BC group & M'sian Cheer Team pictures

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open 2008' started by Loh, Jan 21, 2008.

1. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yes, you are both right guys!! That was mee :D 3rd from center by the railing...

I missed the gethogether.. After the semis i stood by the L6 entry for a few minutes after the game, trying to see if i spot a group but it didnt seem so, so I went back to town...

cheers,
    Twobeer

#21 twobeer, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmmm...

...*ahem*twobeer, seems like you might've forgotten to share with us.........

.....................................................................your pic(s):p :);)

3. ronnie14

ronnie14 Regular Member

nice pix..hahahha.. i was in bkt jalil, in L6, trust me, d mlsian fanatic cheerleaders are waaaaaaaaaay to fun..hahha

4. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    yeah, old town coffee originated from ipoh. i am not really a coffee lover. drinking coffee makes me drowsy. hahahah. more an ice water girl. :D but yeah i have tried old town coffee. i wish i could have made it. the last time no malaysian won. this time LCW won. it would have been so cool to be at the stadium. and the tickets were cheaper too this time around. i guess fate have different plan for me. was thinking of what you guys were up to while i was watching it on tv. tried very hard to spot your faces when the camera pans to the audience. hahahaha.

i think this time around a lot of the guys did not meet up with each other. ants was with teery, hauge was with indonesian team, mr loh was somewhere else and abedeng was doing a running commentary from his perch behind hasbullah. sorry you missed the guys but hopefully you had a good time twobeer. and did you get your two beers while you were there? :D :D :D

5. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Not exactly behind Hasbullah, right on top of Hasbullah. I can hear his running commentary while I was doing mine, even with that noise ..... best seat of the house too, better than VIP or the so called premium seats. The Astro commentator was seated further in front just in front of the cams, but that guy was too excitable. Good thing Ian Wright provided some balance in some of the commentaries.

Twobeer, would have been happy to let you join us on semis night for coffee. Yup, after beers, u need coffee ....... :D

I didn't dare to join Hauge, what with his bad flu and all. Only got to speak to him the next day after the finals, that guy should be in hospital bed or resting at home.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    but apparently the badminton bug is way stronger than the flu bug in this case.

7. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    i was wondering abedeng, is your place a normal seating or did you find the spot by sheer luck and decided to stay there? if it is normal seating, what number is it? i would say it must have been a good position since you managed to stalk everyone, hehehehe. like a spy on a mission. :D

8. donvito

donvito Regular Member

lawyer
    Nice pictures mr Loh! we miss bukit jalil, we were there during the World chamionships last year! Regards from makati, Philippines!

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Oh thank you. We miss you too! Hopefully we'll meet again! :)

10. fifteen luv

fifteen luv Regular Member

I like the Malaysian Cheer Team Star Leader. As I have never attend any SS live,I can only see him in TV. I am hoping one day I can meet him in person. I love his ways when M'sian player are in court and winning points. He is such a character. He is my Idol. In the MO 2008 MS final when LCW win the title, we can see him going into the court maybe to hug LCW or what but was stopped by the court officials. I hope the TV will show more of his amusing style in future. Ihave never came across such a great fan

11. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    What! Just because I happen to be commentating via technology for the 1st time last week, you said I found the seat by sheer luck .... :p

Been my seat for past 8 years, since Thomas Cup 2000, except the World Championships last year when I made the mistake of purchasing premium seats. :mad: Most guys and gals aren't aware that this position gives better angles courtside. Can see everything from all 4 courts without moving. Only problem is you have to be early to pick the place, sometimes have to play tough guy and push people's feet from your chair.

fifteen luv, the guy has been at it 20+ years. 20 years ago you could have been part of the cheerleading squad too, in Stadium Negara during the Thomas Cup. We made more noises than the pom poms and air horns. Not to mention maybe about 6 inches more lift on a young Cheah Soon Kit's jumping smashes.

#31 abedeng, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  12. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    well next time maybe i will ask you to tell me the location so that i could enjoy the spy view too. :D;)

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Now that we know abedeng's secret hideout, we shall all assemble there the next time and 'push' him out! ::cool: D :eek:

14. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    or we could make it our special BC spy cove. hahahaha. where we spy on people while abedeng give running commentary. mr loh can be in charge of providing snacks and i will be in charge of drinks. :D

oh, we really should invite the ABCDs. :D

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Did you see him when he was all serious?

He would take a deeeeep breath, close his eyes, shake his bald head a little, then he will bow his head in deeeeep concentration, mumble a few 'sacred or secret' words and also jointly shaking his hands (and fingers) a little, like gesturing to the crowd! :D;):)

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

abedeng's "hideout" location @ Putra Stadium revealed...

..must be abedeng's "lucky" or may i say.............."sacred" seat..;) :cool:
    ..i know 1 person who can spy on abedeng, but abedeng can't spy on him...guess who......................................that's riiiiight, he's lurker, the roof-rafter-photographer..:);):cool:
    ..the ABCDs will be spying on abedeng..................from the roof-rafter..:p:) ;)

#36 ctjcad, Jan 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  17. fifteen luv

fifteen luv Regular Member

Yes, sometime I saw him doing something like a bomoh is doing. He also shake his head greatly if the M'sian player playingmake a silly mistake. Of so many sports telecast, I have never come across such a great supporter as him.