Blibli INDONESIA Open 2018 : Round of 32-FINAL (03-08 July)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I believe Conrad was having a time of his life regardless. Imagine to be allowed to behave like an immature brat against another immature brat. And then tried to get that other brat down with everything he could think of. He played like he never had before. Both him and Kolding I am pretty sure. It was a really great match between the two pairs actually if you could overlook the dramas.

Griff88 likes this.
  2. Woman.in.Red

Woman.in.Red Regular Member

Enjoying life
    IMG_20180706_233734.jpg
    IMG_20180706_233730.jpg

At least Indonesian supporters treat Kolding nicely in Instagram

#682 Woman.in.Red, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    j4ckie likes this.
  3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

He probably only warned them that this kind of bad behaviour warrants a black card and they'd get one if they repeated it, an understandable sentiment. What I dont understand is why he didnt just give one when it was justified, and instead chose to let them continue and then warn them after. Direct feedback is more efficient in raising 3 year-olds, after all.

Firstly, there is no video evidence for rackets touching the shuttle, so even if there is a replay, that's for the viewers' benefit only and has no bearing on the match and calls.
    Secondly, I didnt see anyone clearly touching the shuttle, but that's because it wasn't shown at all on the BWF stream. I don't know whether or not Mads Conrad touched the shuttle, but no matter what actually happened in that situation, KSS' reaction was unacceptable. Period.

Actually no, Mads was angry at KSS for smashing the shuttle at his partner, risking injury (if he had hit him in the face), when it was quite unnecessary. Even without the fault call, he could have smashed much further from Mads Kolding's face, who was not trying to block the shot or get in the way of the shuttle in any way.

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Of course they do because Markus/Kevin won. :p
    Can't imagine what they would do to Kolding's Instagram account if minions had lost.

skhai91 likes this.
  5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That's nice to see. Always annoying to see such a calm person be mistreated by others, when they didn't warrant such behaviour at all...at least he gets some nice comments to go with it

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Quite the reflection on their personality then, as his behavior would have been no different....didnt warrant any sort of negative reaction either way :D

7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah.. I felt sorry for Kolding the whole match. Marcus too actually (always). They were just being dragged along.
    It was always only between Kevin and Conrad. Those two need to grow up:D

Yupe. Well in their mind, Kolding is the partner of Conrad so he is 'involved'. Remember they praised and treated Liu Yuchen nicely after they lost to minion, but bombarded him after they won the match against Ahsan/Setiawan. :rolleyes:

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I have had that happen to me. I was lucky it didn't go into my eye. It was also totally unnecessary. My initial thought was to smash my fist into the other person's face so I can understand if that situation happened.

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I don't know whether it has happened in badminton before, but in other sports or industries people have lost sponsorships over bad behavior (Tiger Woods or Connor McGregor being examples that spring into my mind, although they had very different behavioral issues than Kevin :D)

10. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    Well, he's no cheater for sure. The Danes behave all high and mighty but still try to cheat, that's kinda low .. man

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I didn't see Conrad behaving poorly...? Please point out a time in case I missed it...
    Regarding the level of play, I thought Kolping played really poorly from the second game interval onwards. Lots and lots of errors, and very shaky defence.

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I have both gotten smashed at painfully and have had a (soft) kill attempt go into my eye - lets just say I'll be quite miffed if an opponent hits me in this kind of situation, and with a full smash to boot...

13. Woman.in.Red

Enjoying life
    Not the same case in the Indonesian Master. Li Junhui was the target :D

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Again with the Cheater accusation....so far I haven't even seen proof that Mads Conrad touched the shuttle, much less that he actually noticed. Feel free to come up with the latter, btw. I must have touched hundreds of shuttles with my racket without feeling it, sometimes I hear it, sometimes I don't. I really don't think one can reasonably assume Mads noticed touching the shuttle when the alleged contact wasn't even visible to the umpire.
    Sadly the scene wasnt shown clearly on the BWF stream so I can't judge for myself whether or not he touched it in the first place.
    Additionally, at least they didn't step onto the opponents' side of the court, or make disparaging gestures to their opponents, someone with the behavioral control of an angry child should be a bit more careful before distributing judgement on other people's behavior and/or character.

#694 j4ckie, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    visor, Cunning Linguist and lurker like this.
  15. lurker

lurker Regular Member

well worded.
    I was looking forward to any video clips tht showed exactly tht. None so far

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I always hate fan bases that have to react to results in such a manner. It's so uncivilized as well, holy hell.....I was incredibly disappointed when LCW lost the 2011 WC and 2012 OG finals to LD, yet how would I hold that against LD, much less take to his social media to harass him? I see similar behavior to what you describe happening in CS, where Brasilian fans quite frequently harass non-Brasilian players....it's gotten to the point where players actively avoid events there, I wonder if it's possible something like that will happen in badminton with Indonesia....this isn't the first time Danes have been harrassed by Indonesian fans when playing in Indonesia either...
    Just to be quite clear, before anyone jumps to conclusions, of course not ALL fans are like this. It's just that elsewhere there are almost none at all who do this kind of thing, while there appear to be quite a lot in the aforementioned countries. I'm rather curious what's at the root of this, I really have no clue. And please dont answer me that it's the passion for the game :D :D

17. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

When going for a finishing shot, it can be an instinct that is already committed to a return rather than delibrately at an opponent.

18. Woman.in.Red

Enjoying life
    If they can harass Indonesian badminton players (which is quite often), no need to imagine what they can do to other countries' athletes.

19. Woman.in.Red

Enjoying life
    I see that Kevin sometimes already made a move even before his opponent hit the shuttlecock. I think it's just his reflect.

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I guess sometimes a language barrier is a good thing :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.