Bitburger Badminton Open GPG 2016 - Qualifications to Finals

Discussion in 'French Open / Bitburger Open 2016' started by Justin L, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A battle of wits won by He Bingjiao

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

2 MP to He Bingjiao

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Done, what a victory by He Bingjiao !

She is forcing me to look at her differently, I honestly thought she lacks the stamina to prevail.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

GC calls it wonderful badminton

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

From this match, I daresay a fresher and fitter He Bingjiao is formidable.

6. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    can't believe i'm watching my classmate's brother playing

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Also worthy of note is that He Bingiao without her regular coach with Xia Xuanze only standing in today and not saying much, is able to think on her feet.

8. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Shi Yuqi vs Sourabh Verma is gonna be a cracker. Sourabh is playing awesome and probably better than sameer, at this point of time. But i also believe Shi will raise his game level tomorrow. My heart says Shi will win but I'd still bet on Sourabh because he is hungry for a big win and is playing great.

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

FINALS (02.00pm) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...9AE50C-EF33-4E21-9404-098D0142984C&d=20161106

China will be represented with same players who appeared in Paris last week, we'll see whether they can repeat the successful story here. Rest of the world have the remaining final slots, THA (WD & WS), GER (MD), MAS (MD), IND (MS) and ENG (XD).

WD, Chen Qingchen/Jia Yifan (CHN) v Jongkolphan Kititharakul/Rawinda Prajongjai (THA)
    H-2-H : 2-0 / WR : 13 v 16
    An ideal final where top two seeds face off in last round. Both finalists had difficulty to overcome their semifinal opponent, two-time World Junior champion Chen/Jia dropped first game against Indonesians Nuraidah/Pradipta. Earlier match the well-improved Kititharakul/Prajongjai needed longer time to dispose Chinese combination Huang DP/Li YH. Chen/Jia are favoured to nail back to back triumphant after previous week French Open Superseries.

MD, Michael Fuchs/Johannes Schoettler (GER) v Ong Yew Sin/Teo Ee Yi (MAS)
    H-2-H : 0-0 / WR : 30 v 45
    The last tournament for Michael Fuchs and he will be determined to end this tourney with his partner with happy ending. They had tough opening round against Indian pair Dewalkar/Kona then rubber games to eliminate English pair Nottingham/Towler at last sixteen and another hard battle to topple more favoured Danish pair Astrup/Ramussen in last four. Their final hurdle will be the underdogs Malaysian Ong YS/Teo EY who knocked out Huang/Wang in quarterfinal and stunned 4th seed Chen HL/Wang CL last night.

WS, He Bingjiao (CHN) v Nitchaon Jindapol (THA)
    H-2-H : 1-0 / WR : 10 v 19
    The left-handed Chinese was pushed to the limit by the in-form Thailand number two Busanan Ongbamrungphan in semifinal, 16-18 down at decider world number #10 He BJ took the momentum and grab five points in a row and clinched the victory, 21-18. She will up against another Thai player, the more experienced Jindapol who surprised her compatriot second seed Pontip in quite quick games. Jindapol looked shaky to down her opponent at three previous round.

MS, Sourabh Verma (IND) v Shi Yuqi (CHN)
    H-2-H : 0-1 / WR : 57 v 16
    China future leading MS, Shi Yuqi booked second final in two consecutive tournaments that needs strong stamina and high fitness level. In semifinal, Shi was trailed behind 4-10 at second game against Sameer Verma, but this young man wasn't panic and stayed calm to focus into the game, catched up slowly and sealed the victory, 21-15. He will find another Indian hurdle at finale, the unseeded Sourabh Verma who performed excellent along this tournament including created big upset to eliminate home favourite Marc Zwiebler in last eight. Verma outwitted Danish teen Anders Antonsen in last four, close contest in second set but at critical moment Antonsen had service fault and made uncharacteristic error.

XD, Chris Adcock/Gabrielle Adcock (ENG) v Zheng Siwei/Chen Qingchen (CHN)
    H-2-H : 0-2 / WR : 0-2
    It's hard to believe these Chinese new sensations always reach final stage since AUS Superseries last June but they did it, a spectacular result that reflecting to their current world ranking at number 5. Tough task for English pair to stop the young and dangerous but Chen Qingchen has two finals here that still demanding extra stamina. Zheng/Chen had easy path en route to last round, they're too strong for their rivals. The Adcocks had hard times to defeat Chinese pair Wang YL/Huang DP in last eight, they also had tight battle in second game to tame Malaysian Tan/Lai.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A test of endurance and mental strength for all the CHN Finalists, five tournaments in two months, the last three back-to-back, amazing; in particular Chen Qingchen who's practically doing double duty all the time, phenomenal.

That the same four representatives can come thus far is itself a remarkable achievement for the youngsters, bodes well for them and Team CHN. Whether they can cap it with another victory each is not the most important but such an experience should no doubt stand them in good stead in future to scale greater heights.

The next time even if they have to deal with one long,grueling battle after another, all three-setters in a war of attrition, from the opening match to the ultimate in any single tournament not back-to-back, I believe they will be able to cope with the physical and mental demands. Way to go.

11. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Sourabh verma's fourth final in as many tournaments he participated in the last two months . He is vulnerable physically compared to young chinese players. Shi Yuqi has advantage to capture the title here.

nilesh123 likes this.
  12. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    I have a feeling they should slow down a bit. They are exerting themselves too much, especially CQC. Not good for a long term, though short term results are good.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

They should do that before the finals, now that it's the last lap, the final stretch, I suspect they'll be tempted to give it a go. But I hope they don't take unnecessary risk or pushed themselves too hard, after all it's only a GPG, except that they are still young and inexperienced, not sure if they know how to strike the right balance.

In my opinion, all the non-CHN opponents have a fighting chance, the Adcocks and Sourabh Varma more than the rest. In WD, I think Jia Yifan is not as fatigued as Chen Qingchen who's half spent, and He Bingjiao surprised me yesterday with her reserves of energy and fighting spirit and I hope her skills can make up for her overstretched stamina as she's also half spent. Just saying.

Fully agree with you on the prudent need to think of the long-term goals over short-term results.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Qingchen is a superb all-rounder, though stronger at the front court, trying to pin her to the back doesn't work for the Thais

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Jia Yifan is brave to try the flick serve at such a crucial moment at 19-all...

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Very sporting of Jia Yifan to invite the Thai girls on to the winner's podium for photo-taking and putting her hand round Jongkolphan's shoulder.

17. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Bunch of unrecognizable names. Huh...Came here to see if CL or LD are playing.

BA- BYE.

18. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I think u should go n watch Chen Yufei vs GJW instead. It's do or die for the Mal team

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For those of you who're interested, Che Yufei is playing Goh Jin Wei now at the WJC Mixed Team Championships. I've posted the youtube link at the relevant thread.

20. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Justin, since the BWF live stream is not for my nation (bitburger, WJC works). I got hola which nation's proxy should I use