Bf.com meeting at S'pore Open

Discussion in 'Singapore / Indonesia / Malaysia Open 2003' started by Fourcas, Jul 27, 2003.

1. carol

carol Regular Member

Re: whahah

haha...this fan club is very very new just formed up this yr....interested fans you can visit SBA's website for detail...cheers !!!

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Re: whahah

You mustn't miss the Semi Finals (23rd Sat) at least. Relax a bit and watch the world's best badminton players in action!

Carol's S'pore Fan Club is meant to support/cheer the S'pore players. Therefore it maybe in conflict with supporters from overseas. We have had responses from Fourcas and Hamz to meet with us, Kaffie & company, on Sat 23 morning, maybe to have a badminton game &lunch before we adjourn to the SIS (Indoor Stadium) in the evening to watch the SF. Hopefully JR will be playing and we can meet him there for our pics! Fourcas is going to buy a new digital camera from S'pore to capture all the action! Right Fourcas?

Still trying hard to put things together and Kaffie has been very helpful and I hope we can meet and have a good time. Any BF members are welcome to join us, from overseas, esp. Malaysia and S'pore.

See you all next week at the Spore Open. Cheers!!!

3. Fourcas

Fourcas Regular Member

Student
    Just to confirm. I am getting a digital camera to shoot some pictures and and film some bits. hopefully i can get a fully charged batteri to go with the camera....

Looking forward to meeting you all.

4. carol

carol Regular Member

Hi Fourcas,

I got to know from Sistic's website that photography, audio and videao recording are not allowed for this Singapore Open...but think you can still bring it along for photo taking outside the stadium...

5. Pebulutangkis

Pebulutangkis Regular Member

Student
    i'm going to QF, SF & finals. If there is indo player on court u can find me with a big indonesia flag!

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Make sure you sit opposite the camera so we can see you on TV on finals day.

Don;t worry if there are no Indonesian finalists - wave the flag anyway:D

7. unregistered

unregistered Regular Member

hmmm

so u guys meeting?? hey carol.. do u know whens the trials if theres one for sba?

8. Pebulutangkis

Pebulutangkis Regular Member

Student
    there will be flandy/eng hian in the final anyway........ btw they both signed my flag last yr.... maybe i'll wear the indo team shirt..... commentator might mistake me for one of the youth players who got knocked out :D

#28 Pebulutangkis, Aug 20, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2003
  9. carol

carol Regular Member

Re: hmmm

Hi,

Haven't hear anything for this year yet....if you want to know can email SBA to check.

10. Raphy

Raphy Regular Member

Bad photos

Hi guys...
    If you can't take photos inside the hall.. I can !
    So, if you want, you can always contact me through the press centre (ask for the only French guy there) and I'll come up to make a team photo of the new fan club that I'll send you then !
    How's that ?
    All the best
    Raphael
    www.badmintonphoto.com

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    The BF Fan Club

Hi Raphael

I think on Sat, 23 Aug, when the Semi-Finals are played, we will go to the SIS press centre and ask for a French gentleman who answers to the name of Monsieur Raphael, to take this historic pic for us. Hopefully JR is available to join us.

That is if the service is provided FOC! Right guys? Fourcas, Hamz, Kaffie, we better thank Raphael in advance before he changes his mind.

Incidentally, Raphael, we wish to extend an invitation to you to join us in a badminton game on that Sat morning from 9.30 - 11.30 am if you can make it. We know the timing is a bit tight as the SF will be played from 2 pm. onwards.

Btw, last evening was the first time that I had to endure such a lengthy proceeding for a badminton event which lasted well past 2.30 am the next morning from 9 am the previous morning! Too many entries and rubber games had made it rather time-consuming for the organisers, the players and the spectators alike. We will need to catch up on our sleep when the Finals are over by 24 Aug.

See you soon Raphael!

#31 Loh, Aug 20, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2003
  12. legal strike

legal strike Regular Member

Re: The BF Fan Club

Btw, last evening was the first time that I had to endure such a lengthy proceeding for a badminton event which lasted well past 2.30 am the next morning from 9 am the previous morning! Too many entries and rubber games had made it rather time-consuming for the organisers, the players and the spectators alike. We will need to catch up on our sleep when the Finals are over by 24 Aug.

i think the player should throw their 2nd game if they lose the 1st, haha just the what the Chinsese are doing then we will not have rubber set.

13. unregistered

hmm

ya ill be there on the SFs !!!! hehe anyone meeting anyone?

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Photo shoot of BF fans at S'pore Open

Calling all Spore BF fans!!!

Kaffie (S'pore), Hamz (M'sia), Fourcas (Denmark) and me will be meeting on Sat, 23 Aug, on Semi-Finals day to get Raphael to take pics of us. (Raphy, we assumed you have agreed.) We will like all of you to join us for this historic event. Could one of you volunteer to create a big banner or a few single cardboards with the "BF.Com" lettering prominently written or printed on it/them.

Perhaps for a start the following names should at least make up our Singapore contingent. Of course, our M'sian friends are welcome to join us if you are at the Indoor Stadium for the SF.

* legal strike (Strike while the iron is hot!),
    * unregistered (good that you can put down your books and relax just for a few hours!),
    *Carol (I didn't see nor hear the S'pore Fan Club making a strong pitch for Ronald Susilo, so you are needed for this pic as perhaps the sole lady representative of the BF),
    * Pebulutangkis (Sorry lah, Taufik and Sony not available, but Mahardi Wiempie got in at Xia's expense. Hidup Indonesia!),
    * Swijaya (longing to get your response!)
    * Modious (good try, but almost impossible to get you out of NS. Hope you enjoy "Army Craze")

You can contact me on my handphone 91790791 on the day itself.

See you!!!

15. unregistered

erm

ill be there ard 2.30 or 3 like that......... where u guys meeting? at the meeting place main entrance? or ticket booth.

16. carol

carol Regular Member

Re: Photo shoot of BF fans at S'pore Open

haha....we're down there everyday just that we're too scattered as our members arrived in different time...also i don't dare to put up my fan club banner and boards think is too big probably will block others view...

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    looking forward to the pics.... hint. hint... ;)

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Singapore Open Final Day!

At long last, the S'pore Open is over after six long days and a record 18 continuous hours for the second day, Round 1 and 2, starting from 9 am on Wednesday till past 3 am the next day! The IBF must now revise the relevant rules to ensure this does not happen again as this is rather unfair to the organisers, the spectators and the players in particular! An extra day would have solved the problem.

There were some upsets along the way but in general the champions in three events were more or less largely predicted. The exceptions were for the MD when the recent WC champs, Jonas Rasmussen & Lars Paaske, lost out tamely in straight games to their Danish compatriots, Jens Eriksen & Martin Lundgaard Hansen, who were seeded number one for this Open. I was sitting close to the court and was shouting "JR, JR" to try to lift the spirits of our fellow BF member but to no avail. Maybe the JE & MLH team was too experienced to be outfoxed by the younger pair, having trained with them all too often.

Also the WD found a new champion pair in number 5 seed, Yang Wei & Zhang Jiewen who beat 2nd seed, Gao Ling & Huang Sui in 3 hard-fought games. They deserved to win as they also eliminated no. 1 seed, Wei Yili & Zhao Tingting in the Semi Finals. Chen Hong, Zhang Ning, and the Korean XD pair of Kim Dong Moon & Ra Kyung Min were eventual winners although Chen Hong (#1) was stretched to the rubber by countryman, unseeded Chen Yu, who played splendidly throughout this tournament.

The BF.com comrades had their own "meet" on Semi Finals morning at my club. The young pair of Fourcas (Denmark) and Kaffie (S'pore), whose combined age is around 55, took on the veterans of Hamz (M'sia) and Loh (S'pore), total age slightly below 100, and almost 'killed' the oldies who did not possess the "crafty tricks" that so many posters had alluded to. We managed to pull back one game and forced our young compatriots to go all out in the rubber in a rather tight finish before we finally succumbed! Hopefully we will have a revenge game at another Open elsewhere sometime.

In the evening at about 6.30, after JR won his MD match against the M'sian pair of Choong & Lee, we took a pic together. "Unregistered" went back a little earlier at 5 pm and missed the occasion!

Fourcas took all the necessary pictures and we are all looking forward to seeing them in the Forum soon.

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Loh, again thanks for the excellent report!

glad to see that you guys have tons of fun. next time i go watch the early round of a big tourney, i will make sure i bring a nice inflatable mattress. :)

on the other hand, sad to realize that all of us are always so far away from each other and the chances that we will all get together in one place to cheer together and scream our hearts off for our favorite teams and players will be very slim. :(

20. Raphy

Raphy Regular Member

Sorry for not seing you guys...

Hi everyone...
    I tryed to look for your banners and T shirts, but I was also very busy taking photos on court and writing articles... Sorry I miss the opportunity to chat with you all and take some photos. Hopefully next time.
    I talked to Jonas who said he was glad he could have meet up with some of you and thank you for your support.
    Now heading for Indonesia.
    Bye to all and chat soon.

PS : the best if you want to get in touch with me is to write me directly at raphael.sachetat@badmintonphoto.com
    this way I'll get my mail every day, as I don't check the Forum so often.

PS : here is a photo of Jonas and Lars after their semi final win here in Singapore tp make myself forgiven ;-)

Attached Files: