Best Racket Recommendations

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by turtleneck, Mar 17, 2019.

1. turtleneck

turtleneck New Member

Hey Everyone, I'd love to get some advice or recommendation.

I am currently indecisive whether I should get an Astrox 88 S or D, and if I should get a 4UG5 or 3UG5. I am using Arc Saber 11 for years now with 29lbs tension and BG65 is my often strung string. Recently, I feel that I am having golfer elbow discomfort and I have a long term shoulder discomfort / injuries (rotator cuff). Recently I am able to try my friend's Astrox 88D 4UG5 and it does feel nice and light but I am unable to test the Astrox 88S 4UG5 and wondering how it feels and the comparison also, which is the best one to get. I am more of a front court player, but I also want to have a racket that give me power at the back. and I do participate in international tournaments. So, may i get some infos from you guys? Thanks and cheers !

2. Nate1121

Nate1121 Regular Member

I think the 88s is more suited for you bro coming of the arc11. The 88d is nice too but with your elbow and shoulder problems, the 88d I think will a bit harsh on it. & the 88s too can put out a nice smash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turtleneck likes this.
  3. visor

visor Regular Member

Stick with the 4U 88D, it's a great racket. If you do get the 88S, make sure it's a 3U, not 4U because 4U version of 88S lacks power. Definitely you have to try one to understand.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

turtleneck likes this.
  4. pughon

pughon Regular Member

Sorry I mean no offence, but if you an international player, you should probably have more chance to test these rackets and be capable of self-advising on this issue.

5. turtleneck

turtleneck New Member

None taken, I am currently self funding my own international tournament, having slow progress on my WR and currently working my way up therefore I have not get the chance yet to sign with any brand. Nevertheless, If you have opinion on the racket recommendation, Id appreciate that because that's the reason why I create this threads haha, thanks !

6. Nate1121

Nate1121 Regular Member

Turtleneck my man! I’m tryna make that happen for myself as well brah, funding my own way to make it. Best wishes to you friend!
    But yeah, I’ve owned the astrox 99 4u and for me it was nice but won’t recommend it for shoulder problems.im more of a Wilson guy.but the 88s is a beast.i hear that Kevin uses a 4u astrox 88s and he has some power with smashes from the back court, I mean it varies on the player but it is very possible getting a good amount of power with it. Probably more than the arc11 and 10

7. turtleneck

turtleneck New Member

Thank you very much, likewise Nate1121 ! One step at a time and always work/train hard. Thank you for your suggestion and opinion, I appreciate it. I need to take this into account because I'll be buying it, and.. this racket doesn't cost cheap.. I am slowly gaining side on the 88S now because it have more control and still provide power. Hopefully, there's more input and opinion here so I can decide soon. I kinda think that Kevin maybe encounter shoulder discomfort as well because I realize in some pictures he ice (to prevent it from getting worst or reduce inflammation) his shoulder after training, I don't know.. that's just an opinion.

8. Nate1121

Nate1121 Regular Member

Are you buying rackets from the US? 88s here is like $230

9. turtleneck

turtleneck New Member

$230 USD???? WOW. I will be buying it from Malaysia, there it cost around 130USD.

10. Nate1121

Nate1121 Regular Member

Yeah bro, if you could get it 190-200 that’ll be like if they had a sale on it.atleast in the us sites that I know of and try ordering from. Bro if you know any sites that sale Wilson rackets, like advance Wilson rackets.please fill me in

11. pughon

pughon Regular Member

Here is my experience:

After first cheap racket, I was prone to defensive and front court style so I bought a Karakal BN60, a very lightweight flexible racket. It is very fast and I didnt notice any pain in my arm. However, I could not clear the shuttle to the backline and the smash was not powerful. Then I was lucky enough to place my hand on some trips to add weight to the head. Now I got enough power for backcourt clear and smash without loosing much speed, with a little strain in my shoulder. The next concern coming up is, now when my techniques were slightly improved, this flexible racket seems too slow for my net kills. I am placing an order for a 88S 4U5.

So I guess every player has optimum racket weight and head weight (along with other specs) for their best performance. You can try adding weight using some grommet (those for Voltric 80-E and 70-E still available somewhere) to find out.

12. turtleneck

turtleneck New Member

Okay bro, if I found out store that sale Wilson I'll reach out to you. noted

13. Nate1121

Nate1121 Regular Member

Thanks brotha, take care