he needs to improve again in order to prove himself that he is really better than Lin Dan. everyone is eyeing on Lin Dan to lose and Lin Dan needs to maintain his composure at the top.

2. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i think beating lin dan should not be the main goal. being in the top three should be his goal. consistently reaching semi finals and finals. lin dan is number one but he is human after all. he could not win them all but he has shown that he is very consistent. so the challenge is to be as consistent as lin dan. a lot of people can beat lin dan on their good day. and lin dan can beat a lot of people on his good day. :p so i will root for boonsak just so there will be a level playing field which in turn means that the MS will be so much more entertaining.

3. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

[quote=azabaz_ipoh]i think beating lin dan should not be the main goal. being in the top three should be his goal. consistently reaching semi finals and finals. lin dan is number one but he is human after all. he could not win them all but he has shown that he is very consistent. so the challenge is to be as consistent as lin dan. a lot of people can beat lin dan on their good day. and lin dan can beat a lot of people on his good day. :p so i will root for boonsak just so there will be a level playing field which in turn means that the MS will be so much more entertaining.[/quote]

Well said. And it's good to note that some top players take it as a challenge to meet other top players because it's only then that they themselves can bring their game to a higher level.

4. shanisen3200

shanisen3200 Regular Member

Goldsmith
    I notice that on his left or right wrist there 're the yellow rubber wrist band that engrave the sentence "long lives the king"
    (all Thai players respect their king so much)

5. madturtle

madturtle Regular Member

SERIOUS? in english?

6. purpledoi

purpledoi Regular Member

Student
    Boonsak was DEFINITELY the most surprising finalist in SO. But he played so well! Hard to believe the only other event he won was...The Smiling Fish satellite in 2003?

7. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    i think the thais respect their king very much and kinda regard him like a God. if i am mistaken please forgive me. i was watching a snippet of docu about the thais and their king in youtube. and i think it is cute for him to wear those colourful bands. :D

8. tirama

tirama Regular Member

We love our King very much coz he devote himself for Thai people for 60 yrs., If you see the yellow wrist band that is one of symbol for 60 Reign of King Bhumibhol, we wear it for present we love him with hold hearted.

9. tirama

tirama Regular Member

For Boonsak he live near my house in Bkk , He is no.1 in Thailand and as you know the last tournament that he won is PumPui Sattleite 2003 . However , he still keep his ranking well :)

10. funnymei89

funnymei89 Regular Member

wowowowow....tirama...u live near boonsak??????wowoowwahahahahahha....do u talk to him????

11. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    yeah, do you like say hi if you bumped into each other outside your house? is boonsak a friendly fella?

12. funnymei89

wahaha....now everyone hunting for boonsak huh...haha....ever since the aviva....he becomes the new badminton star...

13. shanisen3200

shanisen3200 Regular Member

Goldsmith
    You're very lucky man. You 've a true king.:eek:

Is BP friendly? or TingTong(This word I learned from my Thai friend when I work in BKK):D :D

14. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

too bad, boonsak lost in IO. it shows he still needs to improve.. with continous improvement, then he can be consistently good in his game..

15. funnymei89

actually i feel the super series is damn stupid...the players fight n fight...not yet even have a good rest then need to fight...its not fair actually for the finalist in aviva...cos the losers get to rest earlier..the winnners overdose...its really tiring...who did this super series thingy??i feel boonsak is really tired..and cth lww

16. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    i think in the super series format, nobody will be able to perform up to mark all the time for every tournament. we have seen top players being disposed of in the early rounds. now, more than ever, i feel ok with my fav players not winning certain tournaments. it is really a level playing field. with stamina playing a bigger role unlike before where a more experienced and mentally superior players have been conquering the tournaments. now, we cannot judge a player if they exit in the early rounds. and we really cant expect them to win back to back a lot of times. boonsak must be tired after the hard fought matches in singapore. i think they injure themselves a lot more too. which is a bit worrying. maybe even lin dan felt the pressure of performing well in all tournaments. :cool:

17. $100 Dreams

$100 Dreams Regular Member

this may be a bit negative, sry to boonsak fans.

i've supported boonsak for a very long time but he hasn't won anything for a very long time.. haha.. until i stopped feeling heartbroken when he kept losing and was ok if he lost. IT was great on him to win the SO!! Congrats again and again!! and he lost in IO, which is ok too.. haha.. Yay boonsak, you're the man!!

18. funnymei89

actually he is really the man!!!!yiha!!!!any nice pics WITH boonsak??

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Poor old Boonsak

Only just last week, you were the flavour of the week. Now, after the IO, you are almost forgotten.

I guess it is true, people in general loves winners.

20. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Trikus, Vic, P'Man and...
    Pic from 2007

Attached Files: