Bitburger Luxembourg Open 2006: Day 1 (25/10)

Discussion in 'Denmark Open / Dutch Open 2006' started by badMania, Oct 24, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Today is the first day of main draw and there's a couple of interesting matches. Here's the selected ones for today.

MEN'S SINGLES ROUND OF 64
    Jean Michel Le-Fort vs Tommy Sugiarto
    Ronald Susilo vs Vladislav Druchenko

MEN'S DOUBLES ROUND OF 32
    Rian Sukmawan/Eng Hian vs Chen Long/Gao Huan
    Julian Hristov/Kai Waldenberger vs Hendra A. Gunawan/Joko Riyadi

WOMEN'S SINGLES ROUND OF 32
    Adrianti Firdasari vs Maria Ioannou
    Maria Kristin Yulianti vs Maja Tvrdy

WOMEN'S DOUBLES ROUND OF 32
    Rani Mundiasti/Endang Nur Sugianti vs Sabrina Jaquet/Corinne Joerg

MIXED DOUBLES ROUND OF 32
    Kristoff Hopp/Birgit Overzier vs Devin Lahardi/Yunita Tetty (MATCH OF THE DAY) -- a tough opening match for the INA pair. If they can get pass this round, they might go all the way.

Hendra A. Gunawan/Endang Nur Sugianti vs Daniel Shirley/Joanna Quay Swee Ling

#1 badMania, Oct 24, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

First positive result: Devin Lahardi/Yunita Tetty have beaten Kristof Hopp/Birgit Overzier 21-18, 23-21.

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Tommy Sugiarto beat Jean-Michel Le Fort 21-16, 21-18. The French player was leading 16-12 in the second set before losing the match.

In the mixed, Hendra A. Gunawan/Endang Nur Sugianti have lost to Daniel Shirley/Joanna Quay Swee Ling as expected 12-21, 18-21.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Ronald Susilo has beaten Vladislav Druchenko 21-11, 21-15.

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Adrianti Firdasari thrashed Maria Ioannou 21-2, 21-8. She's likely to face a tough match against Xu Huaiwen tomorrow.

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Maria Kristin Yulianti followed her team mate's path and progressed to the next round after beating the seeded player Croat player 21-13, 21-13. She will meet Li Sen of China tomorrow.

7. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    thankz for the results!!

8. Jan_BE

Jan_BE Regular Member

IT Support Desk
    bitburger open is in Germany :)

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

All the other INA pairs have progressed as well.

In the MD, Hendra A. Gunawan/Joko Riyadi beat Julian Hristof/Kai Waldenberger 21-6, 21-15. They will be severely tested tomorrow in the match of the day against Hendri Kurniawan Saputra/Hendra Wijaya. Even Kido/Hendra ALWAYS have difficulty in beating the Singaporean brothers! Kido mentioned to me that playing Hendri/Hendra is indeed very tough!

Meanwhile, the Djarum pair Rian Sukmawan/Eng Hian beat Chen Long/Gao Huan 21-17, 21-9. They should not have a problem beating an unknown French pair tomorrow. I think they have a high chance of becoming champions yet again!

In the WD, Rani Mundiasti/Endang Nur Sugianti saw off the Swiss pair Sabrina Jacquet/Corinne Joerg 21-18, 21-8.

10. byelnats

byelnats Regular Member

Yes! Good to hear the Indonesian teams are doing well. The XD pair of Devin/Tetty beat the German Pair (?).

Btw, BadMania, is it true that Hendra A.G/Joko are actually faster than Kido/Setiawan. Boy, they must be almost like lightning. Thank's also for all the info. I can't get any information here except for this website about Indonesian's progress.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hmm (correct me if i'm wrong), but aren't the 4 of them used to be teammates(at least from Pelatnas)??..sparring and playing against each other essentially every single day.;) .if so, then they must be quite familiar with each other's playing styles and instincts(strengths & weaknesses)..;) :)

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I am not sure...Hendri and Hendra could have been Pelatnas rejects :cool: Sandy probably knows this better since he's more familiar with the junior and ex-Pelatnas players.

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

That could be true...but as young pairs always have problems (and that includes Kido/Hendra) when playing against senior pairs who realise that they can slow the speed down and play with placements instead! That was also why Hendra A.G./Joko lost to Albertus Susanto Njoto/Yohan Wiratama Hadikusumo in the Phil Open Final! Hendra/Joko took the first set in double quick time...but...the HK pair found a way to neutralize them and won the match eventually :cool:

14. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

in year 1997-98, Hendry Kurnia Saputra played for INA national junior team with his twin brother Wandry K.S. INA Jr team at this time were Arif Rasidi (now play for FRA), Endra Kurniawan, 2 twin double pair Hendry/Wandry K.S. and Deny Setiawan/Dony Prasetyo (no Alvent Yulianto in this time also Taufik didn't play in Junior). In girls are Atu Rosalina, Chung Siang, Vita Marissa, Eny Widyowati & Eny Erlangga.

in AJBC, INA won in boy's team and mixed double by Hendry K.S./Eny Erlangga (not strange that he played well in mixed). I think PBSI made big mistake in Pelatnas recruitment with a player/pair quote in every category. They wasted Chung Siang (I think she more promising than Atu, she tall & bigger and ever beat older player Judith Meulendijks in Jakarta Open) also they prefered to choose Deny/Dony to Pelatnas. They also keep recruited some older players more than 20 y.o to Pelatnas :rolleyes:

Hendry & Wandry moved to Singapore then (Ronald Soesilo already play there), Deny/Dony also played for Singapore then in few times.

Hendra Wijaya played for Singapore since very young (maybe 15 or 16 y.o), he played for Singapore in WJBC 2002 and he never played for INA.

Both Hendry Kurnia Saputra an Hendra Wijaya weren't rejected Pelatnas player.

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Thanks for this valuable information. I am really impressed by your knowledge of the junior players, even from the late 1990s :eek:

I haven't even heard of some of the names here like Chung Siang :cool:

I know of Deny/Dony, who I think moved to SG later on.

Hmm...but I thought Hendri and Hendra are twin brothers? Loh always keep referring to them as the twins :cool:

16. Yudhi

Yudhi Regular Member

Student
    Hendri's twin brother is Wandri, in Yogyakarta now doing business.
    Hendra is younger brother of his :):):)

17. Yudhi

Yudhi Regular Member

Student
    Heard from a reliable source that Hendry only recruited to pelatnas for mix, however dad wanted him to play double with Wandri. That's why they opt for Singapore instead.

18. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

correction, I mean Endra Ferianto

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A bit off topic...

..yes, thank you Sandy for sharing all those informations....wow, you must've been a very close follower of PBSI/Pelatnas during that time period...Explains also why Taufik had some sort of an inclination to bolt to S'pore in the early part of this decade(as he saw other players also chose to go there)...:rolleyes:
    Also from your report, it's too bad PBSI/Pelatnas weren't able to recruit or keep all those players..But perhaps, at that time, there weren't any needs to recruit those players (as they still had Rexy/Ricky and then of course Tony, Halim, Candra, Sigit and others on their way up)...:rolleyes: :p ;) :cool:

#19 ctjcad, Oct 27, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A bit off topic..

..thank you also Yudhi for the information....So from your first post, does that mean Hendra *and* Hendri are indeed, in real life, brothers/siblings??..:confused: :rolleyes: ;)

#20 ctjcad, Oct 27, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2006