BG66 Brilliant

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Junye, May 15, 2019.

1. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    a brilliant sound!

...apparently haha

Junye and MoonJogger like this.
  2. MoonJogger

MoonJogger Regular Member

lol

that's what I expect

3. MoonJogger

So, I have tried this string (BG 66 Brilliant) on Yonex Duora 55 with 27/29 tension.
    And for comparison, I also had my Yonex Astrox 55 with BG 85 with the same tension and 1 week old. (BG 85 is my long time favorite string, but for the last 1 year I've been trying Aerobites)

When I got it back from my stringer, I felt the string is not loud when I hit it with my palm. The ping and ring are definitely NOT there, but I guess it's just my feeling and gotta wait until I can try it on the court.

But when I got to try it on the court, it was really disappointing. The string didnt produce a "brilliant" sound for start, and the repulsion was really bad, just like playing on a dead string. I didnt have to compare with my other racket, as the difference is very apparent.

It could be a bad batch or a bad stringjob, I dont think the racket was the issue as it was ok with aerobites in it. The stringer is the one who string almost all my rackets for the last couple years, and his stringjob never fail me. So it could be a bad batch, I wont buy a new one for the sake of trying.

Moon

#23 MoonJogger, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    Rob3rt and llrr like this.
  4. llrr

llrr Regular Member

How does the texture of the string feel? Did it move much during playing? Besides the dead feeling, how was the repulsion and control?

5. Curvy

Curvy Regular Member

Is this only available in Indonesia now? Or because Sunrise have their HQ there that's why? Any JP variant heard?

6. MoonJogger

The texture is less rough than the bg85 and aerobites, a bit similar to bg98 if I recall.

The sound AND repulsion that give the dead string feeling, I had to give alot more effort to clear from back to back of the court.

As for the control, im not really a control player, but my friend try it and he said the control is almost the same to bg66, but definitely worse than bg66um

Sent from my SM-A750GN using Tapatalk

7. MoonJogger

I dont know about the availability. Sunrise haven't sold this string anywhere, but there are some seller in indonesian local online store that sell this string (not official yonex).

No JP variant heard yet

Sent from my SM-A750GN using Tapatalk

8. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Maybe not a brilliant string to have at all. Sticking to my aerosonic and Z66FP for now

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

MoonJogger likes this.
  9. Curvy

Curvy Regular Member

New video starring Taufik Hidayat. He love it and Yonex (of course for the endorsement fees). Touted to be 100% in everything and 142% percent in hitting sound!

10. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Ahahaha. Any endorser would love the products they're supposed to sell.

Sent from my JSN-L22 using Tapatalk

11. Super85

Super85 Regular Member

142% is the new 110% :D

12. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Seeing them going at it.... looks like going to be an SP special again.

This seems to be trying to succeed the extremely old and yet still extremely popular BG66.

shreyas666 likes this.
  13. Curvy

Curvy Regular Member

BG66 Sharp was fine. Even if it's a SP special it's fine as long as inaccessible to CH.

shreyas666 likes this.
  14. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Have you seen the grey market of SP and TW codes in China, to the extent warranty can exist with some arrangements, along with the richer Chinese demanding JP codes only from head to toe....

Hong Kong is a mega entry point.

15. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

It's called a "pull strategy". Instead of Yonex trying to sell its product to all retailers, Yonex is advertising its new product. Now with social media the effect is even bigger, while it costs much less. Customers see the advertisement and ask at the retailers for this new product. When the demand is high enough retailers will take the product from Yonex.

Curvy, Okaharu and Super85 like this.
  16. Curvy

Curvy Regular Member

Aware of that. That's why i hope it is inaccessible to them. They should just stick to their trusted CH codes. The consensus there is that CH are trust worthy and SP are full of fakes while the rest of the world thinks otherwise as usual. However recently i realised they have a point after seeing SP fakes widespread in Malaysia. But these fakes could have originated from China :D

17. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

That happened on me too. 25/ 27 with my astrox 77 and lining n9ii. It has very bad repulsion and just like dead string.

Very disappointed.

18. mizivincible

mizivincible Regular Member

Im a 66U user at 29lbs. Gave the 66B a try yesterday @29lbs on vtzfII. I dont really notice the hitting sound but it played similar to the ori 66.

Long story short

66U has better repulsion, 66B has better hold feel. In term of hardness BG80>BG66F=BG66U>BG66B>BG66>BG65

Again this is my experience your mileage might vary. And after this I might probably switch back to 66U. Or go 1lb higher to emulate the 66U.

19. kyruszai

kyruszai Regular Member

most prob case is yonex trying to re promote BG66 to countries out of Asia continent with a new facelift namely BG66 Brillant

20. kyruszai

kyruszai Regular Member

most prob case is yonex trying to re promote BG66 to countries out of Asia continent with a new facelift namely BG66 Brillant