Bao Yixin ( 包宜鑫 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    how many China players in the past play after the age of 28?

2. felipe

felipe Regular Member

finance
    It is indeed a very sad news. She didnt have a chance to pair up with a good player so far.
    She was one of the most promising player.
    I guess it is better if Li Yinhui is the one who retired.

3. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

What happenned there? Didn't hear about it before

hahahahaaa it is 8 GB :)

pcll99 likes this.
  4. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Not many indeed, about 10-15 out of the abundant players
    Well, I still prefer them to be there till about 30 though
    (of course badminton should be more awarding and less 'stressful' / emphasis on outcome at the China camp for this to happen)

5. felipe

felipe Regular Member

finance

The old Yu Yang was pushed to play in the Olympic, not sure it is CBA or her own ambition to win gold medal at Olympic.
    She is too old to play at Olympic and she blamed Tang during the bronze medal match.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

So far, only Zhang Ning and now Lin Dan are the two over 30-year-olds (excluding Tang Xianhu, Hou Jiachang and Fang Kaixiang, I was told, in bygone era) in singles.

In doubles, we had Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng , and a couple others, more common in doubles than singles for obvious reasons.

#86 Justin L, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  7. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

Yu was not pushed. she want to win an olympic gold, after feeling she was robbed of the chance in london.

Hannibal127 likes this.
  8. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

fair enough. London scandal was the management decision, so of course she wanted to 'redeem' it
    and the managerial can't say no since they know they had done something dirty.
    Meanwhile, she was already not at her prime and actually had won a gold in 2008.
    Well, it was both Yu Yang's and the Chinese team's greedeness in London which drives Tang to went away last year
    and also help in worsening the problem nowadays

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    hahaha....

do you find your PC to be slow when 22 tabs are open in Chrome?:)

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A bit strange that Bao Yixin referred to Liu Cheng as " Lao Wang" when I thought it should be " Lao Liu".

#90 Justin L, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Cheung likes this.
  11. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

Plus few other names, which might not be the among the best talents CBA has, but they area bit too young to retire: Qiu Zihan and Wang Zhengming.

Luo Yu probably will still continue her career if she get a good pair, even though it would be hard for her to start over again, as for the whole life she only play with her twin sister.

About BYX, I come to think that she might decide to quit because She didn't have the luck to play in the last two Oly, and in Tokyo 2020, she would be 29, and CQC, HDP, JYF, and many other younger new talents will for sure have the advantage come Tokyo Oly 2020. She wouldn't have a chance. So she thinks it's over for her. Just my 2 cents. Whatever it is. Good bye Bao Yixin, you will always be missed.

Cheung likes this.
  12. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

She and TJH should've never been split as a pair. They was once unstoppable in the world for quite a long run. HDP/LYH? I think Bao and recent partner Yu are way ahead of them. She no doubt still believes in herself that she can be the best today provided with the right partner.

I might get shot for saying this, but I think she's really just been unlucky; a casualty of the whole CBA 'scene'. One thing led to another... all going back to the 2012 London WD controversy with YY and WXL. YY as we know ended up getting paired with the promising TYT, but 'exploded' in Rio. TYT was supposed to be BYX's partner; they was beginning to dominate following that AE 2015 win. Meanwhile, when ZYL withdrew from WD in Rio, her and TQ's spot had to be given to the twins. I think it should've been a pair with BYX in it. But what other choice did they have?

Can anyone refresh the story of why Bao and Tang Jinhua pair was broken up? Did one of them got injured?

stanleyfm and pcll99 like this.
  13. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Shocked when I read the news of BYX retirement. Too young to retire. she has the potential leave a legacy and win more titles

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

#93 nizze, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  14. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Badminton World Federation confirms Bao Yixin's retirement

Untitled1.png

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As far as I can recall, the pair BYX/TJH was split some time after they suffered a disappointing loss at the Uber Cup 2014 in the Final to Matsutomo/Takahashi, 18-21,9-21, though CHN still retained the trophy 3:1 against JPN.

After that, the confidence of the pair took a hit and several lucklustre results followed which led to their split.

16. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

http://sports.sina.com.cn/others/badmin/2017-11-12/doc-ifynstfh5860086.shtml

在出现衰退的迹象前,其实包宜鑫/汤金华被视为新的女双头号组合,她们曾世界排名第一,拿到了多站公开赛的冠军,年轻,有网前球的能力,又有后场进攻的能力,她们具备了很多优点,似乎可以延续辉煌……

然而,一场失利导致这对世界排名第一的组合遭遇“拆对”的境遇。2014年尤伯杯,包宜鑫/汤金华在决赛中得到了宝贵的出场机会,“当时队里队员很多,很多优秀运动员,给年轻运动员锻炼机会已经很不容易了。”

面对日本组合松友美佐纪/高桥礼华,包宜鑫/汤金华有些出人意料地以0比2落败,第二局只拿到了9分。虽然队伍最终夺冠,包宜鑫/汤金华也在这次比赛中成为了世界冠军,但在这次比赛结束后没多久,她们就拆对了。

BYX/TJH was former world no. 1 and won several titles. young in age, good at the front court, with attacking ability at the back, they had many advantages, and look good to prolong china's WD dominance.

however a loss in the uber cup doom them. they unexpectedly lost to japan's MM/AT 0-2, with only 9 points won in the second game. although china still won, they were split not long after.

当听到拆对的消息后,包宜鑫傻眼了,彼时尚且年轻的她没想到因为一场无关大局的失利,会导致她和熟悉无比的搭档无法再合作,“拆对后,我和汤金华没有交流,就很尴尬(笑)。”拆对后的很多次,包宜鑫都会剖析这次拆对的原因,久而久之,眼前的迷雾终于散去,“不管你前面表现得多好,但只要在大赛中输了一场球,可能教练组就会否定你。没办法,毕竟确实是自己没有表现得很完美。”

时至今日,包宜鑫的心里还是会有一个疑问,如果没有拆对,她和汤金华的表现会不会比之前更好?“当时,我们的打法遇到瓶颈了,但我觉得双打就是需要不断地去磨合的,可是在我们没有磨合得更好的时候就让我们拆对了。我觉得到达一定的高度后肯定会遇到困难,但没有给我们克服困难的机会。”

BYX was stunned and shocked when she heard of the news. being young, she didn't expect a lost in a match that didn't matter, would caused her to split with a partner that she had been so familiar with. after that she and TJH did not communicate, only acknowledged each other awkwardly with a smile. for a long time, she kept on thinking the reason behind. as time went on, she finally became clear that no matter how excellent your performances were in the past, if you lost once in a big tournament, the coach team would reject you.

till now, she still has question in her heart. if she and TJH did not split, will they be better? although at that time, they came to a standstill in their play, BYX felt this is common for doubles, where the pair need to constantly work on together to change/improve their gameplay. after sadly they would split before they had a chance to do that. BYX felt after reaching a certain peak, one would definietly encounter problems (to breakthrough to the next level), but they would not given a chance.

the second half is about her focusing on XD to quality for Rio, given her disenchantment in WD (lack of good results, plus constant changing of partners). she was disappointed to miss out after losing to XC/MJ (ZZ was without doubt). as she was not able to buck up after losing out, and thinking china would develop young players for Tokyo, she decide to retire. plus her romance with LC from 2015, and how she kept on pouring cold water on LC, so as to keep him on his toes (even after winning WC).

forgive my bad translation :)

Cheung, pcll99, visor and 1 other person like this.
  17. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

Thanks for this. Although I think she still would've faired well hadn't she retired, you can't blame her.

That story with Tang Jinhua was sad too.

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    She is my next favourite CHN player after WYH.

19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

My Opinion is they were not split because of the UberCup lost. It wasnt an important match, i mean why are the coach like that?

Why always create something out of nothing.BYX is just victime of too much resources.

Its the FirstRound in the WorldChampionship2014( losing to indo pair) as the 1st seed that caused them to be dismissed. That was the straw that breaks the camel.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As far as I can recall, they were not split immediately after that Uber Cup loss, but they continued to do badly in the following few tournaments when their confidence got a hit following that upset, after which the coaches decided to split them.