BARFOOT & THOMPSON New Zealand Open 2019

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by yuquall, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

AhsanHendra enjoying themselves. Dont think they will win tomorrow..

2. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

i'm just very curious whether daddies will get better scores than minions tomorrow :oops::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. trizzforce

trizzforce Regular Member

Well I'm pretty certain TakaMatsu are going down tomorrow. They barely scraped through each of their matches en route to final. But I'm still rooting for them.

Cunning Linguist likes this.
  4. It'sMeMeMe

there is no 1st seed playing in final tomorrow....while the unseeded players playing tomorrow are all from Korea...

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ad hominem attacks, baseless accusations, taunts, sarcasm, ill will, bristling at the slightest provocation real or imagined, throwing tantrums now and then, passing racist or xenophobic remarks, what have you - is that all you're capable of most of the time? Why don't you put your linguistic skills to better use and let us all benefit from it ?

What's the point of being so personal with me, is it necessary or worth it, instead of purely addressing my arguments ? Oh, please, for goodness' sake, get a life. Time for self-reflection.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I couldn't be more surprised, most pleasantly.

As Xia Xuanze said, her technical skills, touch is more or less back, except that her physicality or lack thereof remains a hindrance. But today her stamina seems all right, unlike the last time she played Nozomi.

Finally, she's able to challenge one of the very few top players, a good sign and a good start to her OG QF campaign.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Right, way to go, Li Xuerui !

8. Badofan

Badofan Regular Member

I get that feeling too. If they go down, it's going to be a wake-up call for the entire Japanese WD.

9. It'sMeMeMe

eh i just check their head to head..
    it's TakaMatsu - KimKong 3 - 0
    so i guess TakaMatsu has advantage...

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Ouuh.. LD lost. :(

May Ahsan/Hendra get some revenge tomorrow.

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

FINAL (01.00pm) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...8D2F4B-98AE-4874-8222-77E7E2FFD0C6&d=20190505

upload_2019-5-4_19-11-28.png

SUPER DAN SINKS
    A twisted plot in semifinal witnessing Ng Ka Long outplays Lin Dan where the masterful strokes and some disguising shots didn't work well against the solid All England semifinalist. This HKG representative plays simply remarkable to respond his opponent quality shots and positioning Lin Dan in under pressure circumstances to commit many unforced errors. The scoreline confirms a convincing victory against the badminton maestro, 21-13 / 21-11. Earlier on TV Court, last year beaten finalist Jonatan Christie smashes the defensive Kanta Tsuneyama straight-forwardly, 21-13 / 21-15. An interesting final showdown for both players who seek first ever title in BWF World Tour circuit, Christie is favoured to top podium considering his reputation to beat some top guns lately and his phenomenal Asian Games gold medal last August but Ng KL has positive head to head stats prior to final here, 4-2.

NEW KID ON THE BLOCK
    The inexperienced An Se Young did marvelous job in her tender age, through to final of Super 300 tournament for the first time. The Korean actually blew away her chance to complete the match in two games, leading all the way 18-11, 19-14 thereafter Ohori slowly catching up and bring back her confidence to score 7 consecutive points and force deciding game. In the third, the 17 years old An is unfazed with painful losing in second game, credit to her mental strength to continue excellent display till the end, 21-13. At court 2, the Olympic Champion Li Xuerui eliminates the look-tired Akane Yamaguchi in three games with better strategy than their last time encounter. Li is struggling to regain fine form to pursue Tokyo dream, losing frequently to world's elite in BWF top-tier tournaments.

BACK TO BACK TITLE?
    Endo/Watanabe transform into new dimension suddenly, surging in back to back final. This senior-junior combination crushed Gideon/Sukamuljo last week in BAC and will up againt another Indonesian rivals in Auckland final, the rejuvenated veterans Ahsan/Setiawan. The World number seven pair never drop any game en route to finale including how they handle tough foe, fellow countrymen Kamura/Sonoda in last four. Reigning All England Champion have tough matches, needed three games in last two rounds to down Lee Y/Wang CL and Goh VS/Tan WK.

KOREAN SPIRIT
    Two Japanese A-listers have been toppled by world rank #30, Kim SY/Kong HY. Fukushima/Hirota have hefty lead in opening game, late comeback by the Koreans narrowed the deficit, 21-18. Then current world number two slipped the plot in second seed, the never give up Kim/Kong keep fighting and at the brink of losing turn the tables, 20-18 to 21-23. And momentum swifts to the underdogs who battled hard in a roller coaster and gruelling duel that sapping energy too much, 21-18 in 102 minutes total duration. One more Japanese last hurdles to pass, Matsutomo/Takahashi who edge out Chinese youngsters Dong WJ/Feng XY, 23-21 / 21-19.

A GOLDEN CHANCE
    Second final in this season for Jordan/Oktavianti after IND Open Super 500 event, they lost easily to world number two Wang/Huang in New Delhi, another opportunity is wide open to succeed this time. They beat TPE pair Wang CL/Cheng CY, 21-12 / 23-21 and facing Chan PS/Goh LY. The meeting statistics mention 3-1 for Indonesians favour against the high-reputable Malaysian pair who subdue the inconsistent Faizal/Widjaja in semis, 21-14 / 21-18. Realistically, Indonesia needs longer time to find formidable mixed doubles pair following Liliyana Natsir retirement in January.

lurker, It'sMeMeMe and Baddie lover like this.
  12. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Are you actually accusing me of racism here, fella? You better back that up, or immediately take it back.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Read in context, did I say here ? You know when and where you've done it before, more than once.

And what about you ? Take back your false allegations and retract your malicious statements - " your(sic) getting paid...blatant propaganda..."

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Funny you should say that.

15. kurako

kurako Regular Member

Must have been due to those ill-fitting shoes!!

16. minions

minions Regular Member

Are you sure?

17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    up hill for lxr to go ahead of hbj n cyf.

for men, its su, cl n ld.

good headache.

18. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Who is this Se Young An from Korea?
    She reached the final of a tournament where Akane Yamaguchi, Saina Nehwal, Zhang Beiwen etc are participating.
    Really fantastic, considering korea's situation in Women's singles. Only Sung Ji Hyun i know who could upset top players. But this korean player reached the finals. I wanna watch Women's singles tomorrow.

Biglever likes this.
  19. Michael V

Michael V Regular Member

Hope you’re wrong :p

Up to TakaMatsu to steady this sinking JPN WD ship at this tournament. They will come through as they have done before. :)

Odds are stacked terribly against the KOR pair considering they’ve met twice already this year and the scorelines don’t suggest a close battle tomorrow. Their marathon matches for the past two days may also have an effect. Matsutomo/Takahashi struggle against pairs where both players are good all-arounds/heavy hitters which is why they struggled against Kim Hye Jeong/Kong Hee Yong at Singapore Open and last year at Odense. Since Kim So Yeong prefers the front court and isn’t as strong at the back, TakaMatsu should be able to beat them as they have three times prior. :)

20. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

I know her from Uber cup 2018, she was chosen as WS 3 of the team.

But actually I didn't like her, maybe because the way she celebrated after winning the match.

^-^ Maybe, I watched a lot of matches of Tai TY, Akane, Nozomi, He Binjiao, Chen Yufie. I see the humility from them but not from SYA (just my opinion)

#280 terrynguyen121988, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019