Bay Badminton Center rumors.

Discussion in 'Bay Badminton Center ( BBC )' started by samkool, Mar 14, 2007.

1. DaiDai

DaiDai Regular Member

Yea, we should get a group of people to go together.:D

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Ben,

what's on the 2nd floor?

3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Table tennis facility?

4. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Regular Member

Kwun,
    Strictly office space on the second floor....no activity type stuff.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i was hoping may be a restaurant or cafe... :cool: :D

6. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Regular Member

Kwun,
    Because of the city's permitting process, we want to open for badminton first. Later, we will apply for cafe. We will follow every rule in the book just in case we run into any negative people. Our goal at BBC will be to cater to every need of the players. Don't worry, we will try our best. We will even have internet in our cafe. We will definitely have a lot of fun with this project and I hope people will see that. Have a great time at our grand opening!!!!!
    Ben

7. jump17

jump17 Regular Member

Do you guys have a set date on the grand opening yet? I want to mark my calendars for this big event :D:D

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    haha. i was just half joking, but i am sure when the cafe opens, it will be very popular and appreciated by your members and guests. keep up the good work Ben!

9. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Regular Member

I would like to thank all the people who stopped by BBC tonight. With the excitement of the club opening, all kinds of people have been stopping by the club and asking questions about membership, classes and lessons. Thank you all so much and we look forward to all the response in the coming months. Team BBC will continue to strive to cater to the needs of all players. Again, keep your eyes and ears open because BBC IS COMING!!!!!!!!

kwun likes this.
  10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    did they find out via BadmintonCentral? ;)

11. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    BBC opened already?

12. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Regular Member

No, BBC is not open yet. People have been emailing us and asking if they could stop by to see the building. We just happen to be there tonight. Please wait until we open and we will be sure to excite. Thanks.
    Ben

13. badpanda

badpanda New Member

hey Ben, thank for so quick response and detail infos. i am glad that finally someone is taking seriouly action to make the club experience more enjoyable. :p

14. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Regular Member

I am doing my best to respond to as much posting as possible. I am working a lost now so I don't have much time. But it means a lot to me to keep in touch with everyone and let people know what's happening. I will continue to answer as many questions as possible.

15. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    is there a grand opening discount? =D

16. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Regular Member

membership

please contact Harry at his club email harrytan@baybadminton.com
    thanks....I don't mean to pass the buck but all partners have a specific duty and I don't want to step on Harry's toes. Hope to see you at Bay Badminton.

#36 Ben Lee, Jun 29, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  17. yba501

yba501 Regular Member

Hi Ben,

Wow it sounds like Grand Opening is around the corner! Are you almost finish construction? This is exciting! I have some time off in July so if you tell us approxmate date I can start applying for leave to come over for the Grand Open for sure! I want to be one of the first people in the door to try that shiny new floor. From your site plans, everything looks so awesome! In LA we only have SGVBC and OCBC, but I live not too far but the traffic is really sucks. I will book by the airport Hotel to come play in BBC. Your "state of the art cueing system" sounds cool. How will your cue system work?

Yaba do want to know...

18. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Regular Member

That's a difficult question to answer. We are shooting to open by the beginning of September. Construction is always unpredictable. Just keep posted on BC for the latest update. Thank you so much for wanting to come up from LA. We have some players that have contacted us from all over the US and even some from overseas. This is a very exciting project not only for team BBC but for all players around the Bay Area. We would love to have players from all over to enjoy the club. :)

19. yba501

yba501 Regular Member

Since Monto hasn’t had time to post the minutes, I decided to google myself. Here is the meeting minutes http://www.burlingame.org/index.aspx?recordid=1120&page=269
    http://www.burlingame.org/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=2221. I’m not trying to be a negative person Ben, but there are some points on the minutes that makes me wonder. On Clause 5 of the miniutes is for BBC Club
    . There are strong conditions in points 4, 12, and 13. It say only 62 persons maximum are allowed to be in the gym at one time, even including the staff and Owner! How can they count the Owner too? Seems very........odd restriction. It also say that there is allowed only 2 tournaments per year with maximum of 60 players. Would opening day only allow less than 62 people. People will have to wait in line outside! Ben, how will you all going to handle such strict conditions they have in these minutes because I want to make sure I can get in to play if I come all the way from Los Angeles!

Yaba

20. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Regular Member

Bbc

We are constantly working with the city to amend a few more issues. It is always difficult to make a "non" badminton player understand the sport. We are very confident that all the issues will be ironed out prior to our opening. I can tell you this, many of the other clubs may be out of compliance with many things. I have a lot of knowledge about city restrictions and codes. Even some of the clubs down in Southern California may be out of compliance. Parking requirements, occupancy restrictions, fire sprinkler requirements, etc. The cities usually don't understand the sport and base their requirements on other factors.

Have you searched the minutes for any of the other clubs?

If you would like, you can always send me your personal information on a private message so I know who you are. I just want to make sure you are not an affiliate of a competitor who is trying to cause a negative effect on our club. I hope you understand because of the fact that opening a club is not an easy thing. We run into problems all along the way and don't want to create any more. We really want to provide a quality facility for people to play. If you are worried about being able to play if you come all the way from LA, just give me a call and I will make sure you get to play. As a matter of fact, I am more than happy to play with you. Again, please send me your personal information on a private message so I know who you are. Thanks.

Ben