bent racket head!!!

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by master_taz101, Oct 14, 2009.

1. master_taz101

master_taz101 Regular Member

when i checked my racket i was kinda shocked that it's racket head was deformed or bent:crying:. The racket head was literally deformed but just the top part/half of it.

What do i do know? Does my racket have any chance of survival? Should I go to a badminton shop and let them fix it? Can it be repaired or straightened?
    Tnx to all! :D

2. petert1401

petert1401 Regular Member

I think we need more details before we can comment.
    Has it an impact recently, perhaps against the floor?
    Have you had it restrung recently?
    If you could post some photos it would help a lot.

3. master_taz101

master_taz101 Regular Member

it wasn't restrung yet since i bought the racket. I wasn't sure if it had any impact with the floor. I just saw it one day and realized that the racket head was deformed. I 'll try to post pictures if i can but maybe next week because quite busy these past few days

tnx

4. NoRice4U

NoRice4U Regular Member

Student
    Racquets that are bent or deformed cannot be straighten. As Re-bending the frame will stretch the fibres. The cause of deformation of racquet is usually stringing tension too high, because when you string your racquet its from left to right so it is possible to bend if the other side isn't strung

Another reason is when you string 4 knots ie: 2 strings, 1 going horizontal other vertical. 4 knots is quite easy to bend your strings because you have to weave and string at the same time which is time.

Other reason is when you breake a string the pressure applied to the frame is changed ie: You break a string in the on the top left of the racquet you would have to cut the opposite string to balance the pressure or simply just cut it straight after the string is broken.

5. petert1401

Please tell me you don't string your mains from left to right! :crying:
    You do them from centre outwards surely???

6. NoRice4U

NoRice4U Regular Member

Student
    No i dont have my strings at like 25 lbs i always do 23

A friend of mine just broke 2 racquets they were both at 25 lbs.

#6 NoRice4U, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  7. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    hmm...what are you trying to say? I'm confused.

8. petert1401

I'm not surprised if he didn't start the mains in the middle. I hope they were his own racquets...

9. NoRice4U

NoRice4U Regular Member

Student
    Or maybe it was bad luck? November the 13th and it was a Black Friday lol

10. NoRice4U

NoRice4U Regular Member

Student

Ok i'll seperate the 2 definition weaving and stringing to explain because its confusing.

Weaving: Weaving the strings but not tightening it
    Stringing: Tightening your strings

The easiest way to bend your racquets is when you do 4 knots especially if you DIY.

Note:i myself do not string 4 knots and don't know how to. But i know how it is done.

When you do 4 knots (1 separate string going horizontal and 1 vertical) you need to weave and string at the same time. because the pressure applied to the racquet differentiate.

11. petert1401

@NoRice4U:
    I don't mean to be unkind, but it seems that there are some gaps in your knowledge of how racquets should be strung.
    • Stringing of mains should always be done starting at the centre and working towards the edges. It doesn't matter whether you string at 25 lbs, 23 lbs or even 16 lbs, starting at one side and working across to the other side is just plain wrong because it puts unnecessary strain on the frame causing distortion or breakage. The higher the tension of course, the greater the damage.
    • I'm a little confused by your comment of "i myself do not string 4 knots and don't know how to. But i know how it is done.". I suspect what you're trying to say here is that you think you know how it should be done, but you've never tried it. It seems to me that your understanding of how it should be done is wrong.
    • There's no reason why you can't weave a 4-knot pattern, then tighten it as two seperate steps - simply weave as a 2-knot pattern and divide the strings either before tightening the mains, or after the mains and before the crosses. Make sure you leave enough slack at the dividing point for tightening and knot-tying though!
    I would urge you to search out some of the stringing guides that have been posted on BC - Dinkalot has done some excellent ones, but the videos can be a bit hard to locate.

12. Aaryarohit Naskar

Aaryarohit Naskar New Member

My racket seems to be bent from the haed ... ia there any way that i can default it!!?

13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Cut the strings! If it goes back to its original shape, then consider yourself lucky, look for a decent stringer and get it restrung.
    If it stays bent/distorted, then the racket is permanently damaged (cracked).

By the way, it always helps a lot if you add some pictures of the racket in question.