Bao Chulai versus Wong Choong Hann (Pics)

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by Loh, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Malaysia had done well to reach the semi finals of the Thomas Cup. It would have been better if she had avoided China but Korea outwitted Malaysia by losing an ealier tie to meet Denmark in the semis instead.

So Malaysia had to face the favourites to compete for a place in the finals.

Hopes soared when Lee Chong Wei 'shocked' many, especially LYB who threatened to break his legs at one time, when LCW subdued the World No 1, Lin Dan, easily 21-12, 21-14. One-nil to Malaysia.

The second tie featured the MD1 and here China restored their pride when Cai Yun & Fu Haifeng defeated KKK & TBH convincingly, 21-16, 21-17. So the score became one-all.

Many had anticipated that the veteran Malaysian, WCH would find the young BCL too hot to handle. Indeed the fresh looking Bao, with a new hairdo, was in fiery form yet Wong was able to salvaged a good 18 points in the first game. But the effort proved too costly and Wong succumbed to a timid second game and the match, 18-21, 7-21. Two-one to China.

In the MD2, Malaysia made a bold move by resting the 'uncles', Tan and Lee and instead fielded Zakry and Tazari. This change proved vital in changing the depressed mood in the Malaysian camp as the young pair shocked Xie Zhongbo and Guo Zhendong with an energetic performance that left the Chinese in total disarray, winning 21-17, 21-15. Now the score was back on equal terms, two-all.

Knees weakened, legs were a-shaking when yo-yo man Hafiz, despite his earlier promise of giving his all, were no match for Chen Jin in the deciding Third Singles and he went down a dispirited man, 12-21, 16-21.

So all hopes to regain the Thomas Cup were gone with Hafiz' humbling defeat and Malaysia will once again start rebuilding her team for 2010, hopefully on Malaysian soil.

Attached Files:

2. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

BAO's stamina is pretty good. That is the thing that beat WCH in the TC. In the 2nd game of TC, WCH was a spent force.

WCH needs to study the various wins against BAO by LCW and others. But I think it is a hard task to ask of WCH. Can motivation alone help him to beat BAO ?

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

BCL have always played well in TC ....... he is a player who play well in Team event....i think.......the way he beaten LHI tell it all.....

4. litobear

litobear Regular Member

Student
    thanks uncle loh for the picture sharing ^.^

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    You are most welcome. I'm glad you like them. :) Is Bao Chunlai your favourite player? ;)

6. litobear

litobear Regular Member

Student
    can be said one of my fav..i've a few fav in my list..:D:D:p